Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2007, 20:04   #196
BHPian

Very bad

My condolences to their families. Its high time in India we give more respect to fellow citizens. Atleast in US, majority of people accepts a mistake while on the road.

But in India, we consider accepting a mistake of ours as a strict no no..hence road rage & tensions are all over the road.

In schools we should start teaching our kids on how to control temper & behave more responsibly towards fellow citizens.
Old 26th April 2007, 21:04   #197
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Just thinking about this - what if the kid in the rear seat of the Swift had strapped up his seat belts ? Maybe he could have been saved , maybe ? Off course point of impact and all those uncertain factors will play a role but still.......

Why do we ignore seatbelts at the rear ?

Last edited by normally_crazy : 26th April 2007 at 21:17.
Old 26th April 2007, 21:11   #198
BHPian

Lesson Not Learnt - Drive Unsafe..! Give Cars to your children under legal age..! Race all over the road..!

Lesson Learnt- Drive Safe, Be it at any time of the day..! Ensure a Responsible person with valid driver license behind the wheel..! Lane Driving-Sense Driving.

Its only the Rich families to blame, Got only Money and Money to rule them all..!

Nanda ( BMW), Alistair Perera ( Everyone knew he was guilty), Slam Khan..Oops Salman Khan,The Kid who ran over a divder in VK into an oncoming car,This One..! The Ford Accident on the Marine Road..! Most of them have only Money and Dumb Irresponsible Folks..in common..!
Old 27th April 2007, 11:34   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Moral of the story: Always wear the seat belts. Airbags save.

I feel the time has come for the govt to make ABS/Airbags compulsary. Increase the penalties for not wearing a seat belt...

Care for life...
You have got your moral completely wrong. The moral of this story is dont go racing or indulge in rash driving on city streets no matter what time of day nor how tempting the road might be.
Old 27th April 2007, 12:03   #200
Senior - BHPian

BTW since we are discussing rash & unsafe driving, has anyone noticed the profile pics of some of our Team BHP mates, many of those show their cars speedos maxing up ( 180 , 200 etc. ), might get a thrashing for this message. I assume those max speeds were not done at any race tracks, they would be done on outskirts of cities / or NH's . Sorry if I pointed this out but that is also a big risk that these guys take. NO OFFENCE to anyone in particlular.
Old 27th April 2007, 12:04   #201
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Quoting RKS - great depiction of the accident, I think that is what happenedd, you have spent some valuable time writing it all , Cheers !!
Thanks. Note that my analysis is based on the TOI depiction and the available evidence of the damage to the vehicles. Other scenarios could fit in if the TOI depiction is wrong. Secondly, the crucial question here is whether the Swift driver over-reacted; could the accident have been averted with a milder swerve by the Swift? We may never know the answer. The poor Palio guy probably died never knowing what hit him; he may not have seen the Tempo at all, if the Swift was obstructing his view.

If somebody can get hold of a detailed accident report or if there are any further updates, please do post here. We cannot expect the Press to follow up; they are only interested in the sensational details.
Old 27th April 2007, 12:07   #202
Senior - BHPian

@nc:I really doubt seat belt would have done any good, take a look at the rear left side of the car its totally smashed & who knows may be he was wearing the seat belt although it seems unlikely.
Old 27th April 2007, 12:19   #203
Senior - BHPian

Youve got a point techno. He was seated at the left rear and I doubt even being belted would have saved him looking at the state of the rear left of the Swift. The belt would have held him in place but crushed him at the same time since he wouldnt be able to move.

But NC is speaking in general safety terms that even the rear seat belts should be used since they are OE equipment in all Indian cars.
Old 27th April 2007, 12:20   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
If somebody can get hold of a detailed accident report or if there are any further updates, please do post here. We cannot expect the Press to follow up; they are only interested in the sensational details.
Yes, you are right, press is more interested in getting pics of the nailpolish colour that ash wore when going to tirupatiji.

Sadly, this media hype in our country results in ppl saying '' oooh, such a terrible accident '' & the in a few hrs the news change & ppl forget what happened. Really very sad. I am glad that we have posts like these which at least have some meaning & someone would realise the next time when they drive after they read these posts. It has made a slight difference in my driving these past 2 days after going through these posts.
Old 27th April 2007, 13:15   #205
BHPian

It's indeed a very vary sad situation & the parents of young kid who are in deep shock, their loss cannot be described. one of the kid who lost his life Mr Abhishek Sethi, his father happens to be close family friend of mine & i have known Abhishek personally who lost his life in the accident, I have met him quite some time during visit to their residence, he was a sweet guy. Its a tragic that i am going today for condolence (chautha) today at their place.
I hope people who have care free attitute learn from this incident & realize the risk involved in such road rage indulging their & other lives in danger they should know there is someone waiting for them at the home & they are the one who are hurt most.

My deepest condolence to both their Parents & family members who lost their teenage son.
Old 27th April 2007, 13:27   #206
Senior - BHPian

That is what these kids dont realize. They do not think about their loved ones. I can imagine what parents who have lost a teenage son must be going through. But even such incidents dont help in teaching a lesson to others.

Today's TOI had another story of an NHC hitting a biker duo with them getting thrown off the bike and one of them dying after being crushed under a BEST bus.
Old 27th April 2007, 14:22   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
You have got your moral completely wrong. The moral of this story is dont go racing or indulge in rash driving on city streets no matter what time of day nor how tempting the road might be.
You got it right Vikram!
It is applicable at Highways too!
Old 28th April 2007, 07:14   #208
Senior - BHPian

OT, dont you think its coz this accident was caused by "kids", its IN news!

If you are seniors then you haev contacts and then things go hush hush!
Old 28th April 2007, 10:24   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
OT, dont you think its coz this accident was caused by "kids", its IN news!

If you are seniors then you haev contacts and then things go hush hush!

i think i agree to some extent!
Old 28th April 2007, 11:03   #210
BANNED

Guys, Its a simple fact that we can't deny and that is the adrenaline rush guys have at that age ... and to make it worse they have cars that do these phenomenal sppeds , and havn't learnt the basics of driving fast . Simple tricks like braking using gears -- makes one stop much faster , staying away from the clutch except for shifting , etc etc !!!

And I guess we all have pushed machines at that age of 17-23 , and only after that do we realise that we are being stupid , and that there are other elements on the road that we may not have control over but cud cause us injury / damage . So lets not go saying kids are irresponsible etc as thats the age everyone across the world does the same thing , and will carry on doing it .

Im saying this from personal experience .... at that age we also did stuff with cars which when I think of now .. sends shivers down my spine !! But at that time it was cool ... and we never thought about stuff like loved ones and stuff as the brain probably aint designed to think of such stuff . It is sad ... but then --------

SAD but INEVITABLE ............. !!!

MORAL Of the STORY -- kids shud be told that a race track is where one shud head to ... and the streets aint for racing . Unfortunately parenst wud cringe at the thought of that , sO that leaves the kids with the roads to race on . PROMOTE MOTORSPORTS to parents .

Last edited by khaadu75 : 28th April 2007 at 11:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks