Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2007, 14:20   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Also remember, there are people for whom you have to live.
Bravo..well said..

A momentary lapse of reason can lead us and our loved ones to a trail of blood, pain, guilt and misery.. So lets see this incident as a lesson and and become better and more responsible drivers.
Old 26th April 2007, 14:25   #167
Senior - BHPian

The Swift was the top end one with ABS so skidding can be rules out
Old 26th April 2007, 14:26   #168
Senior - BHPian

why signals are left unoperational

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini View Post
Nothing magical happens to a person on his or her 18th birthday that makes them a good driver. I've seen several people 30 years old or older behaving like they're 16. Conversely there are many good drivers under 18.
Well Said! Ok can anybody throw some light as to why signals
are left unoperational (at least the Amber Light) during off peak hours?
I mean, do they turn em off for cost cutting ? I don't think so?
If the signals were operational, i think this would have averted.
But then again, these were locals, knowing the area very well,
they should have slowed down at the intersaection anyway!
Old 26th April 2007, 14:29   #169
Team-BHP Support

Navin as per your side then the Palio right would have red paint of the swift. I can clearly see blue on the palio bumper.

Although must say thats good thinking. Something like the swuft back left tapping the palio front right and causing the swift to spin like the police pit maneouvre and both of them get T-boned by the tempo.
Old 26th April 2007, 14:35   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
No alcohol was found in any blood samples. All those alive were tested for alcohol.
Yes, but have they released the reports yet? I understand the police are pretty tight lipped about this because, according to TOI Mumbai, the family members of the guy driving the Palio have said that they reached the Hospital within 20 minutes of the accident and the survivors of the Swift had been brought in for blood tests and they were aparently smelling of alchohol. So Sethi's family members believe that all occupants of the Swift had consumed liquor...........
Old 26th April 2007, 14:40   #171
Senior - BHPian

See the poclice rleased the body only becasue there was no alcohol traces found else they wouldnt have given the body that very day, this is what the deceased brother told me. Media can give any angle to it to make it spicey..
Old 26th April 2007, 14:59   #172
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Swift sees truck and swerves left into Palio which turns the Siwift so that the rear of the Swift is now facing Lokhandwala and the Tempo (now under hard braking) smashes into the Swift (on the left rear side - as it is turning killing the rear passenger) AND Palio's right door (killing the driver) at the same time.
There are problems with this scenario. Remember that both Swift and Palio were moving forward at high speed. For the Swift to do a 90 deg spin would already consume half the road width and probably have taken it past the tempo -- I don't see how the rear left of the Swift could possibly have been exposed to the Tempo. Plus note that the Tempo had no velocity in the direction that the Swift was moving (there was a slight swerve to the right by the Tempo), so the hypothetical blow to the Swift's rear could not have been a high-impact one, certainly not enough to kill the Swift rear passenger.

@Technocrat, I doubt if the Swift guy even had any time to brake. He would have swerved hard to the left and a heavy car like Swift could easily spin. I think it did 180 degs, the rear left hit the auto and the spin continued further to cause the left hand side damage to the Swift.There could not have been any issue of ABS and braking distance here.

Last edited by rks : 26th April 2007 at 15:02.
Old 26th April 2007, 15:21   #173
Senior - BHPian

Ok, here's what i think happened.

The Palio is on the tail of the swift on the right side (Not on the left as portrayed). Palio driver sees the truck, panics & swerves to the left, only to fish tail the swift which while swinging hits the truck while in the reverse position & at the same time, the palio also hits the truck taking the full impact on its right. Anything i have missed ?
Old 26th April 2007, 15:27   #174
Team-BHP Support

I dont think the swift can swing around the palio and then come to hit the tempo which by then would have already crashed into the palio.

It could be that the swift guy in front panics when he sees the tempo hits the brakes, the palio guy rear ends him causing him to spin and the swift tail hits the tempo which T-bones the palio.
Old 26th April 2007, 15:30   #175
Senior - BHPian

Some more news from a collegue who stays near the accident spot. There have been more casualties which havent been reported in the press. The accident has also claimed the lives of the rickshaw driver and the guy sitting in the tempo next to the driver. Also a couple of more people have died maybe bystanders. total casualties = 6

Surprisingly not reported in press
Old 26th April 2007, 15:35   #176
Team-BHP Support

dippy those could be just rumours being spread by the bystanders around the area.

If it isnt a rumour then it's very odd for the press and police to not report this.
Old 26th April 2007, 15:39   #177
Senior - BHPian

well you could be right vid. But the guy from the tempo was thrown out on impact. You never know these press guys.
Old 26th April 2007, 15:41   #178
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
It could be that the swift guy in front panics when he sees the tempo hits the brakes, the palio guy rear ends him causing him to spin and the swift tail hits the tempo which T-bones the palio.
The Palio's front side is relatively intact (including headlamps and number plate) -- see Posts #84 or #88. This is surely not possible if the Palio rear-ended the Swift.
Old 26th April 2007, 15:43   #179
Senior - BHPian

Just seen Blazed, Abhishek seems to have been a member and was present at one of the meets.

Last edited by Gordon : 26th April 2007 at 15:44.
Old 26th April 2007, 16:11   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Just seen Blazed, Abhishek seems to have been a member and was present at one of the meets.
What !!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks