Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2007, 11:29   #151
Senior - BHPian

This is one Thread / Topic that is gaining interst / popularity !!!! Although the poor blokes who died are no more, imagine the agony of the people who survived this accident, they have to bear it for the rest of the lives.

I know 17 yr olds should not be given cars as they are not quick on judging what to do in such a scenario. This guy was in a Swift & 17 yrs old, I do not know if anyone here at this site is from Agra, I have seen kids ( 16 yrs - 22 yrs old ) being given accords & scoda's & corrollas by their rich parents on b'days, these freaks take out their cars at nights ( half drunk ) with blaring music & imitate Paul Walker ( of 2f2f & fast n furious faim ), they head towards the delhi highway NH2 & try to see how much their cars can max ( 170, 180 ... ). I was in a similar scenario when someone was trying to do 170 - 180 in an expensive car on the highway meanwhle I as a passenger was shi**ing in my pants, never ever sat in his car again. People do not realise that it takes a split second for your destiny to change.

Quoting RKS - great depiction of the accident, I think that is what happened, you have spent some valuable time writing it all , Cheers !!
Old 26th April 2007, 11:29   #152
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Suman. All I wanted to put forward was put forward the driving style and antics of the deceased. After reading what I posted I'm sure we all understand that it was a disaster waiting to happen.

Red car, LED lights, neon kits, blaring music, speed and what not thats a description of the car. Isnt that a recipe for mayhem? I have seen the boy myself too. Very short fellow a regular smoker at the local paanwala all of 17 years.
Old 26th April 2007, 11:43   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Red car, LED lights, neon kits, blaring music, speed and what not
This will ring a bell in most chennaites. The Red OHC with drunken kids (one under aged) running over a girl on a scooter in the middle of the night.

You are right dippy, research has it that these are ingredients for disaster waiting to happen.
Old 26th April 2007, 11:52   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post

Was there alcohol involved?
No alcohol was found in any blood samples. All those alive were tested for alcohol. Infact since there was no alcohol my friend could get his brother's body easily otherwise it would have been difficult to get the body.
Also from what he told me the tempo banged into the Swift & not the Palio.
Old 26th April 2007, 11:56   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
No alcohol was found in any blood samples. All those alive were tested for alcohol. Infact since there was no alcohol my friend could get his brother's body easily otherwise it would have been difficult to get the body.
Also from what he told me the tempo banged into the Swift & not the Palio.
Then the tempo must have been coming from the left side. There is no damage to the Swift on the right.
Old 26th April 2007, 11:58   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I know 17 yr olds should not be given cars as they are not quick on judging what to do in such a scenario.
Appreciate your concerns about underage drivers etc., but I think it's more a matter of maturity and good sense than age. Nothing magical happens to a person on his or her 18th birthday that makes them a good driver. I've seen several people 30 years old or older behaving like they're 16. Conversely there are many good drivers under 18.

P.S. I'm 28

Last edited by ajitkommini : 26th April 2007 at 11:59.
Old 26th April 2007, 12:01   #157
Team-BHP Support

The plight of having to live with these memories is going to be very hard on the survivor. It would do him good to relocate himself to somewhere else, and undergo proper counselling so as not to go into depression.

Remember an incident in Dubai where a friend of mine lied to his mom that he was going to play a game of football with his friends and instead went for a swim with friends in Jumeirah beach. With the undercurrents, 3 of them lost their lives, while the 2 who survived were indirectly blamed by others, and also had to live with the memories for the rest of their lives.
Old 26th April 2007, 12:27   #158
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
This will ring a bell in most chennaites. The Red OHC with drunken kids (one under aged) running over a girl on a scooter in the middle of the night.
That was the incident hugely responsible for me changing my driving style.
As far as the "holier than thou attitude" is concerned, I agree, no one is a saint here and everyone has been wild at some stage in his life. But, no one likes to talk about death and destruction and no one wants to point fingers at anyone. The main reason why such a thread is opened is to open peoples' eyes. Even after reading about these accidents, many people don't change or care to change. That's what is infuriating.
Also remember, there are people for whom you have to live. I have my parents, my lady and my dog.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th April 2007 at 12:29.
Old 26th April 2007, 12:45   #159
Team-BHP Support

Well said Aditya. Enough of the finger pointing. Lets all learn from this.
Old 26th April 2007, 13:16   #160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Then the tempo must have been coming from the left side. There is no damage to the Swift on the right.
This is what I thought happened.
Old 26th April 2007, 13:21   #161
Senior - BHPian

I read in one the reports that the cars were travelling from JP road towards 4 bungalow signal via BonBon. So maybe the tempo came from lokhandwala. If he was coming from the 4 bungalow market lane , he would have to drive slow as the lane is full of parked autos and doodhwala jeeps at that time.

I MIGHT BE WRONG TOO
Old 26th April 2007, 13:55   #162
Senior - BHPian

The cars were coming towards Bonbon via 4 Bungalows on JP road. The truck was coming straight from Lokhandwala towards 4 Bungalows market lane. They all met at 4 Bungalows junction.

The truck was supposed to be going slow, since he was going to enter a narrow lane and look out for cars on JP Road. I have this thing that a car intersecting or coming onto a faster lane MUST slow down. JP Road is clearly the faster lane, since 4 bungalows road is narrower.

Last edited by Gordon : 26th April 2007 at 13:58.
Old 26th April 2007, 14:02   #163
Senior - BHPian

Gordon,

Then how come no damage to the Swift on the right side ?
Old 26th April 2007, 14:16   #164
Team-BHP Support

NC,

Gordon might have a point (I use JP road often and have also faced the issue of fast vehicles coming from Lokhandwala) just visualise this....

Swift sees truck and swerves left into Palio which turns the Siwift so that the rear of the Swift is now facing Lokhandwala and the Tempo (now under hard braking) smashes into the Swift (on the left rear side - as it is turning killing the rear passenger) AND Palio's right door (killing the driver) at the same time.

If anyone knows what happened it would be the Tempo driver and he wont talk as the case of killing 2 people will fall on him.
Old 26th April 2007, 14:20   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Gordon,

Then how come no damage to the Swift on the right side ?
Exactly what I was thinking for quite sometime.... But we don't have proper pictures of the right side. The picture in Post #1 is partially covered by a man. Also, maybe the car braked sooo hard that it skidded and the truck, as Navin says, hit the rear of the Swift.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks