Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2016, 23:23   #481
BANNED

Re: Recommended water purifier?

How good is HUL Pureit Classic 14 Litre Purifier? No need of boiling water as they say? really? I live alone so this purifier suits me, but will i end up having bad stomach? Anyone using this type of gravity based purifiers?

http://www.amazon.in/HUL-Pureit-Clas...ct_top?ie=UTF8
Old 14th February 2016, 12:05   #482
BHPian

I bought the Kent RO system recently and now realized that it has RO+UF but not UV. So, is it possible to retrofit the UV system to it now? Logic says Yes as the same model is available with UV.
Old 14th February 2016, 14:59   #483
BANNED

@deep_bang; Useful to know that Kent have non-UV. I thought all HID systems had either UV or Iodine (ZeroB) for final polishing. Incidentally, I also learnt of a Kent unit which is essentially a filter (no RO) which is available.
Old 22nd February 2016, 18:23   #484
BHPian

Hi,

Currently dependent on bisleri 25 litres can, wife wants to get a water purifier.

I live in a mini apartment in Bangalore, where we get both Cauvery water, and bore well.

Problem is both go into the same tank, have never measured the TDS as such, but it is definitely hard, as can be seen in the unreachable recesses of the car, can see white stains.
I read somewhere that RO takes out the essential minerals also.

Came across kent, and they seem to have a technology which helps maintain essential minerals, could be marketing gas also, anyone who knows more about it.
http://www.kent.co.in/RO-Water-Purif...ent-Grand-Plus
Earlier I had zeroed in on Pureit marvella, asked those guys to come and give a demo, no one turned up!

How is aqua guard compared to kent?

Regards
shailesh
Old 23rd February 2016, 08:58   #485
BANNED

@aspire; Mineral retention is basically mixing in a small quantity of non-RO water. I am not sure whether it is fixed ratio or variable ration. In your case if it is not the latter it will not help.
Old 23rd February 2016, 09:47   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@aspire; Mineral retention is basically mixing in a small quantity of non-RO water. I am not sure whether it is fixed ratio or variable ration. In your case if it is not the latter it will not help.
It can be adjusted. At home I have set it to Zero ie, just pure RO with no minerals. The water is exposed to UV rays.

I had purchased the Kent while in Hyderabad when I used to stay for a week or two and then switch to Chennai. Sometimes I found that the mixed water tends to have other "things" when left for 2 -3 weeks. Hence I had requested it to be set to zero and never observed it again. When I moved back to Chennai, I brought the same here, and continues with the same settings, knowing the quality of Chennai Metro water!!

On a different note, the Kent RO was near problem free at Hyd, but in Chennai, the inline filters gets choked every 5-6 months and need to be replaced at a cost of around 1500 (500x3 ie 2 inline filters and 1 external filter). We use it only for drinking, while use filtered metro water for cooking.
Old 24th February 2016, 10:34   #487
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
It can be adjusted. At home I have set it to Zero ie, just pure RO with no minerals. The water is exposed to UV rays.
Thanks. This will be a problem for him, since he does not know what is the ratio of borewell and soft(er) water on a particular day, or even time.

Inline filter getting choked indicates a lot of crud in the feed!

Last edited by sgiitk : 24th February 2016 at 10:36.
Old 24th February 2016, 11:19   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Thanks. This will be a problem for him, since he does not know what is the ratio of borewell and soft(er) water on a particular day, or even time.

Inline filter getting choked indicates a lot of crud in the feed!
It depends on how much he could "trust" the water coming through the pipe and adjust it accordingly. The technician normally checks the hardness at the point of installation or service, then we could request it be adjusted as we want.

Im told that once it passes through UV, its generally safe if not stored for long!! But being from Chennai, and knowing the quality of Metro water, I am paranoid that it has to be absolutely safe , than not having the minerals.
Old 24th February 2016, 15:25   #489
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
Im told that once it passes through UV, its generally safe if not stored for long!! But being from Chennai, and knowing the quality of Metro water, I am paranoid that it has to be absolutely safe , than not having the minerals.
Once all the muck has been removed, storage duration hardly matters as long you are not talking of days altogether.
Old 25th February 2016, 20:58   #490
Senior - BHPian

I just bought the Aquaguard Geneus. Still to use it so if anyone has experience with this please comment. Thanks.
Old 29th February 2016, 09:05   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post

How is aqua guard compared to kent?

Regards
shailesh
Just came across your post and not sure if you have already made the purchase. However these are some good ones from Aquaguard (Aquasure) which are budget models for home use and works well too. This is from personal experience of over 2 years in our house and in laws-

Cauvery water only - Aquasure Aquaflow DX

http://www.eurekaforbes.com/Search-K...flow-DX?pid=31

Only a UV purifier is required if one uses just Cauvery water as the source.

Borewell - Aquasure Nano RO

http://www.eurekaforbes.com/Search-K...Nano-RO?pid=27

It is a RO purifier and works well with borewell water with high levels of salts etc. It has 4 litres of storage as well

If it is a mix of sources (Cauvery + Borewell) one can go for the Nano

Both have worked well in the years of use, however one has to change the candles etc depending on use (generally one year for normal households)

Source - coutesy Eureka Forbes website
Old 2nd March 2016, 16:23   #492
BHPian

I'm facing problem installing the Pureit filter. The water inlet is 1/2". But the RO paper filter compartment has a push-fit input for 1/4" pipe.

Where can I get this converter from 1/2" (could be 3/8") RO pipe to 1/4" pipe? The installation guy from HUL was quite happily tossing the work to the in-house plumber and demands the entire 1/2" unit to be replaced to suit a 1/4" installation. (This demands taking the tile as well, which I won't as this is a rented flat).
Old 8th March 2016, 18:42   #493
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, How is LG stainless steel water purifier? I almost zeroed in Kent water purifier. LG is almost 11-12k more expensive but the stainless steel tank is something that changed my mind.

Do let me know as I am planning to buy this weekend.

Thanks in advance.
Old 8th March 2016, 18:50   #494
BHPian

Hello guys, we are toeing the idea of buying a RO filter as our house gets a borewell water supply. We have narrowed down to Kent Pearl and Pureit Ultima(HUL). Can someone suggest me as to which is better between the two? We are looking for a product that will serve us for long years and is less on maintenance. So in term of reliability, which from the above is best? Any other brand suggestion is also welcomed.
Thanks.
Old 8th March 2016, 20:35   #495
BHPian

We have a KENT RO (purchased in 2010) and in terms of filtration it is superb. I can say that because when I drink water from other sources I find it very salty (a friend who uses a normal UV filter) and KENT RO definitely cleans up the supply. Maintenance is not low though. Within 6 years, the pump went kaput once (about 3K for replacement) apart from the membrane change and filter (about once in 1.5 years). At the time we bought this product KENT was the market leader in RO. Now there are many players. Kent service guy comes on the same day without a fuss though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks