Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2019, 10:36   #2521
BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

'Dark' is an exceptional series . The story is very complex and engaging. The visuals and colour tones are great too. Getting more complex as each episodes goes .
Watching it with Wikipedia open (for the character names and connections between them . PS: Don't read the story before watching)

Waiting for Season 3
Old 9th August 2019, 17:56   #2522
BHPian

Mom and I just binged the entire Season 1 of Hostages on Hotstar. Brilliant acting by Ronit Ray and Tisca Chopra, but the plot is too tangled. It's a good show to watch with your family (no kids though), but avoid it if you have a better option.
The show brought back memories of the Indian version of 24 (Anil Kapoor, Tisca Chopra, Mandira Bedi), but it's not even half as good.
Old 9th August 2019, 18:58   #2523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
Watched [b], its an originally Spanish show, has English dubbing on Netflix. The English voice over & translation could have been better, but a great show to binge watch.
I watched all the seasons with original spanish audio with subtitles. Just can't make myself watch it with english audio. The characters feel so much better with spanish audio. Try one episode. You will love it.
Old 9th August 2019, 19:16   #2524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Black Spot on Netflix is another good watch. I was about to finish S1 and was lucky that S2 too was released at about the same time.

Its a story about a series of crimes in a small town in France. Binge worthy if you ask me.
One of my favourite series. I watched it way back in 2017 and waited a long time for the next season.

Another of my favourite series is 'The Expanse' on Amazon Prime. I feel it is one of most underrated Sci fi series right now. It was cancelled after Season 3 and then Amazon bought it, so it is now exclusive to Prime. Season 4 is coming in December.
Old 9th August 2019, 23:50   #2525
Distinguished - BHPian

Cloak and dagger on Amazon.
After the first 4 episodes, it really picks up. Essentially about two kids who get some superpowers. Love how they build up the personalities, giving them hope and fear. It's a little tiresome while being built for the first four episodes, but persevere and it's quite nice.
Oh, and the songs are cherry picked. Absolutely brilliant. After TG, the best choice of soundtrack on a show I've heard.
Old 12th August 2019, 08:15   #2526
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Shetland : recommend this one. Slow burner crime drama, beautiful beautiful locales. Is on Netflix.
I've watched this, and highly recommend it. I have suggested this in the past to some friends as well, who were looking for recommendations.
Old 12th August 2019, 09:29   #2527
BHPian

Started a series called 'Zoo' on Netflix. Not sure how this landed up in my recommended list, but it did, and I was intrigued by the storyline.

Basically, animals around the world develop intra-species communication skills and start turning against Human beings. S1 and a few episodes of S2 were interesting, however boredom caught on after that and it became too predictable and comical in a sense.

'Perfume' on Netflix too was the same. Intriguing plot and very interesting episodes at the start, however it became too boring as the episodes rolled on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
'Dark' is an exceptional series . The story is very complex and engaging.
Tell me about it. I completely lost track of the plots and characters quite a lot of times (as in who is from what era). This requires your complete attention to watch. Had to pause and rewind multiple times to gain my bearings of the plot.
Old 14th August 2019, 20:25   #2528

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
I watched all the seasons with original spanish audio with subtitles. Just can't make myself watch it with english audio. The characters feel so much better with spanish audio. Try one episode. You will love it.
+100 to that. Even I watched in Spanish audio and somehow began to like the sweetness of the language. Few characters that will be etched in me memory includes Berlin, Nairobi & of course "The Professor". As an offshoot came across this video of the song "Bella Ciao" and I'm madly in love with this song.
Song has quite a history - It was part of the resistance movement song during second world war in Italy.

I'm not sure whether everyone will like this series. But for me it is one of the best.
Old 19th August 2019, 18:00   #2529
BHPian

Binge watched Sacred Games S2 over the weekend. However, must admit, its nowhere as interesting as S1. Somehow, the storyline doesn't have that ' What's gonna happen next' excitement to it. Disappointed, to say the least.

However my disappointment was short lived. Watched a Spanish series called 'Victim number 8'. It has a fresh storyline about how a man of a particular faith is victimized for no fault of his.
Old 19th August 2019, 18:05   #2530
Distinguished - BHPian

Reviews for Sacred Games 2 indicated it as the best thing to have happened in television and much better than S1. Have watched 2 episodes so far and frankly it has been pretty boring. Hope it picks up.
Old 19th August 2019, 20:20   #2531
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Hope it picks up.
Doesn't really. I was pretty disappointed - they promised a landcruiser and delivered a permier rio.
Old 19th August 2019, 22:35   #2532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Doesn't really. I was pretty disappointed - they promised a landcruiser and delivered a permier rio.
Stopped midway of episode 2.
A series with an actor of Nawazuddin Siddique's calibre underwhelmed so much.
Cuss words for the sake of cussing.

Will start on Dark & Mindhunters now to get over the tragedy that is Sacred Games.
And these jokers are coming for a Season 3. wow.
Old 19th August 2019, 23:41   #2533
Distinguished - BHPian

Sacred Games (S2): 2 / 5

Frankly this whole season is a drag; as one realizes the current script timeline has proceeded very less with too much detailing into Gaitonde's history (which if one remembers was the majority of S1 too). Siddique is excellent through and through; especially the parts when he's just voicing the dialogues (of the current timelines). Saif just plays a side-actor role throughout the season; they could have skipped him entirely and one wouldn't miss anything.

Just read the story script in Wikipedia and give this season a miss. Watch only for Siddique (and Pankaj Tripathi) if you have nothing better to do!
Old 20th August 2019, 09:25   #2534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Binge watched Sacred Games S2 over the weekend. However, must admit, its nowhere as interesting as S1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Have watched 2 episodes so far and frankly it has been pretty boring. Hope it picks up.
Not at all surprised with this overall feedback from whoever has watched season 2. I was quite disappointed with Season 1 itself, because it was nothing close to the way in which it was hyped as one of the best series on television in a long time.

I found Mirzapur to be way, way better, fast paced and considerably more entertaining than Sacred Games. So much so, that I was least interested when the season 2 came out and till date, have not bothered to waste my time on it. After watching Season 1, I didnt have any exalted expectations from Season 2, and voila, thats exactly what most people have to report about it
Old 20th August 2019, 09:58   #2535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post

I found Mirzapur to be way, way better, fast paced and considerably more entertaining than Sacred Games.
True that about Mirzapur and Sacred Games. I watched Mirzapur first and liked it. Started watching Sacred Games season 1 with the hopes that it would be even better with all the hype around it.
But felt it was underwhelming.

Season 2 being more underwhelming, I guess I will give it a miss for a long long time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks