Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2019, 10:59   #2431
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

A tame end to a great show. GOT season 8 was such a let down. Having said that, I hope WW3 is much much better. That trailer got me

Old 21st May 2019, 11:11   #2432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
So, The Game of Thrones saga comes to an end. And IMO, such an underwhelming wrap up of what used to be a great show, probably could've been THE best show ever, not anymore. Ever since the show went ahead of the books, the writers have been fumbling in dark and Seasons 7 & 8 were a major let down for me. Sad the they have left so many loose ends untied and a hell load of questions unanswered. Planning to read the books so as to know how it actually ends up.

Criticisms apart, the show shall still be legendary for what it used to be. There was, and never will be, another show like this masterpiece. Grand Farewell!

The IBDB rating for the last episode is a mere 4.3
As against the overall show rating of 9.5
Old 21st May 2019, 13:17   #2433
Senior - BHPian

Did any of the GOT fans here joined that petition to remake the 8th season with better written episodes? I do not think the producers will/can do that, unless they get funded for it from the studio.

Surprisingly, GOT which literally ruled the TV till date, had very low turnout for the finale. The Big Bang Theory which had lost its credibility over last few seasons, had one of the highest viewership numbers and it was trending all over the internet for 3 days. Irony !
Old 21st May 2019, 13:21   #2434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Did any of the GOT fans here joined that petition to remake the 8th season with better written episodes? I do not think the producers will/can do that, unless they get funded for it from the studio.

Surprisingly, GOT which literally ruled the TV till date, had very low turnout for the finale. The Big Bang Theory which had lost its credibility over last few seasons, had one of the highest viewership numbers and it was trending all over the internet for 3 days. Irony !
The finale was the most watched for this series and set records as the most watched episode for any HBO show.

Yup the writing laboured and staggered after GRRM's departure but the show's cultural impact was phenomenal.
Old 21st May 2019, 13:28   #2435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
The finale was the most watched for this series and set records as the most watched episode for any HBO show.

Yup the writing laboured and staggered after GRRM's departure but the show's cultural impact was phenomenal.
Exactly my point. It was the highest of the series, but not high as expected. Big Bang Theory's finale was watched by close to 20 million, against the 13 million for GOT.

Anyways, we watched both, so who cares about the numbers.

But the bigger question is what next? These series had millions of viewers glued to the TV/Web for years after years. Are there any such series which have the ability to pull the world towards them? Most series do not last beyond 3rd season now a days.

As I mentioned 4 big cult classic shows are ending/ended this year:
1) The Big Bang Theory
2) GOT
3) Suits
4) Homeland

What do we watch next?
Old 21st May 2019, 20:04   #2436
BHPian

Still haven't watched the finale of GOT but all the one liner reviews are probably making me immune to the average ending?

I think anything that spent 6 Seasons trying to build up something and then the final 2 seasons wrapping up. And the final season is really the one where all loose ends are tied, it just won't ever be very satisfying. That's why you had 1 fight between the dead and humans, half a fight between rest of the warring sides.
Old 21st May 2019, 22:04   #2437
BHPian

Big Bang Theory finale was brilliant, left me a bit teary eyed.
As someone into research and writing and publishing, the plot was extremely relatable and easy. I will miss the show.
Old 21st May 2019, 22:54   #2438
BHPian

Quote:

As I mentioned 4 big cult classic shows are ending/ended this year:
1) The Big Bang Theory
2) GOT
3) Suits
4) Homeland

What do we watch next?
I can recommend Blacklist unless you are already witnessing the brilliance of character delivery from James Spader. It is in similar popularity bracket as Suits. I am also going to cling on to Sacred Games and Mirzapur and Delhi Crimes

I have recently received good recommendation for Love, Death and Robots and Bodyguard. May start watching soon.
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:21   #2439
BHPian

There is a new season of Amazon original sneaky Pete on Amazon prime. This is the story of a con artiste with heart of gold.
If you have not watched, suggest you to give it a try. I binge watched the latest season on Sunday. It's one of the best crime/drama series I watched to now.
Old 22nd May 2019, 12:04   #2440
BHPian

Quote:

What do we watch next?
Wait for the sequel !!
There were all the hints in the last episode that a sequel was on cards.
Old 22nd May 2019, 15:35   #2441
BHPian

I am binge watching on Kim's Convenience these days.
Funny stuff, would recommend it if your looking for some light hearted humour.
Old 23rd May 2019, 09:41   #2442
Senior - BHPian

Just started with The Office (US). Been interesting thus far
Old 24th May 2019, 11:34   #2443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
I can recommend Blacklist unless you are already witnessing the brilliance of character delivery from James Spader. It is in similar popularity bracket as Suits. I am also going to cling on to Sacred Games and Mirzapur and Delhi Crimes

I have recently received good recommendation for Love, Death and Robots and Bodyguard. May start watching soon.
Even i have started Blacklist since monday, done with first season. Good fast paced series. Love the main character, reminds me of Anthony Hopkins. Hope to end all seasons before month ends
Old 24th May 2019, 13:53   #2444
BHPian

Wrapped up with True Detective Season 3 and I am all praises for Mahershala Ali. What a terrific actor!
Old 24th May 2019, 14:03   #2445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Even i have started Blacklist since monday, done with first season. Good fast paced series. Love the main character, reminds me of Anthony Hopkins. Hope to end all seasons before month ends
Good choice. You will like it for sure. One additional reason I ended up as fan of Blacklist is it's excellent selection of retro and country songs used as background score matched perfectly to the plot and situation. I even went ahead and bought the audio cd with selected tracks. Carry on, all the best and am sure you will enjoy it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks