Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2022, 11:08   #4696
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Currently watching a series on Hotstar called 9-1-1. It is a very interesting series which is about a Fire and rescue crew - amazing characters and also very emotional. Very different from all the other kind of action series and this one is really impactful.
There are 6 seasons and I have watched first 4 seasons and am starting season 5 now.
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt7235466/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Full 5/5 from my side for this one!

Last edited by Behemoth : 24th October 2022 at 11:09.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 13:53   #4697
Senior - BHPian

Just finished The Playlist - A Docu-Drama about Spotify. Good all around perspective about the App and the Industry.
14000rpm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 14:20   #4698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
Just finished The Playlist - A Docu-Drama about Spotify. Good all around perspective about the App and the Industry.
+1. Started watching this yesterday. Into 2 episodes now. Informative docu-drama.
carthick1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 23:57   #4699
Distinguished - BHPian

"The Watcher"

OTT : Netflix

This is one of the best spooky, scary, mysterious thriller series that I enjoyed in a long time. It's based on a true story of a couple who move into a New Jersey home and start receiving threatening letters and scary happenings in and around the house is the crux of the story.

Some pretty solid acting by Naomi Watts (Ring Star- similar genre so she had the experience) and especially by Bobby Canavale who play husband and wife.

Really enjoyed watching this series and recommend to all who like this type of genre

4.5/5
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 12:21   #4700
Senior - BHPian

Finally done with the 'House of Dragons'.

Thank God, it truly lived up to the humongous expectations after the disappointment of the 'Rings of Power'. Though 'House of Dragons' is a prequel to the Game of Thrones', it has it's own unique style of story-telling which is quite a bit different. The makers have done a great job in building up the characters and the narrative and slowly upping the tempo as the series progresses. The Season finale is one of the very best ever seen, and leaves you wanting for more. Can't wait for the next season, bring it on

Rating - 9/10

Last edited by adimicra : 25th October 2022 at 12:49.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 10:28   #4701
Senior - BHPian

Finished watching the Queen's Gambit on netflix.

Was a pretty good watch although the initial episodes were a bit disturbing with pills. Although in hindsight (maybe a reflection of those times?) pills, alcohol and cigarettes were three major uncredited actors in the series!
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 10:41   #4702
Distinguished - BHPian

Marco Polo:
Its about Marco polo, if he was Batman/Pretty woman rolled into one.
I make jokes, but it is fantastic as a period piece. One of a very few series' that actually develop ALL the characters, rather than just the namesake.
I will rate it 5/5

Man in the high castle:
I read the book in ancient times , and that did put a mental block on getting around to watch this. It is such a slow burn, that it took me about 3-4 years to watch the first two episodes. Yes. But it does start drawing you in after that. Just skip the first two episodes, and watch from the third one onwards; catch up later on those.
A 4.5/5
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 11:35   #4703
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched a couple of Netflix series over the Diwali long weekend:

The Watcher: Based on a true story about a house in New Jersey whose owners are relentlessly stalked, but the writers have taken so many liberties with the truth that it ends up coming across as farcical almost. Naomi Watts is wasted in her role, I thought. The limited series starts off really well but loses its way somewhere in between. Still, the direction is taut and the performances strong enough for me to finish it! Would rate about 6/10.

The Playlist: Swedish-language limited series which tells the Spotify story through the eyes of various key players involved. It's engaging, although I didn't particularly like the way it ended (will not share more since that would involve spoilers). But it's a nice story well told and the direction and performances hold it together. Quite reminiscent of The Billion Dollar code to me(which told the story of Google Earth's alleged inventor Terravision in German). Rated 7.5/10

Last edited by noopster : 26th October 2022 at 11:36.
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 14:19   #4704
BANNED

Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities on Netflix.

Beautifully shot horror anthology. Some stories are better than others but a nice collection for the horror fans.

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-coc.jpg
Electromotive is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 23:57   #4705
BHPian

She Hulk ( Disney+ Hotstar)
Rating - 1/5

This was barely watchable , after first 2 episodes i left it and only started watching it again after all it's episodes had came . Not even one episode could strike a chord with me . Stanlee right now would be dying again in heaven after seeing what Marvel studios is upto nowdays .

The acting was bad , it was like a competition going on that who can act the most bad/cringiest in the whole series and the clear winner is Tatiana Maslany who plays the role of She Hulk . Nothing in the show made sense and the VFX was as good as Adipurush. Can't believe this studio made something like Wanda Vision and Loki .

Marvel has gone downhill and it is still sleeping and thinking that the viewers will watch any garbage under the marvel name .

If you guys are interested in the marvel movies then to make sense of them , just watch the last episode of the series. I also did that only . Watched the whole series in 1.5 hours because it was pathetic
Old 5th November 2022, 10:20   #4706
Senior - BHPian

28 Days Haunted (Netflix)

"Three teams spend 28 days in some of the most haunted locations in the United States for an experiment based on the theories of paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren."

With a summary like that we thought we will give this a try. Should have checked out the ratings on imdb first (3.4/10)

God! What a snoozeville it was. Managed to sleep watch 3 episodes before finally giving up.

Stay far far away from this one.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 12:07   #4707
Distinguished - BHPian

The peripheral, on prime

Chloe Grace Moretz. Nuff sed.

No, actually. It's pretty good, but very new, so episodes are still dropping every Friday. I'd suggest keeping it in one's watchlist, and catch up a few months down.

It's an eclectic mix of Ready Player One and Terminator time travel.

5/5 so far.
mayankk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 22:04   #4708
BHPian

Finished watching all 3 seasons of Flames on the Amazon Prime.
Loved it! It's very well directed series. You re-live those teenage moments - first love, crush, friendship, bunking classes etc. It makes you emotional!
Without preaching, it also subtly comments on problems in our educational system and parenthood.
All characters are well laid and thought out, casting is fantastic.

My rating 5/5
StepUP! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 08:08   #4709
Team-BHP Support

Season 5 of The Crown was released this week, and given how much I've enjoyed the past seasons, thought of binge watching it - a couple of episodes / night.

Overall, a fair disappointment.

1) The cast is no where as stellar as the previous two sets (season 1& 2, and 3 & 4); they're all big name actors but they haven't got their characterisation right
2) The storyline isn't as tight, nor are the dialogues

Will still pull through the season.

3/5
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 08:32   #4710
BHPian

Was craving for a good TV show. Caught up with Bad Sisters (2022) and was not at all disappointed.

The show keeps up the mystery element alive throughout the end.
My rating - 09/10.
Its also renewed for Season 2.
One of the main actress is the one from Behind Her Eyes - another show that's one of my favorite from last year .

Sherlocked is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks