Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2022, 14:28   #4546
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Ms. Marvel on Disney+ Hotstar

Well, I did not have a lot of expectations, and it seems that my hunch was spot on. Too many flaws and broken links. I guess they tried really hard to impress upon the ethnic part of the protagonist rather than the character itself. Apart from that, the story is not as tightly knit as one (at least me) would expect from Marvel standards. Though there are some bright points in the series, like the presentation in form of 'graphical novel' and background score (even some Bollywood numbers)

Overall 2.5/5 for me. Watch if you have nothing else to
Old 25th July 2022, 15:29   #4547
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched Suzhal - the Vortex on Amazon Prime. Its a crime thriller/murder mystery with some mythology thrown in. Simple plot with some twists & good acting by the cast. Ep 4 is a bit cliched but overall its a very good show.

The Boys S3. Its still a good watch & entertaining like the previous seasons.

London Files on Voot - An investigative thriller starring Arjun Rampal. Its an ok watch. Holds promise in the first few episodes but at the halfway stage it tends to lose the plot. Certainly not as good as the IMDB ratings suggest. All episodes are shortish, so gets over fast!

Btw, any must watch series on Voot? Have subscribed recently. Thanks.
Old 25th July 2022, 19:33   #4548
BHPian

Undercover <on Prime Video> - 4/5

It is a Korean suspense drama series whose two main characters are a wife who is an activist lawyer and a husband who supports her but has a hidden-away past. How all of it comes together in a drama that goes through multiple twists and turns.

This is the first Korean series I picked up and what an absolute delight!

Name:  undercover_poster.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  45.8 KB
catchjyoti is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 20:24   #4549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Manifest on Netflix is pretty interesting. Finished one season. A little slow, but just when you start to feel it is becoming repetitive, there is a new twist that wakes you up. Need to see if season 2 and 3 can maintain the momentum.
I am currently watching Manifest too. In to the 3rd season now and looking forward to complete it over the weekend. I agree it is repetitive, however the twists are good. If you don't care much about scientific accuracies, this one will surely keep you hooked. Heard there is a 4th season in making too.

My personal rating : 3/5

Suzal was one of the best which came out of India.
Old 26th July 2022, 11:57   #4550
BHPian

Resident Evil ( Web series ) - Netflix
Rating - 4.5/5

This was on of the best series i watched this year . The story is fast and something which makes you more interested in watching the series and not like the stories which are like really predictable , making the series lengthy without any logic and boring ( Like many other zombie series ) , there is suspense throughout the series and you keep wondering what will happen next . The acting of the actors , effects , CGI etc are spot on . The tracks that play during suspenseful scenes literally make the scene feel alive ( Listen to My heart has teeth , this plays in episode 4 )

The best episode was Episode 4 . The last episode left me wanting for more and that episode was a little slow . Anyone who likes web series with a lot of action , suspense , logical storyline and blood bath this is for them .

Also , please don't relate this with the orignal Resident evil games or series of movies . This is in itself a standalone series and is meant to be watched like that , this is one series which did not disapoint me . Everything looks like a masterpiece after watching the series by marvel .

My heart has teeth - https://https://open.spotify.com/tra...urce=copy-link
Hawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 14:33   #4551
Senior - BHPian

Was apprehensive how Bosch Legacy will play out. Needless to say, fantastic season. In fact I like the Private Investigator Bosch more than detective Bosch. And the way it ended we are getting another season for sure.*Although i hate season ending on a cliffhanger.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 23:43   #4552
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched a couple of new series/movie on Netflix

Foot Fairy

Story of a serial killer who has a foot fetish. This movie is set in Bombay and has a leisurely pace and a lovely mumbaiya accent. I am a huge fan of mystery, suspense, horror, thriller type of genre and not just me but, family enjoyed it as well.

Initially we were apprehensive of seeing it as IMDB had a 3.9 rating but, we still went ahead.

3.5/5

Indian Predator (Butcher of Delhi)

This is a 3-episode series of a real story of a serial killer in Delhi during the late 2000's. It was interesting to see such people exist. <<Shudder>>

It's not for the faint hearted and is only for folks who like this type of genre.

It was an OK one-time watch.

3/5
Old 28th July 2022, 08:25   #4553
BHPian

Started watching 'The Old Man' on Hotstar. A former CIA officer who's living off the grid finds himself on the run from people who want to kill him. Excellent performances by Jeff bridges and John Lithgow

https://www.hotstar.com/in/the-old-m...ler/1260105187
Old 28th July 2022, 09:32   #4554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Was apprehensive how Bosch Legacy will play out. Needless to say, fantastic season. In fact I like the Private Investigator Bosch more than detective Bosch. And the way it ended we are getting another season for sure.*Although i hate season ending on a cliffhanger.
Felt Titus Welliver's acting is several notches up in Legacy.

What I did not like was multiple unrelated plots. Never liked Madison Lintz's acting but looks like the next season will be focused more on her.
Old 28th July 2022, 10:18   #4555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
James May: Our Man In Italy (Amazon Prime)

Two episodes (6 Total) down and it's been fun. Few moments were cringe inducing but overall nice to see.
Finished watching the series yesterday. Overall it was an easy fun ride and did show some lovely shots of a lovely country. Just felt that each place only got a few minutes to shine.

Wonder where our man is travelling to next
Old 28th July 2022, 10:40   #4556
BHPian

Sharp Objects <on Hotstar> - 4/5

A journalist returns to her small-town middle-America home when her editor asks her to write a story on a couple of murders that has happened there in the recent past. This is a place from which she had moved out to escape her troubles. Now that she is back, she once again gets embroiled in all the issues, while investigating the crime. When she is finally able to figure out the murders, the truth is too close for comfort.

By the way, the story is by Gillian Flynn of Gone Girl fame.

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-sharpobjects.jpg
catchjyoti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 11:35   #4557
Senior - BHPian

Suzhal The Vortex on Amazon prime. Pretty engaging series. Felt a bit underwhelming at the end but the buildup was very engaging. Wish we had more such shows around.

Rating: 4/5

Moon Knight on Hotstar. What a snooze-fest. Being an ardent Marvel follower had to finish this in order to not miss the detail which might be needed for other movies/series’. But it felt very slow leading to me dozing off now and then.

Rating: 2/5

Btw looks like Marvel’s going global with these latest instalments. Ms.Marvel showing Asia(Pakistan), Moon Knight concentrated around Africa (Egypt)
Old 5th August 2022, 19:22   #4558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
A journalist returns to her small-town middle-America home when her editor asks her to write a story on a couple of murders that has happened there in the recent past. This is a place from which she had moved out to escape her troubles. Now that she is back, she once again gets embroiled in all the issues, while investigating the crime. When she is finally able to figure out the murders, the truth is too close for comfort.
Attachment 2339293
Sharp Objects (Hotstar): 3.5/5

Apt summary by @catchjyoti. Good watch but I found it a bit slow and this isn't something you binge watch. I watched one episode per day until the 6th episode and watched episodes 7-8 in succession to wrap it up. Story picks up pace and gets somewhat interesting only towards the end of the 3rd episode.
siddhant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 12:01   #4559
Senior - BHPian

I was surprised by The Sandman.

Never read the comics but I had an idea about the concept.

Just 4 episodes in and it's absolutely delightful. CGI is done so well and casting is spot on. In some scenes visuals are simply breathtaking. Especially the Lucifer casting was a pleasant surprise. Will finish rest of the episodes tomorrow.

Finally I got back to watching The Office. Saw couple of episodes a while back and then couldn't get back to it. Finished 2 seasons. Loved them.
Steve Carell as Michael Scott is a riot.

FYI, both are on Netflix.
Old 6th August 2022, 17:31   #4560
BHPian

Misaeng
Korea
Netflix

10/10

Corporate life, new and missed opportunities, mentors, seasoned actors, soundtrack, a must watch.

Detailed review
https://www.hellokpop.com/review/net...drama-misaeng/
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-ef7395e610d1450339ad0124152b8c74.jpg  

Ashutosh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks