Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2022, 02:08   #4561
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Rangbaaz Season 3 ZEE5

One of the best crime thrillers of recent times, I am surprised that there is no mention of the same here in the forum. What sets the series apart is the brilliant star cast and the taut screenplay. Vineet Singh is just as his wont- superlative but it’s the supporting star cast that elevates the series. Prashant Narayanan steals the show with his eyes and Vijay Mourya and Sudhir Tailang are just as good. Loosely based on Bihar strongman Mohd Shahabuddin, it’s the ending which deserves kudos. The makers never glorify the crime lord and which results in a compelling series to watch. Should not be missed.

Rating: 4.5/5

Dr Aurora- Gupt Rog Bisesaggya Sony Liv

Kumud Mishra at his usual best in a show which is helmed by Imtiaz Ali. Strong supporting cast and exciting storyline about a topic which is often brushed under the carpet, the series brings forth the issues which should be discussed positively. At the core of the series is a Love story but which is cleverly woven into the narrative to bring forth some uncomfortable truths of the society. Waiting for the second season, Kumud Mishra is simply brilliant and so is Tomar !!

Rating- 4/5

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 7th August 2022 at 02:11.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 09:57   #4562
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Rangbaaz Season 3 ZEE5

One of the best crime thrillers of recent times
Thanks a ton! Since a week, I've been looking out for the next show to get hooked on to. Will start.

For Pankaj Tripathi fans, Criminal Justice Season 3 coming out next month .
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 16:14   #4563

Decided to indulge in some Penny-nostalgia and started on 'Flight Attendant' on Prime. My enthusiasm quickly started waning as the genre did not seem to suit the now middle-aged Kaley Cuoco, and the character's non-stop vodka guzzling and over-acting put me off. Gritted my teeth and finished the first season without serious mental injury. But season 2 turned out to be cringe worthy, and I bailed out in the second episode itself.
udaji is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 12:17   #4564
BHPian

The Old Man - Hotstar

Am a fan of Jeff Bridges and when I saw his name in the list, I decided to watch it.

Overall its a mixed bag for me. Usually I stay away from spy thrillers where everybody do stupid things and try to pass them off as ingenious stuff. Nothing much different here - there is so much happening without any rhyme or reason. The story line was taut in the first few episodes and then it goes downhill and I watched the final couple of episodes just to wrap it up and then boom - the story becomes interesting again. The final twist in the plot was totally expected but it makes the series interesting and makes us wait for the next season.

Jeff Bridges is at home even in his old age - he gets to play an "old" Bond. But there are a couple of characters who outshine Bridges - and not in a pleasant way for me, cos I wanted to watch an all out Bridges show.
Old 8th August 2022, 16:22   #4565

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7472896/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk
Mr Inbetween (Hotstar)

Not sure if this show has been spoken about. But IMHO, one of the best shows laced with Aussie humour, family values and great star cast.

Sharing a clip here

Bulls14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 16:56   #4566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Yes. It picks up slow and steady. Low on action, high on emotional quotient and dark humour. If you love mind games thriller, this is it.
I think Better Call Saul and the entire franchise is now grinding to a very quick halt what with the fate of each character being closed one at time and rapidly at that. I liked the flow of the story so far and I knew all of it had to end but now that it is around the corner, I'm not sure I like the rapid closure.
14000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 15:30   #4567
BHPian

Crash Course - Amazon Prime (Hindi)

A series on the rivalry of the coaching centers in Kota, life of students studying there and the pressures they are facing, from parents, from coaching center, from everybody around them. Good acting and story line.

A good watch.

4/5

Last edited by Aditya : 11th August 2022 at 22:28. Reason: Spoiler line deleted
NH08 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 16:01   #4568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post
Crash Course
I am sorry, but you are not supposed to put out any spoilers or plot lines - you have basically ruined it for me, while I am halfway through.

Last edited by Aditya : 11th August 2022 at 22:31. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 11th August 2022, 16:44   #4569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
I am sorry, but you are not supposed to put out any spoilers or plot lines.
Sorry bro for this. Again my regrets.

Last edited by Aditya : 11th August 2022 at 22:33. Reason: Spoiler bit deleted
Old 11th August 2022, 16:57   #4570
Senior - BHPian

Crash Course on Amazon Prime

After Kota Factory and Aspirants expected this to be on similar lines. But guess that expectation kinda ruined it for me. TVF shows are usually at a whole different level.

Never the less in isolation its a decent watch. Annu Kapoor as always is brilliant but rest of the cast are just okay-ish. Infact it feels a bit too predictable/stereotypical at times. Same old theme of a group of friends where one is super brilliant w/o much effort(like phunsuk wangdu from 3 idiots), 1 confused soul, 1 comedian , a brilliant teacher not running after money, a cunning entrepreneur etc etc, you get the drift.

Rating : 3/5

Last edited by SoumenD : 11th August 2022 at 17:12.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 18:47   #4571
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am sorry, but you are not supposed to put out any spoilers or plot lines - you have basically ruined it for me, while I am halfway through.
The series is still wonderful, I got interested in the series because of the cast and the crew. The series has been directed by Vijay Maurya- an actor whom I admire and also because of the presence of certain Siddharth Kak. All the actors have done exceedingly well and it’s a must watch. My Rating would be 5/5, it more biting then Kota Factory and is excruciatingly true, well almost. Looking forward to the next season.
Old 11th August 2022, 19:52   #4572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaji View Post
Decided to indulge in some Penny-nostalgia and started on 'Flight Attendant' on Prime. My enthusiasm quickly started waning as the genre did not seem to suit the now middle-aged Kaley Cuoco, and the character's non-stop vodka guzzling and over-acting put me off. Gritted my teeth and finished the first season without serious mental injury. But season 2 turned out to be cringe worthy, and I bailed out in the second episode itself.
Ditto with me as well. Started watching it expecting some Penny magic but could not move past the 3rd episode of season 1.
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 20:11   #4573
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am sorry, but you are not supposed to put out any spoilers or plot lines - you have basically ruined it for me
Fun fact, I will usually go through the story of the movie on wiki or similar and then choose what to watch. Maybe due to age or perhaps, I don't enjoy surprises
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 18:25   #4574
Team-BHP Support

Season 3 of Trying is streaming on Apple TV+.

A lovely show about a couple in UK trying to have / adopt kids. A nice show you can watch with family of all ages.

5/5
Old 14th August 2022, 19:45   #4575
BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuldagap View Post
Also completed The Old Man season 1. What a fantastic piece of watch. Rated 9 on 10 if not 10 on 10.
Old Man was completely gripping, looking forward to season 2 - will give it 9.5/10
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks