Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Citibank's exit from India

Acquistion completes:

Citibank's exit from India-1.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 11:35   #62
Senior - BHPian

Received the following SMS from AXIS Bank today.

Citibank's exit from India-screenshot_20230301_112316.jpg

Link to the FAQ: https://www.axisbank.com/dilseopenwelcome/

Cheers!
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 12:08   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Received the following SMS from AXIS Bank today.

Attachment 2424028
Received the same SMS. Feels little sad.
In my 20+ years of relationship, Citi never gave me chance to complain.
fordday is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 12:33   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Received the same SMS. Feels little sad.
In my 20+ years of relationship, Citi never gave me chance to complain.
In my 26 years with them starting from my first salary account and credit card, the ONLY think I felt lacking was their threadbare branch network. Albeit, that was radically changed by COVID-19 when everything got digitalized .
Old 1st March 2023, 15:15   #65
Senior - BHPian

I too have received such messages, being a Citibank "Suvidha" salary account holder for a decade.

However, I am not sure how the current investments, standing instructions, credit cards etc will play out. Communication says that all my holdings are still with Citi "Temporarily". I hope they will be migrated to Axis platform soon, and very soon I'll be able to Axis Bank online to access my Citi Account and do all transactions with everything seamlessly migrated.
Old 1st March 2023, 16:48   #66
Senior - BHPian

Another SMS from Citibank too.

Citibank's exit from India-screenshot_20230301_164443_com.android.mms.jpg
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 16:49   #67
RRM
BHPian

Absolute fuss free credit card I have ever seen thus far. Have been loyal to Citi for past 20+ yrs. I am continuing it, will watch for some time for the service quality by Axis and will take a call but I doubt Axis will ever be able to match the service quality of Citi but will be happy to be proven wrong!

Thanks, Citi, for the services. Sad to see you go.
RRM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 16:52   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Axis bank - Citi update:
Citibank's exit from India-1.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 05:18   #69
Team-BHP Support

I received the email about the formal transfer to Axis from the 1st of March. Really sad to not be a Citibank customer anymore. As with others, I will wait and watch to see how Axis Bank works, depending on which I'll take the call on pulling the plug or continuing.
Old 2nd March 2023, 11:26   #70
Senior - BHPian

Probably off topic.

I have had a Citibank A/C since 2007 and I still use it actively for all my payments via GPay.
This morning when I tried using it, it gave me a message saying invalid UPI ID and to re-register. It was myname at okhdfcbank and when I checked the list of other banks, I noticed at okaxis under the Manage UPI ID's and linked it to that and deleted the old one and that worked.

Thought I'd post it in case anyone else faces the same issue.
tharian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 20:51   #71
BHPian

Holding Citibank Suvidha account since 1999. Their internet banking were ahead of its time. Never faced a glitch in banking or ATMs till last year. The issue I faced that the debit card stopped working, and gives error message "Transaction not allowed" Customer care could not figure out the exact issue and suggested me to raise a request to apply a replacement card. The new card came in no time, and it worked all fine till today afternoon, when it started giving same error message in Citibank ATM. Tried my colleague's card and it worked fine, ruling out any migration issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
This morning when I tried using it, it gave me a message saying invalid UPI ID and to re-register. It was myname at okhdfcbank and when I checked the list of other banks, I noticed at okaxis under the Manage UPI ID's and linked it to that and deleted the old one and that worked.

Thought I'd post it in case anyone else faces the same issue.
Tell me about it. I faced the same issue today afternoon (while paying back my colleague who lend me cash) and the same error popped up, in Google Pay. I deleted the account, added it back, this time it added all the UPIDs - okaxis, okhdfcbank, okicici and oksbi. Still it didn't work. Just now I tried removing one UPID at a time and after removing the oksbi, it started working.

Last edited by bejoy : 2nd March 2023 at 20:57.
bejoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 22:46   #72
BHPian

Am glad its good riddance to Citibank, have been a customer since 1999 and have experienced only a downgrade in customer service since 2017. Have faced numerous issues with my account being blocked for carrying out overseas transactions, have received ridiculous notices asking me to explain transfers and transactions on my account which is no business of the bank (They flagged my account for suspicious activity for just shopping online) After warning them of legal action, they backed down and kept quiet.

Customer service at MG Road branch has been full of attitude with the staff behaving as if they are doing me a favour. The app seems stuck in some time capsule with hardly any features or improvements over the years. Guess they saw the end coming.
Old 3rd March 2023, 14:33   #73
BHPian

Citi IOC card was my first credit card which I received in 2006, coinciding with my first job. The card is still in use and even though it may not have some of the best offers around, I found engaging with Citi to be hassle free. No pesky upsells/cross sells calls, and in fact, if I remember correctly, during all these years, they must have called me only once when I missed my payment due date. Their reward points/redeem program, may not have been the best but was still okay. For me, I will remember Citi as the quiet machine working behind the scenes without bothering you.

Now comparing that with other cards, (ICICI/now Axis), I have received like 100s of these calls for preapproved loans and all that jazz. Now, I am preparing for more of these calls as I don't have any relationship with Axis
minzanurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 18:14   #74
BHPian

Have been a loyal customer of Citi since 1996 when I was one of the first ones to open the suvidha account back then which was a big thing. Also got their credit cards which was not issued easily those days. I was in sales and was issued pretty quickly.

Their banking was certainly way ahead of its time and their App is still the best from a UX standpoint, such effortless banking. Its really disheartening to see them exit. Wonder if Axis will live up to the expectations as set by Citi.

Last edited by sumathindra : 3rd April 2023 at 18:15. Reason: edits
Old 3rd April 2023, 19:58   #75
BHPian

I am in a sort of quandary, have been a Citibank customer since 1999 and have no major gripe with their service. I used to visit the South End branch and it worked out well for me as these visits very infrequent. Since, then I have relocated overseas and last time I was in Bangalore, I asked them about customers who still have the SB accounts in Citibank but not staying in India and all I got was a totally vague answer about Axis... getting email support is not an easy task. Hoping that the online banking portal remains active.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks