Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2022, 11:24   #436
BHPian

Re: Packers & Movers: Post all queries here

Bad experience with Allianz logistics around insurance for intercity movement of goods.

While booking for the services, they asked me whether I wanted insurance. I said yes and was charged for it (@3% declared value). They conveniently took the insurance premium from me but did not book with the concerned company. So in practice they embezzled the insurance premium. Now since there are damages to few items in transit, it has become a really bad experience dealing with them. Avoid at all costs!

Last edited by warrioraks : 27th November 2022 at 11:26.
Old 24th January 2023, 04:29   #437
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, I'm planning to shift from Bangalore to Mysore shortly. To address the problem of finding a good reliable mover and packer I checked the net and this forum. Came across this aggregator Assureshift.in where after entering my requirement shared my number with three operators, and theirs with me.

"Gangotri Relocations
+91-9845271943, 9741497390
https://www.assureshift.in/company/gangotri-relocations

Pooja Packers and Logistics
+91-9535897678, +91-9535898456
https://www.assureshift.in/company/p...-and-logistics

Santosh Cargo Packers and Movers
+91-8310558637, +91-8147856288
https://www.assureshift.in/company/s...ers-and-movers

We have verified their company documents and owner details so you could rest assured."

And these guys blasted my whattapp with pictures and videos of their work. All seemed similar.

Then I came across "Porter" who has a good website where you fill in your items and they give a quote... One was 17 k for ordinary and another for 20 k for premium. They followed it with a call. Premium gets double packing. Packing, unpacking, dismantling and assembly of furniture was included.

Any of you have used any of the above firms? Would appreciate feedback. Suggestions welcome.
Old 24th January 2023, 22:42   #438
Team-BHP Support

I recommend Gaj Relocation Services

Contact Jinu John 9845809719
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 19:01   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I recommend Gaj Relocation Services

Contact Jinu John 9845809719
Even I am looking for relocation from Blr to Trivandrum. Do they provide a good service for inter-state as well? I am looking to move by last week of Feb.
Old 3rd February 2023, 19:20   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Any of you have used any of the above firms? Would appreciate feedback. Suggestions welcome.
We have used porter in the family for local relocation, and they were good. You can check them out - compare prices with others before you proceed.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 06:06   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Even I am looking for relocation from Blr to Trivandrum. Do they provide a good service for inter-state as well? I am looking to move by last week of Feb.
Got quotes from some agencies for my 2 bhk move to Mysore.
Gaj 80k
Porter 17-20
Other small time agencies 20k
Leo 45 k

Going with Leo with its professional approach, comprehensive video examples, brand and price. will update this thread post move
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 05:44   #442
Senior - BHPian

Feedback on my move :

Leo gave me the number of a lady who would be my point person. She coordinated everything.
6 guys came in the morning with packing material. Very professional approach and dismantled furniture and packed all my stuff. One supervisor wrote down entire inventory. Loaded all including scooter into 18 foot truck by 6 pm.

Truck with 3 men arrived at destination in Mysore at 9 am and I reached about he same time.

Unloding, assembly of furniture and carrying away of all packing materials was complete by 4 pm. They placed our stuff in designated places and left in same truck.

Total damage one vase broken and one ceramic dish cracked.

Would I recommend? Yes but at a cost.
goandude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 15:45   #443
BHPian

I need to transport my brand-new car from Delhi to Bangalore, but I don't want to drive it myself. I'm willing to pay extra for a dedicated flatbed trailer, and I'm looking for a reputable car transportation company that provides this service. Can someone please suggest one?

I have purchased car from Delhi because of BH series number and I have delhi address aadhar card.
dijkstraind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 21:21   #444
BHPian

Hello everyone. I need to transport my household items from Karimnagar to Gurgaon. Most of the items are packed already, so we might not need the services of packers and movers. But the rough estimates i got were around 70-110k.

Does anyone have an idea of how much a truck will cost to hire? It will come to around 1500km. We can just hire people to load and unload at the origin and destination. I think a 10 ton truck like Eicher should be okay?
Old 9th May 2023, 08:43   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Came across this aggregator Assureshift.in where after entering my requirement shared my number with three operators, and theirs with me.

Then I came across "Porter" who has a good website where you fill in your items and they give a quote... One was 17 k for ordinary and another for 20 k for premium. They followed it with a call. Premium gets double packing. Packing, unpacking, dismantling and assembly of furniture was included.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
We have used porter in the family for local relocation, and they were good. You can check them out - compare prices with others before you proceed.
Quote:
Going with Leo with its professional approach, comprehensive video examples, brand and price. will update this thread post move
Quote:
Would I recommend? Yes but at a cost.
I need to engage a Packers and movers for my family's move from Bangalore to Pune while I continue to stay in Bangalore, the shift will be equal to a 1 BHK shift. I had already burnt my fingers with Agrawal packers during my Thane to BLR move and was very wary of the P&M vendors. Based on the forum, I tried assureshift.in and was forwarded 3 vendors for the relocation.
1. Classic Care packers
2. Raj International Packers and Movers
3. Network Cargo Movers & Packers
The discussions and quotes were quick and as usual WA was bombarded with success stories and pics of the perfect packings and transportation. However was surprised nobody spoke of Insurance and neither part load/full load options etc. If anyone has already utilized the services of either of the above, kindly share your feedback.

I also connected with Leo who strangely had an online quote option but gave the quote offline after few follow ups. Theirs was the costliest quote and no calls neither any advertising messages or pics.

The best of all quotes and service till now has been from Porter whose quote was competitive and the call was very warming.

I am yet to try NoBroker services - if anybody has any views on them kindly share.
Old 17th May 2023, 16:29   #446
BHPian

Hi all,

I am planning to move my 2011 Honda Civic from Gurgaon to Bangalore with some household stuff in the trunk. I want to urgently move my car within 2-3 days.

As usual I talked to APML and they are charging a bomb (29750 INR) so I also talked to local packers and movers and got a quote around 18000 also. However I am very doubtful about their services and also unsure in case of damage or accident , will they take any responsibility or not. If anyone has good experience with any local packers and movers based out of Gurgaon , please do share the same.
pta320 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 11:32   #447
BHPian

I am located in Bengaluru. I will be moving house to a fully furnished accommodation. Now the problem is that I have some stuff that have gone beyond repair/ too old to repair. Sofa, Bed and mattresses (older than 5-7 years, and almost in tatters). I can take in only some minimal stuff that can be stowed away in the new flat.

I want these oldies to be scrapped. Not expecting any remuneration for these. Is there any contacts that can take it up? If I don't find any such scrap buyer, what is the next best option? I can pay movers and packers to move them into some scrapyard who will take these in?

I have to vacate my current residence by June end. I don't want to be the guy who is moving all his junk to the roadside doing a "/dev/null" on public spaces. So any pointers will help.

The BBMP guys don't pickup mattresses etc from our area, FYI.
Old 18th May 2023, 11:42   #448
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterChief007 View Post
Now the problem is that I have some stuff that have gone beyond repair/ too old to repair. ... I want these oldies to be scrapped. Not expecting any remuneration for these.
If you are in an apartment, then you can tell the security guys and also spread the word amongst the domestic help people that these things are being given away. If you are in an independent house, then tell the same type of people in a nearby apartment complex.
Old 18th May 2023, 11:47   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If you are in an apartment, then you can tell the security guys and also spread the word amongst the domestic help people that these things are being given away. If you are in an independent house, then tell the same type of people in a nearby apartment complex.
That's what I did first, but they are willing to take only the fridge, washing machine but not these beds/sofa etc (sofa is behaving like a bad case of dandruff shedding its faux leather skin, and the mattresses and bed don't look too appealing either).
Old 19th May 2023, 16:00   #450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterChief007 View Post
the mattresses and bed don't look too appealing either).
Browsing the newspaper today, saw an ad by Sleepwell for exchanging mattresses. You could offer your old one to anyone who is planning to get a new one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks