Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2016, 10:16   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Packers & Movers: Post all queries here

Can anyone give a quick recommendation for a vendor who will pack, unpack, and help pu the bigger pieces in their spots at the new place?
I am shifting a 3bhk from Delhi to noida ,a distance of only 10kms. Also, how much would such a service charge?
How much of the packing is one expected to do on their own in such a case.
Old 14th October 2016, 15:20   #287
BHPian

I used Transdaksh basis the recommendation on the forum, but my experience was not good. They were cheaper than others, and I did not send my car with them, just the household items. A couple of my vases broke, and when they did the delivery, they were adamant that they will unload and unpack in one day only. While packing they had taken a couple of days with the result that half the packages were still packed and I had to get another set of folks to unpack. They pack fast, but the materials they use is inferior that led to the vases breaking. There were some other dings on the furniture, but some of these usually happen while shifting so I was prepared for this.

However, basis their customer responsiveness and their behaviour after being paid in full in cash before moving the goods, I would find it difficult to recommend them.
Old 8th December 2016, 13:14   #288
BHPian

Bangalore to Thrissur

Over the years, my Aunt in Kerala has expressed her desire to have my sectional couch. I just placed an order for new sofa, so I want to relocate my 3-piece sectional couch from Bangalore to Thrissur.

Having never done anything like this before, I wanted to get your views on the most cost effective way to do this.

It being a couch rather than a car or bike, I am not worried too much about damage as I would also be sending the upholstery material to get it reupholstered. The main concern for me is the cost, I would appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction.
Old 7th January 2017, 20:53   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
+1 to this recommendation. I have used http://www.agarwalpackers.com this for shifting from Bangalore to Chennai and it was very nicely done. Only issue was that the helpers were haggling for tips, but their work as such is fantastic.
I have to shift to few items from Hyderabad to Chennai. It includes two set of speakers, one amplifier, once cycle and another two boxes of house hold items and kitchen items. Will these packers do these kind of small quantity or do only full house moving which includes furniture, refrigerator etc? What may be approximate price range i can expect for the items i have>
Old 12th January 2017, 20:30   #290
BHPian

Just used (received the shipment yesterday) agarwal packers and movers (agarwalpackers.com - the fauji one) to ship my motorcycle and assorted gear (including helmet) back to Bangalore from Chandigarh. Good experience overall - they came on schedule to pick up the bike and the gear (the latter fitted into a big carton) at CHD (I was not present there but had someone else to sign the papers and supervise the packing. They promised delivery in 10-12 days and I received it one day shy of a fortnight. Despite my premonitions about using P&M services the bike was well packed and only the right hand side indicator had popped out (which is soft and dinky on the R15), no other scratches, dents dinks etc. The gear inside the carton was also well wrapped in plastic even thought it was only the helmet which could have sustained any damage.

More expensive than using the train (which I was not able to use) and some other P&M out there but am happy that it turned out well.
Old 19th February 2017, 16:21   #291
BHPian

Hi All,

I will be shifting within Pune, please suggest a good movers and packers.
Awaiting quotation from http://www.agarwalpackers.com but looking for cheaper options.
Old 19th February 2017, 17:06   #292
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Hi All,

I will be shifting within Pune, please suggest a good movers and packers.
Awaiting quotation from http://www.agarwalpackers.com but looking for cheaper options.
Associated Movers and Packers are decent for Inside Pune moves - not so good for inter-city. They have an office on Aundh Road, I think.
Old 24th February 2017, 16:29   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Helped a friend with his moving and packing inside Bombay itself. He contact the 2 Agarwals. One of them said that they don't do a survey for moving inside the same city itself. He said if you give a list of the big stuff, then he will give you quote for the big stuff plus 40 other boxes. However, on the actual move day, if the number of boxes go more than 40, you will have to pay extra accordingly. The other Agarwal did a survey and gave a quote, but it was rather expensive. Leo Packers (http://www.leopackersandmovers.com/ - there are several Leos just like there are several Agarwals) gave a better quote and my friend chose them. The move was very professional (it's one of the best moves I have seen), very quick, they were very adjusting and accommodating and the whole move was problem free.
I had tried Leo packers and Movers during 2007 while relocating from Hyderabad to Mumbai. Their services were prompt and yes they were accomodating. Unlike Agarwal, Leo at that time did not had their own fleet of cargo carriers and they depended on third party trucks for transportation. In effect my cargo was shifted thrice on its way from Hyderabad to Mumbai, Once while loading, second while entering Maharashtra, third time while entering into Mumbai. Possibly this was done to evade some taxes at entry points of different states or may be due to some vehicle permit issues, I presume. But yes, I remained skeptical on the manner in which my cargo might be handled while shifting between trucks in transit.
Old 28th February 2017, 18:38   #294
SBR
BHPian

Hi,

I am shifting within Bangalore city with family. The distance from my Current Apartment to the New Apartment is less than 1 km.

What are the my options and what would be the cost involved.

Please advise.
Old 7th March 2017, 08:30   #295
BHPian

Best and reliable packers apart from Agarwal from Hyderabad to Chennai?
Old 21st April 2017, 12:32   #296
BHPian

Hello Folks

I recently moved my household stuff with my car to Pune thru agarwalpackers.in (DRS group)

This company apparently is a separate entity from agarwalpackers.com (the fauji one)

It was my bad and a case of mistaken identity that i made a mistake of choosing the DRS group rather than the latter one. We had moved our stuff to earlier thru .com, and were pretty OK with the overall experience.

Had a very unpleasant experience with the entire movement:

Things which went good -

- Regular follow up if I so wish to avail the Agarwal Services (pre-sales)

- The truck driver who was very prompt and delivered goods on time

Things which weren't good at all

- "Worst" Customer Service ever experienced

- To follow up on one thing, we were virtually routed to 10 different numbers, with no answers or solutions

- 10 follow ups a day post the truck departed, barring the truck driver

- The staff in BLR was hell bent on accepting only "x" amount of tips. For them everything else was simply unacceptable. That's what they literally quoted

- I had asked for a covered container, and had paid extra. They sent an uncovered one, and made the lamest of excuses that today abruptly the transporters called for a strike. They never budged on the amount as well. "Either accept or Forget"

- No labour available for the day when the truck arrived. Labours came the next day. So my Leave got wasted

- The car when received was 'extremely' dirty; externally and internally, as if not washed for 6 months. I had got it a 3M treatment a week before leaving BLR

- The front glass had a small chip, which I realized later

- Their employees were extremely unhappy with the way their company treated them. One of the labours shared with us the apathy they go thru. (Unhappy employees make an Unhappy Company)

I can advise anyone who is looking for a mover&packer to be extremely cautious if they do intend to go with the above packers. For us the .com experience was much better as against the .in experience

Thanks
Rish
Old 26th April 2017, 20:17   #297
BHPian

I see the need to shift from Bangalore to Mangalore/Puttur , any advice on who can do the job well ?

Last edited by Thilak29 : 26th April 2017 at 20:18.
Old 1st May 2017, 18:13   #298
BHPian

Hi ! I need to shift from Bangalore to Hosur. Any suggestions on reliable packers and movers ?
Old 2nd May 2017, 18:40   #299
BHPian

Hi Thilak29/Sairam

I would not advise of agarwalpackers.in which I utilized during my Bangalore to Pune transition.

You can try Pikkol. They can be a tad expensive but respond very professionally.

Also you might want to connect within 'Urban Clap' and they will recommend you with multiple movers and packers. There was one 'Shivam movers and Packers' which sounded promising and showed flexibility but we did not pursue their services.

Thanks
Rish
Old 7th June 2017, 13:08   #300
Senior - BHPian

Guys : For all those who are planning to move stuff please note that
W.e.f 1st July 2017 the applicable taxes would be 18.2 %.

As of now, it is 15.0 %

Most Viewed