Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2016, 11:07   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
May i kindly ask you how much was the cost?
I have to send my car from Bangalore to Bhubaneswar, but i am confused whether to use packers & movers, or drive by road.
@ abhishek46: I paid 19K overall, which involved pickup from old home and drop at new home. I was planning to drive down to Bangalore from Ghaziabad, but due to pre planned parents visit used services from Agarwal packers & movers.
Old 22nd March 2016, 14:20   #272
BHPian

Re: Packers & Movers: Post all queries here

I am looking at relocating to Chennai from Bangalore at around May 1st/2nd week. Any advice and good Packers and Movers.
Any feedback on Leo Packers and Movers and how much days in advance do we need to book the facilities.
Help appreciated.
Old 7th April 2016, 07:32   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
I need to relocated withing Bangalore next month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I have the same requirement as yours!!
I too have the same requirement. By this time I hope you guys must have shifted. Could you pls share the contact info and how was the service?
Old 7th April 2016, 09:26   #274
Senior - BHPian

I used transdaksh Packers(thanks to barcalad for the suggestion) during my move from Bangalore to Gurgaon, last month. I was paranoid about my ninja 250 as most reviews of bike packaging were horrible. After detailed discussions they said they will send my cars and all the luggage in a 20 footer truck, cars on top floor with luggage and some luggage on the floor below to balance the weight. The bike was bubble wrapped using almost a full roll and was kept very safe with hardly any space to move. Everything was packed wonderfully and got to my door step with only 1 breakage, a tall lamp which couldn't be folded or dismantled and I was quite sure it won't survive the journey.
Other than that all my stuff reached without a scratch, note able to mention that it is a 10 years old settled house so loads of stuff.
Very happy with the service, delivered door to door in 6 days, highly recommended. Oh and cheaper than Agarwal or Leo etc.

Last edited by sammyboy : 7th April 2016 at 09:27.
Old 7th April 2016, 15:28   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
I too have the same requirement. By this time I hope you guys must have shifted. Could you pls share the contact info and how was the service?
I used the below.. they were decent.

http://pacnmuv.com/product/packers-a...angalore-2bhk/
Old 7th April 2016, 16:57   #276
Senior - BHPian

I recently moved from Chennai to Pune and moved my household items via Agarwal Packers & Movers. Their packing was brilliant and everything was delivered perfectly. Only my cycle's plastic mudguard had broken (they did not wrap up the cycle). Agarwal isn't the cheapest out there, but their service is good and they kept my stuff for 1 week after it reached Pune at no extra cost.
Old 3rd May 2016, 11:23   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I used the below.. they were decent.

http://pacnmuv.com/product/packers-a...angalore-2bhk/
I used this service to shift in Bangalore. It was from moving from 2nd floor of my previous apartment to 1st floor in my new apartment. Service was average. They came in an open tata 407 which was pretty old. Packing was good but shifting was not up to the mark. Made enough scratches and damages to my furniture. Single person lifted washing machine and fridge on his head. Not started using machine so far and need to check for any damages due to lifting on side without locking it. Cost was 6K. All shifting ended by 11PM at night. Requested them to collect carton boxes next day morning and had to pay security deposit of 500/-.
They came to collect them back after 2 days and lot of follow up from my side. Good point is they guys were OK in behavior unlike a local service i used earlier.
Not recommending them for shifting if you have any costly furniture and home appliances.
Old 18th May 2016, 16:05   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I recently moved from Chennai to Pune and moved my household items via Agarwal Packers & Movers. Their packing was brilliant and everything was delivered perfectly. Only my cycle's plastic mudguard had broken (they did not wrap up the cycle). Agarwal isn't the cheapest out there, but their service is good and they kept my stuff for 1 week after it reached Pune at no extra cost.
HI,
Can you share the cost pls,

regards,
Abhishek
Old 18th May 2016, 17:13   #279
Senior - BHPian

^^ Hey Abhishek. It all depends on how much stuff you had, so giving you a figure probably won't actually help you. I had about 33 items in total and the cost was ~ 28K. I had other quotes for ~24K. I would suggest you ask them for a quotation and they will visit your place to actually see and give you a quote.
Old 19th May 2016, 17:25   #280
BHPian

All
Has anyone use any of the Packers and Movers recently to transfer bikes?

Looking to transfer 2 bikes from Pune to Delhi and back. Hence trying to find tried and tested options.
Regards
Ronald
Old 19th May 2016, 17:52   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
All

Has anyone use any of the Packers and Movers recently to transfer bikes?

Looking to transfer 2 bikes from Pune to Delhi and back. Hence trying to find tried and tested options.

Regards

Ronald

If you don't mind dropping the bikes to and from the railway stations, the railway parcel service is an option.

Also not sure if there is a bus service between Pune - Delhi, but my cousins have sent bikes and an Activa multiple times through Volvos from Mumbai - Goa and Mumbai - Kolhapur.
Old 12th August 2016, 13:53   #282
BANNED

Having browsed this thread for recommendations, for an 8km move within Chennai we went with Chennai Packers & Movers -- the lowest quote we received, and previously well reviewed here. They sent four people, it was an arduous process of packing, but everything got done safely though it took all day. A major problem, which we told them upfront, was that there was no working lift at the destination (on the 4th floor), and their quote included a charge for that: it was a 3BHK flat, with items nearly filling a medium-sized covered Tata lorry (plus a bunch of miscellaneous things transported in my car), and they charged Rs 6500, plus 1000 for lack of lift but given the effort they had to put in we tipped generously beyond that. They were polite and professional, and only one bowl got cracked and nothing seems to have got lost, but we did wonder at the slowness of the packing and loading process.
Old 20th September 2016, 13:37   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Moving from Chennai to Pune. There are 2 Agarwal packers. Can you please tell us which one you used? DRS Group or the Fauji one with 'A' symbol.

http://www.agarwalpackers.com/

http://agarwalpackers.in/

Would be helpful?
Old 20th September 2016, 16:54   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
... Can you please tell us which one you used? DRS Group or the Fauji one with 'A' symbol.

http://www.agarwalpackers.com/

http://agarwalpackers.in/

Would be helpful?
I used this one - http://www.agarwalpackers.com. A friend just used them recently as well to transport household stuff and a car and the experience was pleasant.
Old 20th September 2016, 16:57   #285
BHPian

Quote:
I used this one - http://www.agarwalpackers.com. A friend just used them recently as well to transport household stuff and a car and the experience was pleasant.
+1 to this recommendation. I have used http://www.agarwalpackers.com this for shifting from Bangalore to Chennai and it was very nicely done. Only issue was that the helpers were haggling for tips, but their work as such is fantastic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks