Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2015, 03:24   #256
BANNED

Re: Packers & Movers: Post all queries here

Helped a friend with his moving and packing inside Bombay itself. He contact the 2 Agarwals. One of them said that they don't do a survey for moving inside the same city itself. He said if you give a list of the big stuff, then he will give you quote for the big stuff plus 40 other boxes. However, on the actual move day, if the number of boxes go more than 40, you will have to pay extra accordingly. The other Agarwal did a survey and gave a quote, but it was rather expensive. Leo Packers (http://www.leopackersandmovers.com/ - there are several Leos just like there are several Agarwals) gave a better quote and my friend chose them. The move was very professional (it's one of the best moves I have seen), very quick, they were very adjusting and accommodating and the whole move was problem free.

Last edited by carboy : 11th October 2015 at 03:26.
Old 11th October 2015, 05:26   #257
Senior - BHPian

Just in the process of shifting houses and I used Buhariwalas. Very professional and they delivered as pomised. quote was accurate and they completed packing and loading way quicker than the time in which they said they would. I also needed some things to be stored in their warehouse which they promptly agreed to even though it was a last minute decision at a very reasonable rate.

Though this was my first move i was impressed.

rev
Old 11th October 2015, 11:26   #258
BHPian

I used the buhariwalas too for my international move. Excellent experience overall and very flexible. I've used writer and they were good, but buhariwalas are better.
Old 27th December 2015, 20:26   #259
BHPian

Good car packers and movers

Hi all, i apologise if this thread exists or not, if yes requesting moderators to move it to the appropriate place.
If not this will help the members to get and share information on good packers and movers in India with which we have favourable experience

My question: can anyone recommend a good car mover from Kolkata to Delhi/NCR? i am planning to send a compact sedan back home.
Old 27th December 2015, 20:58   #260
Senior - BHPian

Re: Good car packers and movers

I have used Aggrawal Movers and Packers. The ones with the yellow trucks only. Others are fake.
I had sent my Civic from Pune to Dehradun. Reached perfectly safe.
Old 27th December 2015, 21:28   #261
BHPian

I recently moved my car Hyundai Verna from Ghaziabad to Bangalore through Agarwal Packers & Movers ( www.agarwalpackers.com ) and received my car in exact condition as given to them. Car was transported by car carrier truck. What amazed me was their online tracking of truck through GPS device on its route to Bangalore from Ghaziabad. They are expensive as compared with others but worth the money. I forgot expensive sunglasses in the sunglass holder and almost lost hope of getting same, but was extremely happy to see it as it is when car was delivered to my home. Delivery duration was around 12 days.
Old 28th December 2015, 07:59   #262
Senior - BHPian

I have shifted umpteen number of times my residence and moved my santro across locations. I compared lots of packers and movers.

Agarwal was very costly. I went around transport nagar in Ghaziabad and shopped around and thus got a good deal. Have shifted my car twice via same people, even got my luggage shifted via them and got a very good deal.

Sharing number for reference. South Packers & Movers - 9311 753253.

Even though you may not use them, check pricing from them and then it will be a good benchmark for you to shop around for the transport services.
Old 7th January 2016, 01:10   #263
BHPian

I need to relocated withing Bangalore next month. I need to following the following heavy items:
  • Queen size bed
  • Mattress
  • Dining table: 6 seater
  • 2 door refrigerator
  • Washing machine
  • 40 inch LED TV
  • Some other smaller items

I would move the smaller items myself in the car. But would require a truck for transporting the larger items mentioned above.

I tried getting the quotation from Pikkol, their quote is 9300 bucks plus taxes. Is this overpriced? Could you guys please recommend any other packers and movers who are better and more reasonable price-wise than Pikkol?
Old 15th January 2016, 14:39   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
I need to relocated withing Bangalore next month. I need to following the following heavy items:
?
I have the same requirement as yours, can you share any contacts if you have found any leads?

Thanks!!
Old 15th January 2016, 14:44   #265
Team-BHP Support

Guys... If I need to move an XUV sized vehicle for a distance of around 1600 kms in a closed container kind of truck does anyone know what it costs?
Old 5th February 2016, 09:39   #266
BHPian

Hi,

I want to transport 2 non running cars from Hyderabad to Kolkata along with few spare parts packed in Trunk cases. what is the best way. Can someone suggest a Closed container truck with ramp, which can pick them from the door steps of the sender to the door step of the receiver.

Thanks & Regards
Old 5th February 2016, 09:54   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I would move the smaller items myself in the car. But would require a truck for transporting the larger items mentioned above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I have the same requirement as yours, can you share any contacts if you have found any leads?
My neighbor has truck, but works independently. Feedback & experience with friends has been good. Pls PM if you are interested. Location - JP Nagar 4th Phase.
His prices would depend on distance & number of floors. They bring the packing material with them.

Pikkol's price of 9300 + tax is kind of par for the organized / registered companies.

Last edited by condor : 5th February 2016 at 09:56.
Old 5th February 2016, 10:23   #268
BHPian

Quote:

I tried getting the quotation from Pikkol, their quote is 9300 bucks plus taxes. Is this overpriced? Could you guys please recommend any other packers and movers who are better and more reasonable price-wise than Pikkol?
I paid 10500 + tip a week back for pretty much the same list. Moved from a second floor apartment to Villa.
Used Lead packers this time. They are not so professional, but not that bad either. They at least had the courtesy to call back and check the next day if everything went well. Lead had a 17ft long truck. It was smaller than I expected. So I negotiated for a second trip for Rs3000. I did not have to use it though. The group leader knew how to stack items well after I offered him some tip.
I had quotation from Agrawal and Leo as well. Agrawal was 18k + tax and Leo was 22k + tax. Both are good, but they over do the process for local shifting. They came home and assessed before sending the quotation.

If you have the original packing box for your TV and other fragile items, you don't need these expensive packers. Only other benefit is, those guys may be more professional in behavior. Packing is done by same set of freelancers except the lead or supervisor. All these packers call them on daily basis and give their brand T-shirt. One of the guy from Lead packers told me this and even shown the T-shirt of other packers in his bag.

Since I have moved 4 times in past, I knew the entire process well.
My packer came home at 2PM (I asked him to come late as I needed more time for my own packing), loaded everything by 5PM and I was at my new residence at 6PM. By 7:30PM everything was unloaded and kept in designated rooms on three different floors of my house. I asked them to unpack only kitchen items, TV, fridge, washing machine and re-assemble beds, sofas and dining table. All the carton boxes were unpacked by me over a period of 1 week. Since I had packed my stuff (even though packer dumped most of them in larger boxes and allowed me to retain the boxes till I need), I knew what is where. I unpacked them bit by bit every day as needed.

My suggestion based on experience is, arrange carton boxes and pack your personal stuff yourself. Do this well in advance. If you think it is the packing guys job, you are wasting your time during unpacking. And it causes a lot of frustration when you can't find a small stuff later. I would rather take the pain at packing time.

Allow the packing guy inside only after your packing is done. And you better be the boss otherwise they will try to boss around. Shout at them or insist on what you need. They will always look for short cuts. So be watchful.
If you don't want any of these pains, go with Leo kind of guys and pay double. Still it all depends on the supervisor guy showing up that day.
Old 23rd February 2016, 12:31   #269
BHPian

Any feedback on pikkol.com? I've already booked them for my move within Bangalore. From Frazer Town to Yemalur. They have quoted 11.5k compared to 15K that Leo Packers quoted.
Old 23rd February 2016, 14:40   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
I recently moved my car Hyundai Verna from Ghaziabad to Bangalore through Agarwal Packers & Movers ( www.agarwalpackers.com ) and received my car in exact condition as given to them. Car was transported by car carrier truck. What amazed me was their online tracking of truck through GPS device on its route to Bangalore from Ghaziabad. They are expensive as compared with others but worth the money. I forgot expensive sunglasses in the sunglass holder and almost lost hope of getting same, but was extremely happy to see it as it is when car was delivered to my home. Delivery duration was around 12 days.
May i kindly ask you how much was the cost?
I have to send my car from Bangalore to Bhubaneswar, but i am confused whether to use packers & movers, or drive by road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks