Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2012, 16:11   #121
BHPian

Re: R.K Packers problems, urgent help needed

We had used Patel road transport about 3 years ago. It was reliable; we got our stuff in good condition. Do check their price as well. Numbers should be available in Yellow pages or just dial.

Regd 2-wheeler transport. Next time you should also check with your friendly volvo operator. i think they would push your 2 wheeler into the bus's belly and get it across borders for a about 2K or less.
(I had seen this being done on Chennai - B'lore route; not sure if the practice is till on after the crack down on these bus operators)
Old 29th October 2012, 16:20   #122
Senior - BHPian

Actually, these guys have many setting with local/regional packers & movers due to number of problems

1. Unavailability of truck having interstate permit.
2. No confirmed return load back to source (Mumbai).
3. Waiting for bigger truck from other company to load your articles, so that they can save big cut out of agreed cost.
4. Octroi naka checking
5. Entry tax/Sales tax naka checking.
6. Driver hometown en-route.

etc.

Sometimes, they send the good in 3 - 4 trucks and it takes time to reach and your goods hopping to some 3 - 4 godowns en-route loading-unloading-loading-unloading.

I experienced all these things, when I transported one of my relatives goods from Nagpur to Mumbai. But, when I transported my goods from Nagpur to Bangalore, it was prompt.
Old 29th October 2012, 16:28   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
try them out although my experience says they are sometimes costlier than Agarwal.

About Gati, are you really bothered with that in case you are ok with them as a transporter? There are hundreds of guys who do fantastic packing of the entire household stuff (far better than the transporters) within 3k to 5k. Transit insurance you can take on your own or ask gati to help you and they will tell you where you can get that. Its that simple.
Valid point again, though time constraints might not allow that to happen.

Quote:
However, for hassles free experience I would still say look at an end-to-end solution provider.
This guy is giving me door to door service. Will have a word with Leo as well, see if they can match the quote.

Quote:
I find it a little too cheap and am wondering how reliable this quote is. I also remember a recent such case where my BIL and 4 of his colleagues (all armed forces guys) were supposed to have moved to a new destination on their posting. One of the guys took charge of the transport and got a very "enticing" quote. The bottomline of that episode was that the transporter ran away midway through packing their stuff when he realized that he goofed up big time in estimation of the size and number of trucks needed. He had taken close to Rs.40000 in advance from the four guys.

Dont get into such a situation/trap.
According to what I've read, R.K seems to be an established company that's been running for the past 20 odd years, headquartered in Hyderabad. So I don't think they would take me for such a ride. Thanks for the warning though!

Just spoke to the marketing manager, he said that it's the stuff I have is not a full load for a big Truck. Only a small Tempo.
Taking that into consideration, I think 19k should be alright, yeah?
Old 29th October 2012, 16:46   #124
BHPian

Well, I think the price is good. In my experience the price varies wildly from company to company. I have been skeptical about local players on prior occasions, but they provide good rates and good service if you know who to pick - I've been quite lucky with the packers/transporters I have chosen (all local players).

I would say do not worry about the scooter - they will not waste an entire truck's worth of space to transport a single scooter alone and even Agrawal don't do that. It will take it's own good time but it's gonna get done.

About the price that they have quoted - it's a very good deal. But handing over all your life's possessions is not just about the price, it's about peace of mind. Go with whoever you feel most comfortable with, whoever you trust most. Ask around the office, or ask your banker if you have good relations with them as they get transferred around a lot.
Old 29th October 2012, 16:59   #125
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys for the response.
I have chosen to go with Leo Packers and Movers. They seem to be far more professional and have assured delivery by Saturday.
They're also charging me 19k + taxes + 2% transit insurance on declared value.

Let's see how it goes...

+1 to you snkjr, R.K is definitely not giving me peace of mind. Lets hope it's different with Leo.
In the near future I have a lot of transporting that needs to be done, so I should strike up a r'ship with one of these services.
I just don't like being taken for a ride, that's what people who want to make a quick buck tend to do. I just go, man it's ultimately not my loss!

Zappo, thanks for the suggestion. Based on the reviews that I have read, they seem to be pretty damn good.

Thanks a ton again guys, I will keep this thread updated over the next week.
Old 29th October 2012, 23:20   #126
BHPian

Re: Packers & Movers: Post all queries here

Hey Guys, Good to see this thread come alive. I was checking this one daily for updates.

Can you pls help me with my query posted on previous page? I need to take a call regarding this tomorrow.

Thanks a lot!!
Old 16th November 2012, 11:12   #127
BHPian

I am moving from Chennai to Bangalore and need to shift the usual house hold items + wifeys scooty. Any pointers on reliable packers and movers?
Old 16th November 2012, 14:49   #128
Senior - BHPian

Agarwal packers and movers would be my recommendation...excellent service and clear transactions.
Old 19th November 2012, 21:02   #129
BHPian

Any good recommendation for Hyd to chennai ? I find a mixed response for Agarwal Packers and Movers, a lot of sites claiming to be agarwal. Not much of things, to be moved, but will not fit in one trip of the car boot. I intend to take the delicate and important things in my Car.
Old 23rd November 2012, 15:06   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Any reference for packers and movers for intra city transfer in Bangalore. I dont have much items to shift however due to house hold applicances needed someone who does a good job.
Old 5th February 2013, 13:28   #131
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I have 3 options for moving my household goods and car (Chevrolet Spark) to Bangalore from Delhi.

Which of below three is better?

1. PM Relocations
2. Interem
3. Santa Fe
Old 5th February 2013, 16:50   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Guys,

I have 3 options for moving my household goods and car (Chevrolet Spark) to Bangalore from Delhi.

Which of below three is better?

1. PM Relocations
2. Interem
3. Santa Fe
Moves within the southern parts of India are handled quite efficiently by Agarwal Packers and Movers (DRS Group).You might want to check them out.Also easier driving the car to Bangalore via the GQ than letting any packer n mover to handle the car-just my two cents.Day 1: Delhi-Udaipur Day2:Udaipur-Mumbai Day3: Mumbai-Bangalore
Old 5th February 2013, 17:01   #133
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post

Moves within the southern parts of India are handled quite efficiently by Agarwal Packers and Movers (DRS Group).You might want to check them out.Also easier driving the car to Bangalore via the GQ than letting any packer n mover to handle the car-just my two cents.Day 1: Delhi-Udaipur Day2:Udaipur-Mumbai Day3: Mumbai-Bangalore
Yes the Agarwal (DRS) group guys are good, no doubt about it. I second your view.
Old 11th February 2013, 13:56   #134
rkw
BHPian

Had a bad experience with Agarwal P&M (DRS group). Pls refer my earlier post dated 23rd March 2012 for details.
Old 28th March 2013, 21:58   #135
BHPian

Hello,

Need some suggestions. Relocating from Bangalore to Assam. Spoke to Agarwal Packers and Movers, Pathetic experience so far , Not sure how they build such a image ( probably some good branding guy behind). My experience to get a quote was utter disaster and the price they have quoted is exorbitant

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks