Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 17:32   #46
BHPian

I finally ended up using Chirag Packers. Excellent service - on time.. very courteous and professional guys. The truck was clean. The packing was good. All in all a good experience. They charged 2.3 K for the whole move from ulsoor to koramanagala.

Had almost finalized on Compack Packers based out of Indiranagar but just a day before the move the guy was unreachable and I finally struck a deal with Chirag last evening.
Old 7th January 2010, 17:54   #47
Senior - BHPian

Any suggestions for me?
I need to shift some stuff from Trichy to Chennai - washing machine, AC, TV and some smaller stuff.
Priority is safety and no damage - time is not a factor, so delays are not a major bother.
Old 7th January 2010, 19:13   #48
Senior - BHPian

I Personally think packers and movers and insurance are mostly a joke. those who are good, are good by their choice. But as a consumer, we don't have much rights for compensation (or if we have, it takes forever to exercise them).

Benji, I would suggest taking things in your own hands and hiring a truck (or a part of it), but doing packing and loading under your own supervision. hire manual labor from local market. I hate that "we always do like this and nothing gets broken" attitude narrated by KB100.
Old 8th February 2010, 11:47   #49
BHPian

Need suggestions guys - moving from Delhi to Hyd
New company has a policy that u pay 1st & they'll re-imburse - there's no official movers & packers
Need suggestions on some names of movers & packers...
i have a car + double bed, dressing table+ music system + 4 chairs, clothes, kitchen stuff to move - no major electronics items..
does their quotation include insurance..is it worth buying extra...any idea how much it will cost ?
Old 23rd May 2010, 15:49   #50
BANNED

Avoid Associated Packers & Movers. They are terrible.
Old 26th June 2010, 17:02   #51
BHPian

**Urgent Help needed** Shipping car from Kolkata to Bangalore

Initially the plan was to take the car later on but now that I'm moving out of Kolkata next Saturday last moment decision is to move the car at this time itself. I called up "Gati" but they dont transport cars anymore. I would need to know which transport company would be the most reliable and cost effective to transport a Maruti ALTO from Kolkata to Bangalore.

The car is still WB registered and there is no NOC from Kolkata PVD/RTO. Insurance has just been renewed and WB road tax paid till 2012.

Need some info urgently as I'll be here for just this week.
Old 26th June 2010, 17:20   #52
Senior - BHPian

Lucky you. I know a dude who lifted his car from WB to BLR. The packer's name is Omdev packers and movers. The car was delivered on time and as expected it was covered in dust. But it was delivered in good condition. I made all bookings myself and the car gets delivered to Kalasipalyam but if you need it somewhere near electonic city then they have a godown or an entry point after electronic city (Ajay transports) I wish I could give you all personal numbers of staff but I'm not in India now nor do I have personal phone numbers of the staff. The people are courteous and I was very satisfied with their service. I believe they are not that famous as the Agarwals and the Goels but, they provide cheap and quality and on time service. I would highly recommend them. Expect a total of 10-12 days for the delivery of the car. If you are lucky and they have a trailer full and your car can fit in then you might get in 7 days even. Be sure to tip the trucker if you find it in good condition.
I found the car w/o a scratch.

Hope this was helpful.

EDIT: Full size sedan cost my friend 10500 INR.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 26th June 2010 at 17:22.
Old 26th June 2010, 17:30   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Lucky you. I know a dude who lifted his car from WB to BLR. The packer's name is Omdev packers and movers. The car was delivered on time and as expected it was covered in dust. But it was delivered in good condition. I made all bookings myself and the car gets delivered to Kalasipalyam but if you need it somewhere near electonic city then they have a godown or an entry point after electronic city (Ajay transports) I wish I could give you all personal numbers of staff but I'm not in India now nor do I have personal phone numbers of the staff. The people are courteous and I was very satisfied with their service. I believe they are not that famous as the Agarwals and the Goels but, they provide cheap and quality and on time service. I would highly recommend them. Expect a total of 10-12 days for the delivery of the car. If you are lucky and they have a trailer full and your car can fit in then you might get in 7 days even. Be sure to tip the trucker if you find it in good condition.
I found the car w/o a scratch.

Hope this was helpful.

EDIT: Full size sedan cost my friend 10500 INR.
I really appreciate your help. Are you talking about these guys: Delhi Packers Movers, Mumbai Packers Movers, Pune Packers Movers, Bangalore Packers Movers, Packers Movers Delhi

I was searching the net and found this: -::OM Logistics::-
Old 26th June 2010, 17:40   #54
Senior - BHPian

The first link is correct. Doesn't seem impressive but when you enquire for the rate and see your car later then they are the best. Tell them that a friend referred and last year he got a full size sedan tranferred from WB and you charged him 10500. You should get 8000 INR price for your Alto. IIRC, you have to give a 100% deposit. The person there is Mr Mishra I think. They will come and collect the car. If you don't want the hassle of them driving your car to their depot then you drive the car to their office. Be ready with Insurance copies and Registration copies. Anything less than 8000 INR is super deal. Be strict on the condition of the car.
Something like the Nutty professor said to the valet: You scratch this and there will be a scratch on your ***. Note down ODO readings and give them one key.
On arrival of you car do not take delivery until you feel everything is right. If not then do not take delivery and contact the Kalasiplaym office for claims first. Then take delivery.
Hope this helps.
Old 26th June 2010, 17:46   #55
Senior - BHPian

I am very unhappy reading this thread Punnyabrata !! Why such an insult for the beautiful car?
I thought you should Fill it, Shut it, and Cruise it..to Bangalore...

Sorry for being OT
Abhi
Old 26th June 2010, 20:25   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
The first link is correct. Doesn't seem impressive but when you enquire for the rate and see your car later then they are the best. Tell them that a friend referred and last year he got a full size sedan tranferred from WB and you charged him 10500. You should get 8000 INR price for your Alto. IIRC, you have to give a 100% deposit. The person there is Mr Mishra I think. They will come and collect the car. If you don't want the hassle of them driving your car to their depot then you drive the car to their office. Be ready with Insurance copies and Registration copies. Anything less than 8000 INR is super deal. Be strict on the condition of the car.
Something like the Nutty professor said to the valet: You scratch this and there will be a scratch on your ***. Note down ODO readings and give them one key.
On arrival of you car do not take delivery until you feel everything is right. If not then do not take delivery and contact the Kalasiplaym office for claims first. Then take delivery.
Hope this helps.
If we are talking about the same thing then their office is in VIP Road. I told the guy over the phone that I was referred by a friend who had shipped his car last year. He told me that for small cars they charge 10K and for medium sized or bigger cars they charge 13.5K. I told him that he had shipped his big car for 10.5K to that he said it's not possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
I am very unhappy reading this thread Punnyabrata !! Why such an insult for the beautiful car?
I thought you should Fill it, Shut it, and Cruise it..to Bangalore...

Sorry for being OT
Abhi
Dada, intially even I was planning to drive to B'lore but my joining is on 5th of July so I just have the weekend to reach there from Kolkata. :(
Old 26th June 2010, 22:14   #57
BHPian

Nice to find another BHPian join the Bangy club.
Dunno if this OT, but the service by Agarwals rendered to us while shifting Furniture and other household stuff from Mysore to Bangalore was not very impressive.
Old 26th June 2010, 23:54   #58
Senior - BHPian

Would suggest you to try Agrawal Packers, ours was brought by them from Delhi to Nagpur scratchless.They send it by Car carriers travelling on the route,in your case it may be by a container.
Old 27th June 2010, 00:06   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Nice to find another BHPian join the Bangy club.
Dunno if this OT, but the service by Agarwals rendered to us while shifting Furniture and other household stuff from Mysore to Bangalore was not very impressive.
Would be glad to catch up with the Bangalore Bhpians

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Would suggest you to try Agrawal Packers, ours was brought by them from Delhi to Nagpur scratchless.They send it by Car carriers travelling on the route,in your case it may be by a container.
Can you tell me the difference between the two? Which is better? Are there any chances of damages in a container?
Old 27th June 2010, 00:09   #60
Senior - BHPian

I have moved my cars a number of times. Let me tell you few things. If you book car by a packer and mover they may not necessarily send it by a car carrier. Instead load in a goods carrier. There is a danger of items falling down on car or car skidding around and getting scratched. My advise:-

1. I assume you have discarded driving down altogether which actually is the best way.

2. If you book by Movers and Packers just ensure that car is loaded in FRONT of you in a CAR CARRIER and not a goods carrier.

3. You may like to contact the car dealers to know the carriers transporting cars to Kolkata from South (new ones). They all go empty. Very cheap, cost effective and safe.

4. Just leave the fuel bare minimum and note the Odometer. Dont be surprised if car is driven around quite a bit till the time you collect it.

5. If you are going to be permanent (guess in excess of six months) and not a defence personnel you need to pay the taxes in the state LEGALLY.

6. Reduce the tyre pressure when you load to reduce the jumping action.

7. When I transport I tie the mattresses on the sides of car to avoid scratches on the body . It may be problematic to carry the mattresses later on.

8. Take out all documents from the car.

9. VERY IMP : Give a list of main items in the car to include ICE, spare tyre, battery type, tools and accessories to the transporter and get his sign. Check them with this list when you receive the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks