Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2014, 21:29   #181
BHPian

Re: Packers & Movers: Post all queries here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rama75 View Post
Hi,
I am planning to shift from Coimbatore to Chennai. Have your in-laws shifted their house? Which packers and movers did you use? How was the quality of service?
Yep, I checked with Chennai Packer & Movers, Professional and Agarwals. Finally got a good bargain with Agarwals and finalized the deal.

I would rate them as follows (I am using the same parameters as used by McLaren Roxx)

1. Price Quote: 3.5/5
2. Communication: 5/5
3. On time arrival @ source: 5/5
4. Attitude of packing staff: 4.5/5
5. Skill when packing: 4.5/5
6. Packing quality: 4.5/5
7. Skill when loading: 4/5 (Used the lift to bring down the stuff from 2nd floor)
8. On time arrival @ destination: 5/5
9. Skill when unloading: 5/5
10. Skill when unpacking: 5/5 (Power cut, had to carry all the items 3 floors up, the staff didn't seem to mind the extra hassle)
11. Attitude of unpacking staff: 5/5
12. Condition of goods @ destination: 5/5
13. Value for money: 5/5

Overall Rating: 5/5
Old 29th April 2014, 13:39   #182
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I need to transport my car from Bangalore to Delhi.

Planning to go with Leo packers and movers. But a simple google search leaves me confused.

Which one is the genuine Leo?:

www.leopackersindia.com
or

www.leopackersandmovers.com/‎

or

www.leopackersmoversbangalore.com/‎

?
Old 2nd May 2014, 17:37   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post

I called Leo yesterday and they roughly quoted INR 35,000 for Bangalore to Pune, however, the final amount will be decided only after the Surveyor visits my apartment.

Also, is there any scope of bargaining considering that they generally start from a higher quote?
Hi @Safety is Param, I would be shifting from Pune to Bangalore next month. Can you please share the name of the company whose services you used and your experience.
Old 3rd May 2014, 13:04   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakra View Post
Hi @Safety is Param, I would be shifting from Pune to Bangalore next month. Can you please share the name of the company whose services you used and your experience.
Hi,

I stayed back in Bangalore.

Shifting to Pune was proving out to be a costly affair. Dealing with 2 different Transport Departments (Pune and Bangalore) for Road-Tax Refund, etc. was not to my liking even though I would have paid the road tax first thing after landing in Pune.

Too much money at stake, a risk I chose to avoid.

Check Agarwal; they may charge more, but if you are firm on what quality of packing and shifting you need (merging with other consignments, unloading from a smaller vehicle and loading it to another vehicle heading in the same direction), you shouldn't be disappointed.

I have not used their services personally, but checked with few who did employ them.
Old 5th May 2014, 11:10   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Hi,

I stayed back in Bangalore.

Shifting to Pune was proving out to be a costly affair. Dealing with 2 different Transport Departments (Pune and Bangalore) for Road-Tax Refund, etc. was not to my liking even though I would have paid the road tax first thing after landing in Pune.

Too much money at stake, a risk I chose to avoid.

Check Agarwal; they may charge more, but if you are firm on what quality of packing and shifting you need (merging with other consignments, unloading from a smaller vehicle and loading it to another vehicle heading in the same direction), you shouldn't be disappointed.

I have not used their services personally, but checked with few who did employ them.
@Safety is Param, thank you so much for the information. Wish I had an option of not shifting from Pune to Bangalore
Even I am planning to contact Agarwal hoping for the best.
Old 14th May 2014, 15:03   #186

Packers and Movers: Which is Real/Fraud?

I'm shifting from Gurgaon to Mumbai in the coming weeks. Based on past posts, I have been able to shortlist a few packers and movers. The problem is when I Google these companies, I get a number of websites all claiming to be the real one. It looks like there are a number of fraud players in the market, who are using the names of the more recognized players. It's a little difficult to find out which are the real websites, so below is my best guess. Folks who have used any of these companies, can you please confirm if I am talking to the right people, and/or if any of these are frauds.

1) Agarwal Packers and Movers (which one is the real one?)
http://www.agarwalpackers.com
http://www.agarwalpackerss.com (DRS Group)

2) Writers Corporation
http://www.writercorporation.com

3) Allied Pickfords
http://www.alliedpickfords.com

4) Crown Relocations
http://www.crownrelo.com

5) Leo Packers and Movers (which is the real one?)
http://www.leopackersandmovers.com
http://www.leopackersindia.com
http://leopackersandmovers.in

Thanks in advance.
Old 14th May 2014, 16:45   #187
Senior - BHPian

Re: Packers and Movers: Which is Real/Fraud?

As far as Agarwals are concerned, i think the DRS one is the lesser known one. Infact, when i interacted with DRS guys, felt as if i was interacting to some truck drivers who opened a small time transport company. There was no professionalism at all.

As far as Leo is concerned, all are good as long as they have the Leo hallmark on their website. It was a split between some brothers. I would recommend Mr. Vinod Shah's unit: http://www.leopackersindia.com/contacts.htm

Otherwise, if you don't want hassle of duplicates, may i suggest you a mover and packer with which i have personal experience at Organisation level (it is one of the official movers my company) - SANTA FE Relocations. Although the cost is a bit high, but you can be rest assured they are genuine people and also very professional. Website: http://www.santaferelo.com/

Last edited by DCEite : 14th May 2014 at 16:46.
Old 14th May 2014, 16:59   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerbud View Post
2) Writers Corporation
http://www.writercorporation.com
This is the original Writer website and they are good. I've used their services twice.
Old 14th May 2014, 17:20   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerbud View Post
I have used Leo multiple times (Hyd long-term storage, Hyd to Chennai, Hyd to Mumbai and Mumbai to Bangalore). The one I dealt with is Hyderabad based, with a Vinod Shah as its CEO. They were quite good in their approach, care, speed and efficiency. They are at: www.leopackersindia.com
Old 14th May 2014, 17:28   #190
BHPian

Has anyone tried Maxwell ? Please share your feedback.
Old 19th May 2014, 10:24   #191
rkw
BHPian

@flowerbud
Agarwal Packers & Movers have split into Agarwal Movers Group & DRS Group. I had once used the services of DRS Group for transporting my car. The experience was bad. Pls go through the post for details. (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...es-here-7.html)

I have heard that Writer & Leo are good.
Old 9th June 2014, 12:39   #192
Senior - BHPian

Will be moving from Navi Mumbai to Noida (Delhi) soon, and have asked for quote by all the companies mentioned earlier, anyone has any personal stories/quotes to share who have moved from Mumbai to Delhi? I will post the quotes here for reference once I've received them. Have a 2BHK filled with a decent amount of furniture.
Old 10th June 2014, 13:12   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quick Update

Have been in touch with all the Packers & Movers on the thread, and have this to report so far.

Leo had the quickest turnaround time, they did a survey yesterday itself and gave me a quote. A nice gentleman came home and explained the charges to me.

Quoted Rs 75k for everything incl taxes.

Agarwal sent a guy today who got a Tablet along (to show pictures of moving), the seal they use to lock the container and the different materials they use for packing. He was quite enthusiastic and saw the Leo quote lying on the table to tried hard to please. Quite happy with them and am sure can get a few more grand knocked off.

Quoted Rs 73k for everything incl taxes

Writer Corp emailed me a sheet to fill out with items etc. Have sent it back to them lets see their response.

Also would like to add the Leo and Agarwal people gave me a few tips to help with moving. Like they mentioned that I would need to get some special screws for my LG Front Loading washing machine so it doesn't get damaged in transit (which I had to call customer care for) and the Agarwal guy even mentioned that I should empty and shut off the fridge a day before shifting. I didn't know about the machine since I've shifted it twice already (Pune -> Bom and within Bom) without any issues.

Last edited by quickdraw : 10th June 2014 at 13:14. Reason: Added a few things.
Old 10th June 2014, 17:22   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Quick Update

Have been in touch with all the Packers & Movers on the thread, and have this to report so far.

Leo had the quickest turnaround time, they did a survey yesterday itself and gave me a quote. A nice gentleman came home and explained the charges to me.

Quoted Rs 75k for everything incl taxes.

Agarwal sent a guy today who got a Tablet along (to show pictures of moving), the seal they use to lock the container and the different materials they use for packing. He was quite enthusiastic and saw the Leo quote lying on the table to tried hard to please. Quite happy with them and am sure can get a few more grand knocked off.

Quoted Rs 73k for everything incl taxes

Writer Corp emailed me a sheet to fill out with items etc. Have sent it back to them lets see their response.

Also would like to add the Leo and Agarwal people gave me a few tips to help with moving. Like they mentioned that I would need to get some special screws for my LG Front Loading washing machine so it doesn't get damaged in transit (which I had to call customer care for) and the Agarwal guy even mentioned that I should empty and shut off the fridge a day before shifting. I didn't know about the machine since I've shifted it twice already (Pune -> Bom and within Bom) without any issues.
I would swear by the packing materials that Agarwal uses. My biggest concern was to transport a 46 inch ultra thin LED TV & they packed it better than the original company packing (bubble wrap, foamed cloth, plastic wrap & finally wooden crating).
& yes, I was also advised on switching off the fridge a day before shifting. Infact was also asked to sprinkle some talcum powder to deal with the smell of an empty fridge
Regarding the lock, they will seal your container using a one-time-use lock & will give you the lock's seal number for cross-checking at the destination. However, if required by the authorities, your lock will be cut open to inspect the container (like mine was when crossing over to Kerala). However, the driver will ensure that everything is intact & it is re-sealed with a regular lock.
Old 10th June 2014, 23:22   #195

I am supposed to move from Kolkata to Bangalore during mid-August. As this would be my first big-time move (i.e. involving the transportation of household stuffs) hence I have started planning for it and gathering relevant information on it from now itself.

In this regards, I have a few questions to ask:
1) Is this too early to contact the movers for a quote?
2) My plan is to go to Bangalore first and get hold of an apartment (on rent) and then ask the movers to do the necessary goods movement. However the problem with that is the fact that my wife will have to monitor all the packings, etc on which I am not too confident. So my question is that do the movers give a buffer time to deliver the stuffs at the target city?
3) Lastly, from personal experience, do you have any recommendation about good quality packers in Kolkata?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks