Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2018, 07:27   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Packers & Movers: Post all queries here

Any recent recommendations for transporting a Honda Amaze from Madurai to Kolkata or Bangalore to Kolkata? Need it around the April timeframe and carrying out early research.
Old 28th January 2018, 09:45   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Any recent recommendations for transporting a Honda Amaze from Madurai to Kolkata or Bangalore to Kolkata? Need it around the April timeframe and carrying out early research.
I have done many shiftings. Always with Agarwal Packers & Movers. A tad costly but safe, secure & punctual door to door. Their number 098 6001 5001.
Old 13th February 2018, 23:14   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulin_Shah View Post
I have done many shiftings. Always with Agarwal Packers & Movers. A tad costly but safe, secure & punctual door to door. Their number 098 6001 5001.
I have a requirement of moving my car from Kolkata to Pune. I took two quotes, one from Agarwal (17k) and Leo (26k). There is a huge difference between quotes of these two movers and packers. I am thinking if i will drive down or avail their services.

Movers & Packers
+ Wont be hectic. I can take flight a day before.
+ Cost will be fully redeemed by company.

- Will take around 12 days to transfer
- Chance of car getting damaged. Leo said if damaged, have to fix using own insurance.

Self Drive
+Will take 2-3 days tops
+Assurance of my car in my hands

- May be hectic
- Company wont redeem expenses.

The new organization where i am joining is not ready to redeem fuel + toll + stay expense of a road trip (around 15k) although its less than half what movers & packers + flight will cost Had i the option i would have self driven blindly with all my stuffs packed with rear seat folded down. I am thinking if i will bite the bullet, let go of the relocation cost and just drive to Pune !
Old 14th February 2018, 15:35   #319
BHPian

I had to move my car recently to Kolkata from Bangalore where my parents stay. I decided to drive down and did the 1950 odd kms in two days. Did 1074 kms on the first day from Bangalore to Vizag, slept for 6 odd hours, hit the road and was in Kolkata by 12 midnight on the 2nd day. Its a K10 so not the most comfortable for extended periods behind the wheel. But if BHPians do not drive their cars down cross country, who will?!
Old 20th February 2018, 20:56   #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
I have a requirement of moving my car from Kolkata to Pune. I took two quotes, one from Agarwal (17k) and Leo (26k). There is a huge difference between quotes of these two movers and packers. I am thinking if i will drive down or avail their services.

Movers & Packers
+ Wont be hectic. I can take flight a day before.
+ Cost will be fully redeemed by company.

- Will take around 12 days to transfer
- Chance of car getting damaged. Leo said if damaged, have to fix using own insurance.

Self Drive
+Will take 2-3 days tops
+Assurance of my car in my hands

- May be hectic
- Company wont redeem expenses.

The new organization where i am joining is not ready to redeem fuel + toll + stay expense of a road trip (around 15k) although its less than half what movers & packers + flight will cost Had i the option i would have self driven blindly with all my stuffs packed with rear seat folded down. I am thinking if i will bite the bullet, let go of the relocation cost and just drive to Pune !
Hi, sorry I am late to answer. Had some tooth problem and had to undergo extraction.

Driving down Kolkata to Pune is a good idea if not with family. It may be bit too tiring for them. Also you need to check the roads. They must be all 4 lane and without any ongoing construction work. Bad roads can really be frustrating and tiresome. Since I am 55, it takes me us extra day of rest before we start again.

As far as the packers are concerned, the difference in the rate is due to the fact that Leo must be taking one single car in a truck. Whereas Agarwal have their own car carrier and they take 2 cars at a time.

Hope this helps.
Old 21st February 2018, 13:36   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
I had to move my car recently to Kolkata from Bangalore where my parents stay. I decided to drive down and did the 1950 odd kms in two days. Did 1074 kms on the first day from Bangalore to Vizag, slept for 6 odd hours, hit the road and was in Kolkata by 12 midnight on the 2nd day. Its a K10 so not the most comfortable for extended periods behind the wheel. But if BHPians do not drive their cars down cross country, who will?!
My brother did Bangalore-Kolkata and back in bike taking a night halt in Vizag. For Pune i need to check with route to take and which place is best for night-halt. I didn't even consider movers & packers till i came to know that i wont be able to redeem fuel & toll bills if i take the self drive route

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulin_Shah View Post
Hi, sorry I am late to answer. Had some tooth problem and had to undergo extraction.

Driving down Kolkata to Pune is a good idea if not with family. It may be bit too tiring for them. Also you need to check the roads. They must be all 4 lane and without any ongoing construction work. Bad roads can really be frustrating and tiresome. Since I am 55, it takes me us extra day of rest before we start again.

As far as the packers are concerned, the difference in the rate is due to the fact that Leo must be taking one single car in a truck. Whereas Agarwal have their own car carrier and they take 2 cars at a time.

Hope this helps.
Well i will be travelling alone. Few months back a bhpian friend did Mumbai-Kolkata in 29hours taking 3hr nap in a fuel pump. Well i am not thinking of making the journey this hectic, but may take a night halt somewhere. Lets see what happens.

Regarding movers and packers my company will obviously choose the lower quote considering the difference is so huge. But like i said, waiting 15 days is too long and some user complaints of car getting damaged during transit is bothering me to take that route.

Last edited by Samfromindia : 21st February 2018 at 13:39.
Old 12th March 2018, 14:32   #322
BHPian

I am moving cities (from Mumbai to Kochi) and looking for packers and movers to shift my entire household stuff. My priority is reliability (i don't want any damages to my stuff) and speed. This is for everything excluding the car. Car i plan to take by road

I have heard mixed feedback about Agarwal movers. I will appreciate all inputs and suggestions
Old 16th March 2018, 22:22   #323

I have done many shifting. Always with Agarwal Packers & Movers. A tad costly but safe, secure & punctual door to door. Their number 098 6001 5001.

They even wait at the destination for a couple of days and deliver only when you want.
Old 18th March 2018, 01:28   #324
BHPian

I need to transport/ courier/ parcel a almost new Air Conditioner (AC) from Mumbai to Hyderabad. Unfortunately, the packaging is not available anymore. Not really timebound. Which would be a cost effective and reliable option - railways parcel, bus travels or movers and packers?

TIA
Old 18th March 2018, 03:02   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
I need to transport/ courier/ parcel a almost new Air Conditioner (AC) from Mumbai to Hyderabad. Unfortunately, the packaging is not available anymore. Not really timebound. Which would be a cost effective and reliable option - railways parcel, bus travels or movers and packers?

TIA
Visit or find out which transport company operates trucks between the two cities. Pack the AC with bullet proof packing yourself and then just book it with the transport guys. It costs way cheaper than what packers and movers might charge you. I regularly use such services between Chandigarh/Delhi and my village for heavy items. Even now I have 10 cans of Wood PU in transit from Chandigarh and the whole 300kms journey will only cost me 150 bucks.
Old 18th March 2018, 10:46   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Visit or find out which transport company operates trucks between the two cities. Pack the AC with bullet proof packing yourself and then just book it with the transport guys. It costs way cheaper than what packers and movers might charge you. I regularly use such services between Chandigarh/Delhi and my village for heavy items. Even now I have 10 cans of Wood PU in transit from Chandigarh and the whole 300kms journey will only cost me 150 bucks.
Thank you very much. I didn't know the road transport services are so cheap. I'll check.
Old 19th March 2018, 05:26   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
I am moving cities (from Mumbai to Kochi) and looking for packers and movers to shift my entire household stuff. My priority is reliability (i don't want any damages to my stuff) and speed. This is for everything excluding the car. Car i plan to take by road

I have heard mixed feedback about Agarwal movers. I will appreciate all inputs and suggestions
Agarwal may be cheap but i have heard of countless occasions where they have damaged stuff .
Old 19th March 2018, 21:10   #328

I have done following shifts in life:
Mumbai - Pune, Mumbai - Bangalore, Pune - Ahmedabad, Pune - Mangalore, Valsad - Vadodara, Vadodara - Hyderabad, Hyderabad - Ududpi.

All these without any damage whatsoever.

I guess it is God's grace with Agarwal's competence working together.
Old 6th April 2018, 10:22   #329
BHPian

shifting from Bangalore to Nashik , please suggest a good movers and packers.
looking for cheaper options as I have to bear the cost
Old 10th April 2018, 10:29   #330
BHPian

International relocation

Can anyone suggest a cheap removalist / packer / mover who can get my household items from Australia to India? Suggestions would be really appreciated

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks