Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2015, 08:58   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Packers & Movers: Post all queries here

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
Ok, this is a scam on many levels. The numbers don't even add up to 40 k.

Service tax and Insurance is just another way of charging you extra. He will be not registered with the Service Tax number nor will be be actually insuring the goods.

If you have some person in Delhi to tackle this personally, he could still take the cops to the godown claiming cheating and / or theft.

If he is asked for his Service Tax registration certificate, he will be unable to produce it. Nor any insurance coverage.

Sorry to say, but you and your family forgot that you live in India, and on top of it, in Delhi.

Please look for some street smart friends or family to tackle this in person.

Do we have any other option other than being street smart? Do you think paying a little more would resolve this issue?

Pramod
Old 3rd September 2015, 20:51   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Do we have any other option other than being street smart? Do you think paying a little more would resolve this issue?

Pramod
All the cards are in his hand. These people are here today and gone tomorrow. You will not even be able to find him again later. Let me ask you this: Do you even have a visiting card with his printed phone and address? Do the names match with the consignment note?

And the worst is : Even if you pay him the full 40 K, do you think he doesnt know that you are not a returning customer? Why will he spend even 100 Rs. more to get a better transport to Kerala? He will put your goods in the cheapest transport possible , which means that it will be thrown with god-knows-what!

Oh one more thing: This might repeat in Kerala. The lorry driver will dump it in a warehouse somewhere outside your city. The warehouse guy will demand his charges for storing and delivery.

In your place, I would just go to Delhi and take care of this myself. It would be a lot cheaper. Just take the cops and take the goods and cash back( whatever you get out of him).

It is because of people like this, the household packing business is so messed up. To get good service you have to go the biggies, but then pay through your nose.

Last edited by john doe : 3rd September 2015 at 20:54.
Old 10th September 2015, 06:01   #243
BHPian

Re: Relocating - Bangalore to Goa... recommendations needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
I will be relocating to Panaji, Goa soon and am looking to move furniture and domestic appliances only.

Will be driving my car over.

Any recommendations for movers and packers who are affordable,careful and safe (costs will be have to be borne by me)??

Also since this is the first time I am relocating would appreciate any tips one can share in terms of price negotiations, insurance, etc ?
I am in exact situation. Whom did you opt for?
Old 10th September 2015, 06:23   #244
BHPian

Hi Akshay. Having relocated a number of times I suggest do some homework by contacting at least 3-4 professional Packers. Make a list of the things you want to transport and compare the quotes. I have used the services of Leo Packers and was fully satisfied with their services. I paid actuals only. No extras for the packers. Insist that they come early and complete the same day. Photograph your packages and the final consignment on loading. When they mark the packages make your own list as to what it contains. Take insurance from them. It is a part of billing
Old 11th September 2015, 09:59   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus View Post
Hi Akshay. Having relocated a number of times I suggest do some homework by contacting at least 3-4 professional Packers. Make a list of the things you want to transport and compare the quotes. I have used the services of Leo Packers and was fully satisfied with their services. I paid actuals only. No extras for the packers. Insist that they come early and complete the same day. Photograph your packages and the final consignment on loading. When they mark the packages make your own list as to what it contains. Take insurance from them. It is a part of billing
Thank you sir. Can you provide me the website of Leo guys you dealt with? I find many. Yesterday one Leo guy had come and his company is leopackersbangalore.com which I doubt is real Leo. TIA!
Old 11th September 2015, 10:15   #246
BHPian

Pm me your email id. I will forward the email contact details.
Old 11th September 2015, 18:29   #247
rkw
BHPian

There are 2 Leo brands (or even more) - Leo India Pack Move Pvt. Ltd. (http://www.leoindiarelocations.com/) & Leo Packers & Movers India Pvt. Ltd. (http://www.leopackersindia.com/contacts.htm) Which one did you use?
Old 12th September 2015, 21:28   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkw View Post
There are 2 Leo brands (or even more) - Leo India Pack Move Pvt. Ltd. (http://www.leoindiarelocations.com/) & Leo Packers & Movers India Pvt. Ltd. (http://www.leopackersindia.com/contacts.htm) Which one did you use?
I am going ahead with Agarwal from DRS group. Will post up my experience.
Old 14th September 2015, 20:30   #249
BHPian

Hi all

I have to move back from Hyderabad to my native Jaipur this week. We were going to blindly go ahead with Agarwal (DRS group) but are now in a fix after reading some mixed reviews.

I have stuff for 2BHK that will have to be transported (excluding the car, plan to drive it myself). Need some suggestions as to which other Hyderabad based packers are reliable?

thanks for any suggestions if you have personal experience.

Vaibhav
Old 18th September 2015, 00:28   #250
rkw
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav_a_a View Post
Hi all

I have to move back from Hyderabad to my native Jaipur this week. We were going to blindly go ahead with Agarwal (DRS group) but are now in a fix after reading some mixed reviews.

I have stuff for 2BHK that will have to be transported (excluding the car, plan to drive it myself). Need some suggestions as to which other Hyderabad based packers are reliable?

thanks for any suggestions if you have personal experience.

Vaibhav
I have used the services of Leo Packers & Movers India Pvt. Ltd. (http://www.leopackersindia.com/) last week for shifting from Mumbai to Pune. Amazing service & professionalism. Was sceptical initially due to 2 reasons - didn't know which was original Leo & they demanded settlement in cash on loading. But right from packing, loading, unloading to unpacking their service was very good. On time delivery as promised. Also surprised to see their CEO's message on their website providing his direct number in case of any problem.
Old 3rd October 2015, 02:08   #251
BHPian

Bangalore to Kolkata

I'm moving my household goods (approx 600 cft) from Bangalore to Kolkata. This includes 2 motorcycles however dosen't include Beds & Wardrobes. Add to that a Hatchback car.

While Writers was my 1st choice since they had brought my stuff (fraction of what I have to transport now) when I came to Bangalore as a bachelor from Kolkata about 5 years back, they gave me a ridiculous quote of Rs. 1 Lac + 30K for the Car on Grouping/Part load basis. I was so appalled by their professionalism - the Manager a Bengali who shares my Surname, sent me a excel spreadsheet to fill my details on the basis of which would give the quote and literally refused to come-over to do a physical survey.

Then Leo Packers http://www.leopackersindia.com (dont know if this is the real one) came and did the survey this morning. They're yet to share the quote. The person who answered the call was very professional. The guy who came to my house this morning was a Bengali fellow too but surprisingly didn't wear any attitude like the Writers fellow.

A lady from http://www.agarwalpackers.com (Limca Records) came down this afternoon and she did a detailed survey. She updated all the details on a Tab and emailed me a quote of around 80K + 18K for the car. Later sent another revised quote of 96K overall. Did followup once late in the evening but I told her that I will confirm midday tomorrow.

Interim will come in the morning tomorrow to do their survey. Expecting a quote similar to Writers from them too.

Do the quotes sound normal because I'm surprised that Relocation Costs have gone up manifold times in the past few years. Although it's too late for me now (I'm transporting all the goods next Friday) but are their any other relocations company I should speak with?
Old 3rd October 2015, 15:22   #252

I just completed my move from Chennai to Bangalore over the last weekend. We used Agarwal packers (the DRS version - www.agarwalpackers.in). Had a pretty bad experience - hopefully this will act as a cautionary tale for people planning to move.

So we had 3 people packing stuff in our house and there were 2 of us (my wife and I) supervising. The packing itself was super inefficient with them running out of packing material in between (leading to a 2 hour halt in packing) and generally doing the work really slowly. Obviously we were splitting our time between the rooms and couldn't really watch as each and every item went in the cartons. We gave them general instructions on where each item would go.

When we received our goods, turns out that a couple of items - an X box and a new pair of sneakers (both in their original boxes) never made it into the cartons (we know this since all the cartons that went out of the Chennai house were accounted for in Bangalore and didn't looked like they were majorly tampered). It looks like the packers in Chennai decided to pocket these two items (not sure if one of them acted alone or all of them were in on it). Still unclear how they managed to smuggle the items out of our house while we were present - but it is quite shocking that something like this can happen with a supposedly "reputed" packing company.

Have registered a complaint with the DRS people but it looks unlikely that anything will come out of it (especially since the box that I thought had the X box was labelled "household goods" - one more mistake on my part). Make it a point to mention each and every item contained in the carton in the register as it goes out so that you can track the stuff as it comes in. Bottom line is that you need to keep your eyes open around these guys and refrain from sending valuable items in case you can carry them yourself.
Old 4th October 2015, 00:30   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by retronai View Post
I just completed my move from Chennai to Bangalore over the last weekend. We used Agarwal packers (the DRS version - www.agarwalpackers.in). Had a pretty bad experience - hopefully this will act as a cautionary tale for people planning to move.

So we had 3 people packing stuff in our house and there were 2 of us (my wife and I) supervising. The packing itself was super inefficient with them running out of packing material in between (leading to a 2 hour halt in packing) and generally doing the work really slowly. Obviously we were splitting our time between the rooms and couldn't really watch as each and every item went in the cartons. We gave them general instructions on where each item would go.

When we received our goods, turns out that a couple of items - an X box and a new pair of sneakers (both in their original boxes) never made it into the cartons (we know this since all the cartons that went out of the Chennai house were accounted for in Bangalore and didn't looked like they were majorly tampered). It looks like the packers in Chennai decided to pocket these two items (not sure if one of them acted alone or all of them were in on it). Still unclear how they managed to smuggle the items out of our house while we were present - but it is quite shocking that something like this can happen with a supposedly "reputed" packing company.

Have registered a complaint with the DRS people but it looks unlikely that anything will come out of it (especially since the box that I thought had the X box was labelled "household goods" - one more mistake on my part). Make it a point to mention each and every item contained in the carton in the register as it goes out so that you can track the stuff as it comes in. Bottom line is that you need to keep your eyes open around these guys and refrain from sending valuable items in case you can carry them yourself.
Oh Shucks!!! I just confirmed to the DRS guys today since they gave me a very low quote. Ok not that very low too. I have a lot of items. It's a pretty long distance. Now I'm very scared. God only know what will happen.

Last year around this month I had used their services to move household items from one locality of Kolkata to another. Same problem happened to me.
They ran out of materials and ended up carrying my fragile items in nylon bags leading to considerable damage of items.
Old 5th October 2015, 12:22   #254

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...gn=WidgetPromo

I just came across this article in Hindu. Seems the firm has took the car on road from Hyderabad to Delhi, cheating the owner. In the process, met with accident. Silently repaired it and returned to the owner. Glad to hear that owner has been duly compensated.
Old 5th October 2015, 23:24   #255
BHPian

I have shifted around 10 times within bangalore and yet to find a good packer & mover.
Need to shift now from a 1st floor house to a Ground floor house. In our experience most damage happens in the staircase. So we are planning to call for a forklift to load items from 1st floor. The existing house at 1st floor has plenty of space for the forklift to come in & operate. Its just a wild idea in mind, and all my friends have already laughed this off. Even the forklift guy I spoke to on phone was circumspect on the height of the parapet wall in 1st floor which could be about 13 feet from the ground.

Is this a good idea?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks