Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2019, 12:20   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Packers & Movers: Post all queries here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpthy View Post
I plan to ship my CR-V from Bangalore to Mumbai.
Its a days drive. Please don't risk your cars to these car carriers. Just ask around in your friends circle if someone can drive down. Fuel, toll + return flight would be much lesser than both the above quotes. I would have gladly volunteered, but sadly don't have the free time anytime in the next couple months.
Old 11th October 2019, 12:27   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Its a days drive. Please don't risk your cars to these car carriers. Just ask around in your friends circle if someone can drive down. Fuel, toll + return flight would be much lesser than both the above quotes. I would have gladly volunteered, but sadly don't have the free time anytime in the next couple months.
I am seriously contemplating driving down. But the fuel cost alone would be ~10k, as it's roughly 1000 Km door to door and the car guzzles petrol at 8-9 Kmpl.
Old 11th October 2019, 14:59   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am seriously contemplating driving down. But the fuel cost alone would be ~10k, as it's roughly 1000 Km door to door and the car guzzles petrol at 8-9 Kmpl.
If not for the price, do it for the safety. I have seen how these chaps handle cars. First they are driven down to their sockyard, then loaded. Unloaded far away and driven down to your destination. At times, the drivers are barely old enough to get a license let alone have experience of driving a car.

If you must, get in touch with car carriers coming loaded from north India like Maruti, Honda, etc. and ask them to carry your car but keys won't be handed over. You will load and unload yourself. A friend had send an old Merc like this from Mumbai to Bangalore. We went to the city outskirts to load the car ourselves at a very late hour - the car was loaded first (inside most position) and locked in. The keys were not handed over and my friend sent the keys with someone travelling separately. Took about 5 days to deliver.
Old 11th October 2019, 15:24   #364
Senior - BHPian

Do you know of any reasonable and reliable agents who can ship a touch screen kiosk from HongKong to India?
Old 11th October 2019, 15:43   #365
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I've received a quote of 19k from Agarwal, but there is room for negotiation. The local movers have quoted in the range of ~13k.
It's way too high a quote to cover that distance. Bangalore to Mumbai is roughly 1000km plus minus depending on where you are going in Mumbai.

My car came to Dehradun two months ago from Bangalore (2300km plus) with Agarwal Packers and Movers Ltd. I paid 22k all inclusive.

I did Bangalore - Mumbai few times and its better to drive down comfortably. Leave Bangalore early morning (5/5.30am) and with couple of stops you'll be in Mumbai before 11pm.
Old 16th October 2019, 08:28   #366
Senior - BHPian

Folks - anyone here have experience moving stuff from Singapore to India ( Chennai ) ? Looking for something economical because my company is not picking up this cost. Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 10:33   #367
Senior - BHPian

I had moved from India (Pune) to singapore using Agarwal.
Old 16th October 2019, 14:00   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I plan to ship my CR-V from Bangalore to Mumbai.

I've received a quote of 19k from Agarwal, but there is room for negotiation. The local movers have quoted in the range of ~13k.

All of them claim to use car carriers. Does it make sense to pay the 50% premium to Agarwal?
When I was moving from Kolkata to Noida, I asked around and Agarwal quoted 18k for the 1500 Km journey. Quite expensive in my opinion. Eventually, I drove down with the help of fellow bhpians JKDS and Altocumulus.
Old 16th October 2019, 14:28   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
When I was moving from Kolkata to Noida, I asked around and Agarwal quoted 18k for the 1500 Km journey. Quite expensive in my opinion. Eventually, I drove down with the help of fellow bhpians JKDS and Altocumulus.
Yes agree, Pancham. Though, they have since come down to 15k.

However, I've heeded the advice given by Blackwasp and Rudra and will now drive down to Mumbai next week. The risk is just not worth taking.
Old 15th December 2019, 14:42   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
It's way too high a quote to cover that distance. Bangalore to Mumbai is roughly 1000km plus minus depending on where you are going in Mumbai.

My car came to Dehradun two months ago from Bangalore (2300km plus) with Agarwal Packers and Movers Ltd. I paid 22k all inclusive.

I did Bangalore - Mumbai few times and its better to drive down comfortably. Leave Bangalore early morning (5/5.30am) and with couple of stops you'll be in Mumbai before 11pm.
Rudra sir,

I am planning to move my car from Delhi - Bangalore with Agarwal Packers and Movers. I spoke to them and they have assured that a proper documentation will be done with a video of the vehicle while taking delivery. They say a maximum of 10 days it will take to reach their Whitefield office in Bangalore, and it will shipped in a truck that has a capacity to transport 8 vehicles. The driver's number will also be shared. The person I spoke to was pretty informative.

I was pretty confident about them until I read the posts here and now I am not sure about transporting it at all with any vendor. Since you've recently availed Agarawal's services, what do you suggest to me ? I am the only driver and have no company, so driving the vehicle to Bangalore will be a hard task !
Old 16th December 2019, 10:53   #371
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepeshKarnik View Post
I was pretty confident about them until I read the posts here and now I am not sure about transporting it at all with any vendor. Since you've recently availed Agarawal's services, what do you suggest to me ? I am the only driver and have no company, so driving the vehicle to Bangalore will be a hard task!
I can tell you only from my experience with Agarawal and it's been pretty satisfactory. That said, I suggest you can check out other transporters and take a call then.
Old 16th December 2019, 12:42   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepeshKarnik View Post
Rudra sir,

I am planning to move my car from Delhi - Bangalore with Agarwal Packers and Movers. I spoke to them and they have assured that a proper documentation will be done with a video of the vehicle while taking delivery. They say a maximum of 10 days it will take to reach their Whitefield office in Bangalo
I had used http://www.agarwalpackers.com/packer...dpackers.html? (There's more than one) to move my bike from Chandigarh to Bangalore in 2016. They took about ten days and I could track the shipment online. They charged a premium, the packaging and the delivery was good.

I suggest you drive it down to Bangalore. Driving via Bombay, while longer will afford you excellent roadside facilities. Even if you take two overnight breaks it will perhaps be cheaper than shipping it.
Old 30th December 2019, 12:11   #373

Hey Folks,

We are relocating to Gurgaon from Mumbai and are hunting for references of Good packers and movers.
We have used Agarwal packers and movers in the past but their service wasn't satisfactory.
Till date I have spoken to VPL, Vishal cargo , Charry and both the Agrawals. Almost all of these guys have negative reviews.

We are shifting our entire household plus our Bike so looking at someone trustworthy.
Riding the bike is not an option as we are driving down with our dogs in our car.

Any reference will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 10:33   #374
Senior - BHPian

To kickstart my family move to Bangalore from Thane in the month of March 2020, I enquired with Agarwal Packers & Movers about the cost and other formalities was given a quote of 83K for a 2 BHK equivalent stuff. Anybody can confirm whether this is a reasonable quote? The quote is valid for 45 days and can change. What are things I should keep in mind when dealing with APML specifically or for that matter with any other movers and packers. This will be my first usage of the services.

Any other service provider I should be looking for? I have been contacted by Nobroker.in as they too provide the services.
Old 1st January 2020, 12:12   #375
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
...Any other service provider I should be looking for?
We used Buhariwalas for an intra-city move last year. A bit expensive, but top-notch service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks