Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2018, 21:38   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Packers & Movers: Post all queries here

Hello folks,
Need to relocate to Bangalore from Delhi in June and have already started research on the best option to transfer my car there, it is a 2 years old BMW 320D and reading some horror stories online has got me worried.

I can drive it down too but that would be the least convenient thing for me during that time, have sent mails to a couple of transporters to get quotations. The car is literally new and if these guys manhandle the car and cause scratch/dents, then it would be a heartbreak with big bills to pay.

Sending the Vento via transporter but am still wondering if it would be safe to send the bmw through the same route, any help guys, do not want to regret later. Have never used the trucks for any luxury car to be transported so am a bit unsure.
Old 13th April 2018, 00:07   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
if it would be safe to send the bmw through the same route .
DONT. Recently used Agarwal Packers services for my brand new swift to get it down here in Mangalore. They screwed it up big time. If you can drive it by yourself that's the best option in my opinion and it'll be a memorable trip nevertheless.
Old 13th April 2018, 13:22   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
DONT. Recently used Agarwal Packers services for my brand new swift to get it down here in Mangalore. They screwed it up big time. If you can drive it by yourself that's the best option in my opinion and it'll be a memorable trip nevertheless.
Thank you so much, have decided to drive down the car to bangalore, would be a safe option and it would be a memorable trip too as you say. Do not want to take the risks with transporters, would be having sleepless nights for 7-8 days if i take the transport route .
Old 18th May 2018, 09:29   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiaous View Post
shifting from Bangalore to Nashik , please suggest a good movers and packers.
looking for cheaper options as I have to bear the cost
For movement from Bangalore had a good smooth experience with Express Transport Corporation, rates are very reasonable and the Transporter RS Chaudhari is very helpful and trustworthy. Packing team were very professional and did the job to perfection. R S Chaudhri is reachable in bangalore on 9845751320 and 9740091320
They have office in Hyderabad also and tie ups accross small cities.
Earlier i had issues with Lead Packers and movers.
Old 10th July 2018, 11:05   #335
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am moving back to Mumbai from Gurgaon. Will be moving my complete House hold goods (furniture, electronics, appliances, kitchen, clothes) + my car.

while I have reached out to Interem (the one I used for the Mum - Del move), are there others you would recommend? Scared to try agarwal - too many negative reviews.
Old 6th December 2018, 20:23   #336
BHPian

Hello All,

I would need to move my stuff to netherlands in a month's time.

I had started contacting various movers since a month.

By and large all are around 420 - 480 Rs per Kg. Quotes included few variable costs.

On the contrary, India Post is cheapest at around 315 Rs per Kg.

I tried contacting their call centre but as expected, in vain. I paid trips to 2 local post offices and both seemed zapped with my queries. I showed them on their system but the inputs I got were not convincing at all. Both places they mentioned that I better post the parcels at Mumbai Foreign parcel office for reliable delivery.

Grateful to know if anyone has ever used India Post for sending stuff internationally. If so, do they deliver at door steps in Europe or ask the packages to be picked up from post offices.

If anyone here belongs in India Post, would be glad to have contacts of right people for enquiry over phone. Pls PM if so.

Rgds.
Old 10th December 2018, 13:03   #337
BHPian

Guys, need some help.

I need to transport a TV (43 Inch) and a RO from Gurgaon to Mumbai.

Any good recommendations?

Best,
Enigmatic
Old 10th December 2018, 19:57   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post

Grateful to know if anyone has ever used India Post for sending stuff internationally. If so, do they deliver at door steps in Europe or ask the packages to be picked up from post offices.
Don't know about Europe but I shipped nearly 200 kgs of household items to Japan over the last few weeks using India Post.

In fact, I sent everything by EMS Speedpost - all of the boxes reached under a week, door to door. No kidding.

There's a size and weight limit to using the Air Parcel or Speedpost. The Air parcel allows 20 kgs while Speedpost allows 30 kgs (this is for Japan, check what the EU limits are).

The maximum permissible dimension is 1 meter for each side of the package.

Try and split your parcels into smaller boxes (say around 35 cm each side) else you will be charged at volumetric rates (L x B x H/5000 or 6000) which is twice that of regular weight.

The process is very simple. Walk into the post office with your cartons. Say you want to air parcel (cheaper) or speedpost (more expensive) these boxes.

Fill the 'customs' form CP-72. The post office will give this to you. After filling it (each for one box), sign over a photocopy Govt ID proof (Driving license will do) and hand over both to the counter along with the boxes. These will also need to be taped to each box so carry along plenty of packing tape with you. Stick printouts of the 'TO' and .From' address on the boxes.

Each box will require a separate set of CP-72 and ID proof so I recommend that you ship out 4 boxes a day and do this for 7-10 days. Also grab a bunch of CP-72 forms on your first visit so you can fill them at home for the next visit.

Also, buy 50 rolls of brown packing tape and swath them around the boxes - that's the way India post likes 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post

while I have reached out to Interem (the one I used for the Mum - Del move), are there others you would recommend? .
Use Buhariwalas relocation - I can't praise them enough - I used them recently for transporting fragile artwork. They are Mumbai based.

Last edited by Kamen_rider : 10th December 2018 at 20:01. Reason: replied to another quesion.
Old 11th December 2018, 11:24   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen_rider View Post
Don't know about Europe but I shipped nearly 200 kgs of household items to Japan over the last few weeks using India Post.

In fact, I sent everything by EMS Speedpost - all of the boxes reached under a week, door to door. No kidding.
Thanks for elaborate reply. Since yours is hands on experience, definitely seems doable.

After reading your post, just now I called India Post Foreign Parcel office in Mumbai.

Was gracefully told that speed post parcel of 30 kg is not available. On telling him to check a specific link on their own website that shows it as an option got a polite reply that I am the information officer and you are information seeker so what I say is right

He mentioned to make 20 kg boxes and spread the shipment over 4-5 days for my own ease. He mentioned that I need to provide an invoice of the value of the contents to Post office and that they would clear the boxes upon payment of customs. He did not seems aware of Customs waiver.

Looking forward to few more phone calls to finalise as I am sure speed parcel is possible based on your own experience and website.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st July 2019 at 17:28. Reason: Quote size edited.
Old 11th December 2018, 17:42   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post

Looking forward to few more phone calls to finalise as I am sure speed parcel is possible based on your own experience and website.
More phone calls will lead to conflicting information - just land up at your nearby post office tomorrow with a single 15 kg carton, nicely packed with brown tape. Say that you have to speed post it - if the clerk is in any doubt, he/she will ask the superior in the branch and sort it out for you. That will give you a much clearer picture of the process than phone calls.

There are no customs payments to be paid, only the shipping charges. The customs might inspect the boxes at the destination country, but as long you're sending used household effects it should be ok.

The CP 72 form is simple to fill and takes only a minute per form. You'll be filling the left side of the form only. All post offices which sends international mail have this form.

- Write the 'From' and 'To' address on the top left sections. Leave 'Sender's custom reference' field blank.

- Then fill 'detailed description of contents', 'quantity', 'net weight' and 'value'. (put value between INR 500 - 4000) You can get the weight from the counter.

- Leave sections 'International priority' and 'international economy' blank.

- Under 'category of items', checkmark on 'Other' and write a brief description under 'explanation' next to it.

- Leave 'comments (11)' , 'License', 'certificate', 'invoice' sections blank.

- Leave the 'For commercial senders only' section on the right side of the form blank.

- Sign and date in the bottom center field.
Old 27th June 2019, 13:17   #341
BHPian

Help needed from Pune based people. I am shifting residence within Pune and need recommendation for any tried and tested movers and packers.

I have tried local movers earlier but their packing and handling of the goods is shoddy and minor damage is guaranteed.
Old 1st July 2019, 16:56   #342
BHPian

Planning to move my GLS 400 from Noida to Bangalore. Had planned on driving down but my schedule won't allow me for a month or so for this to happen. Now there are two options -
1. Send my driver there and ask him to drive it down (with a FE of 5kmpl in the city, I doubt if this is even feasible).
2. Get a flat-bed/a cargo carrier to carry the car to Bangalore.

Looking forward to hear your inputs on the best option .

Last edited by aah78 : 1st July 2019 at 17:28. Reason: Post fixed.
Old 1st July 2019, 17:44   #343
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka51resident View Post
Looking forward to hear your inputs on the best option .
Very recently my car came from Bangalore to Dehradun with http://www.agarwalpackers.com and must say that my experience has been good.
From Bangalore to Dehradun in 15 days with no visible damage. I paid 22k for it.

You need to give them very clear instructions as dos and don't. In my case they did follow everything as we wanted.
Old 3rd July 2019, 10:33   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Very recently my car came from Bangalore to Dehradun with http://www.agarwalpackers.com and must say that my experience has been good.
From Bangalore to Dehradun in 15 days with no visible damage. I paid 22k for it.

You need to give them very clear instructions as dos and don't. In my case they did follow everything as we wanted.
Thank you! I hope you don't mind me asking if it was in a closed truck or a flat-bed. Will give them a call
Old 3rd July 2019, 11:12   #345
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka51resident View Post
Thank you! I hope you don't mind me asking if it was in a closed truck or a flat-bed. Will give them a call
It was closed container. However car came from Bangalore to Gurgaon and was there for roughly four days (must be on their parking lot) to get another closed container for Dehradun.
Car was full of dust and dried up water droplet marks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks