Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2014, 11:29   #196
BHPian

Re: Packers & Movers: Post all queries here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishka_27 View Post
2) My plan is to go to Bangalore first and get hold of an apartment (on rent) and then ask the movers to do the necessary goods movement. However the problem with that is the fact that my wife will have to monitor all the packings, etc on which I am not too confident. So my question is that do the movers give a buffer time to deliver the stuffs at the target city?
Movers will give you a expected time-frame, which may be from 1 week to 2 weeks. You may be able to find a place before that; in case you're not, do ask them about storage charges. I had my stuff stored at Writer warehouse in Bangalore for around 10 days, for 2K if I remember correctly. That was 3 years back.
Old 12th June 2014, 10:02   #197
BHPian

Shifted from Bangalore to Delhi recently. Tried Sahara movers and packers. Horrible experience

Packing was done good at the source but the following goods were delivered in unacceptable condition.

1. 277 litre fridge (dents on both sides, freezer doors and handle bars)
2. Karizma R (minor scratches on the front, below headlamp)
3. Crockery worth 6k was delivered in broken condition.

http://www.saharapackers.com/

I complained against this on their helpline and following up with them. No response since 2 weeks. Not sure what to do next.

Last edited by OneToughRider : 12th June 2014 at 10:03.
Old 15th June 2014, 22:58   #198

Thanks for the replies. Can someone please share the original Agarwal Packers' website?
Old 22nd June 2014, 20:13   #199
BHPian

For Delhi NCR local shifting, Ashu Rajput is the guy you should be approaching. Professional service at dirt cheap rates. He and his family members have a small outfit. Please don't expect any fancy stuff here ! Ashu can be reached at +91 8744-900148

I recently shifted from Dwarka to Noida and was very satisfied with their services.
Old 23rd June 2014, 16:04   #200
Senior - BHPian

Any suggestions for Chennai local movement? I need to just move about 4kms. But need a professional agency that will take good care of my items. I doubt if the big guys will take up such a short distance assignment.
Old 24th June 2014, 15:07   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishka_27 View Post
Thanks for the replies. Can someone please share the original Agarwal Packers' website?
Here you go - http://www.agarwalpackerss.com

The DRS group is the original group from where Agarwal Packers & Movers was formed. I've personally experienced their services, while I got my household items shifted within the city my parents got a truckload of stuff moved from New Delhi to Mumbai and the experience was great!

They used the packaging material liberally and my family was very satisfied with these guys.

Last edited by fine69 : 24th June 2014 at 15:09.
Old 25th June 2014, 01:27   #202

Thanks fine69. I was waiting for this pointer. Will contact them now.
Old 17th July 2014, 17:52   #203
BHPian

Any reference for local shifting in north bangalore for regular house stuff.
Thanks
Amit
Old 21st July 2014, 14:08   #204
Senior - BHPian

Time to update with my shifting process.

I used Agarwal Packers (I think this is not the original one, since its not the DRS group) website - http://www.agarwalpackers.com/

I am very happy with their services on the Bombay side, they packed everything well. And I needed to ship my bike, and had the bike crate delivered to them at their godown which they got on shifting day. On the day of the shifting my society didn't let me use the lift so paid them extra Rs 2500 as a tip for shifting. They packed everything fast and used good material. But ultimately some of my things have gone missing (detailed below).

The truck did not arrive on the date they said it would, there was a lot of mismatch in communication with the driver and their office on the Delhi end. Not at all professional, I was very worried about my things and loads of frantic calls everywhere.

The moving in was very horrid and chaotic, they absolutely threw my stuff everywhere with no care taken at-all. I was very pissed.

My computer chair wheel was broken, they lost the nuts and bolts for my computer table (which they sent a carpenter to fix) and I cannot find a lot of things from my wardrobe anywhere. No response on their end about the mistakes they've done. And I can't do anything now since payment was 100% advance.

I paid almost 74k for shifting a sparingly furnished 2BHK and my bike. Sharing some pics below.

I will definitely NOT recommend their services, for the price I've paid I am far from satisfied. Their OPS on the Delhi end are absolutely pathetic. The guy I had to co-ordinate with was very rude and I am considering to file a consumer court case to get part of the money I paid back for the things they lost/broke.

Packers & Movers: Post all queries here-photo-1.jpg

Packers & Movers: Post all queries here-photo-2.jpg

Packers & Movers: Post all queries here-photo-3.jpg

Packers & Movers: Post all queries here-photo-4.jpg
Old 21st July 2014, 15:21   #205
BHPian

^^ Why is all pictures upside down ?

BTW, I have used Agarwal the original one when moving from Chennai to Hyderabad. This shifting included complete household articles for a 2BHK along with my friends utensils (2boxes) and 2 bikes. I spent 25k and the packing was top notch. Completed everything in half a day and the third day reached Hyderabad. I didn't opt for arranging the things back except for the cot, fridge and washing machine. This made them leave the cardboard boxes, which ideally should be returned to them.

When moving inside Hyderabad last year, the same guys quoted 15k, which I declined. Organized a local packer and he did just the transportation and unpacking for 5k. BTW, I did the packing with Agarwals boxes.
Old 24th July 2014, 10:11   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Quick Update

Have been in touch with all the Packers & Movers on the thread, and have this to report so far.

Leo had the quickest turnaround time, they did a survey yesterday itself and gave me a quote. A nice gentleman came home and explained the charges to me.

Quoted Rs 75k for everything incl taxes.

Agarwal sent a guy today who got a Tablet along (to show pictures of moving), the seal they use to lock the container and the different materials they use for packing. He was quite enthusiastic and saw the Leo quote lying on the table to tried hard to please. Quite happy with them and am sure can get a few more grand knocked off.

Quoted Rs 73k for everything incl taxes

Writer Corp emailed me a sheet to fill out with items etc. Have sent it back to them lets see their response.

Also would like to add the Leo and Agarwal people gave me a few tips to help with moving. Like they mentioned that I would need to get some special screws for my LG Front Loading washing machine so it doesn't get damaged in transit (which I had to call customer care for) and the Agarwal guy even mentioned that I should empty and shut off the fridge a day before shifting. I didn't know about the machine since I've shifted it twice already (Pune -> Bom and within Bom) without any issues.

Hi Quickdraw,
With which packer did you finally go with?If your shifting has been completed please share your experiences as I am also planning a house shifting from Hyderabad to indore
Old 24th July 2014, 11:08   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Here you go - http://www.agarwalpackerss.com

The DRS group is the original group from where Agarwal Packers & Movers was formed. I've personally experienced their services, while I got my household items shifted within the city my parents got a truckload of stuff moved from New Delhi to Mumbai and the experience was great!

They used the packaging material liberally and my family was very satisfied with these guys.
Hi,
Planning a shift (household) from Hyderabad to Indore.Have contacted a number of packers and movers recommended in this Thread.My experiences so far:
1.Agarwal DRS group-received the quote based on the list sent.quick response but with mistakes in destination and despite follow up not received corrected one.Tried to schedule house visit but they do not seem interested.
Am worried that later they should not revise the bill.
2.Leo Packers-Initial quote received quick followed by revised quote after visit.Packer seems to be professional but quote almost 25%higher.
3.Shivam packers-received intial quote and house visit on time but interaction with them does not inspire confidence.
4.Writers-received a quote which was way higher than all other quotes
Over all I have observed differences in the packers quotes-some show a service tax of 3.09%,some 12.36% and some a service charge of 10%-any idea what is the idea behind the differences.
Some quote for Octroi charges ,some do not quote for it.
Would welcome all inputs and advice and previous experiences as well.
Regards,
Fergus
Old 24th July 2014, 11:14   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus View Post
Over all I have observed differences in the packers quotes-some show a service tax of 3.09%,some 12.36% and some a service charge of 10%-any idea what is the idea behind the differences.
Some quote for Octroi charges ,some do not quote for it.
Would welcome all inputs and advice and previous experiences as well.
Regards,
Fergus
Agarwal-DRS told us a lump sum amount and only the octroi was additional, which I think everyone would have to pay on electronic item transfer.

On the tax front, yes some packers & movers show an additional service, some don't. As a customer you should be considering the final amount told to you inclusive of all taxes etc.
Old 24th July 2014, 17:18   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus View Post
Hi Quickdraw,
With which packer did you finally go with?If your shifting has been completed please share your experiences as I am also planning a house shifting from Hyderabad to indore
I've mentioned it in the post, its the NON DRS Agarwal people. And I am quite certain that I will be taking them to court.
Old 28th July 2014, 15:53   #210

Quickly sharing my experiences given our shifting from Gurgaon to Mumbai has formally come to an end. We considered a couple of companies - Agarwal, Allied, Writers - and finally went with Agarwal (there are two of them - we went with the one that says Limca Book of Records). Their quote was the lowest among the three, and the salesperson was quite responsive.

Day of the move - We had the usual household furniture and a car to transport. They came on time, and packed everything up properly. The quality of packing material was good. One of their drivers came down and picked up the car. They were all done in about 8 hours or so. No major issues here.

In Mumbai - again, came on time, and were fairly professional. They seemed to be in a bit of hurry, but did whatever was asked of them. They unpacked everything in about 4 hours. There were a couple of things that were broken - we pointed those out and clicked pictures for insurance purposes. The car on the other hand had no damage at all - PHEW!!

Up until here, things were alright. Claiming insurance however proved difficult for the broken household goods. We had to write multiple emails, follow up a number of times with the Gurgaon and Mumbai office, before anything happened. Their customer service post-sale is extremely poor.

A couple of pointers, based on my experience:

1) The so called "professional" packers are all pretty much the same. Their prices are quite similar (if someone is way off that mark, that should be a warning sign to you) and their quality of service is also quite the same. That said, do shop around, and try and negotiate, both on the quoted price and other terms and conditions (we got them to keep our household goods for an extended period of time in their warehouse for free).

2) Be prepared for some breakage or damage. No matter how good the packaging is, some damage is bound to happen. Which probably means be sure to take insurance, and aggressively follow up on it later.

3) The way you treat the staff who come to pack your goods will show in the way they pack your stuff. We showed basic courtesy like gave them lunch, kept them hydrated at all times, and did some small talk. It goes a long way to keep their morale. Most of them are contractual employees, who are paid peanuts for the hard labour they do each day, so being nice helps.

4) Try and shift over the weekday as opposed to the weekend. Most packers have their hands full on weekends and are in a hurry. Labor is short and the ones that come need to also pack 1-2 other houses in the same day. Weekdays are less busy for them, so they'll likely do a better job.

5) Document everything and photograph everything. It comes in handy later when things go wrong, and you need to prove otherwise.

Hope this helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks