Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2013, 12:14   #151
BHPian

Re: Packers & Movers: Post all queries here

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I think Aggarwals and gati are part of the same family. Two brothers handling same type of businesses.
Could be. I have had stuff sent by Gati, which has been delivered by DTDC, which I always thought was a courier company. Its quite scary - because basically what is happening is that the branding counts for nothing. If you have had good experiences with any of the movers and packers, then thats most likely because one was lucky, or conversely unlucky. Since most of us don't even visit the offices of the company, we are basically relying on a piece of paper - rather than on any actual designated person whom you can hold to task. First couple of times, when I moved cities, I used to just call JustDial for numbers of movers and packers.

Now I have started being more cautious - I try and visit the office. I try and make sure that the company is going to send it by a direct truck, not have it unloaded in one city, and then loaded again (like when I am shifting stuff back home to Orissa, someones the truck will go to AP/WB, and then another truck gets it to Orissa - tracking it down is a logistical nightmare). Make sure that the address to which it is being sent specifically mentions which floor (and says paid for transport to that floor) - otherwise you are looking at paying absurd tips which are demanded.

And packing. Bottomline - packing is your concern. Assume that the movers and packers will transport it very roughly, as they don't have any brand loyalty (for reasons stated above). How thoroughly they pack is something you should be concerned about and check, and not leave it to them unsupervised.
Old 5th May 2013, 19:08   #152
BHPian

Over the past 6 years, i have utilised the services of Packers and Movers 5 times. This has been due to the transferable nature of my job. My household possessions take up one 20 feet container truck (full truckload).The names of the Packers and Movers i have used are as follows.

1) Leo packers (movement for Hyderabad to Mumbai)
2) Buhariwalas (movement from Mumbai to Ahmedabad)
3) Shivam Packers (movement from Ahmedabad to Mumbai)
4) Ashish packers (Local movement in Mumbai)
5) Agarwal Packers & Movers (movement from Mumbai to Bangalore)

Out of the above five the best (in my opinion) has been Leo Packers and Movers.

The latest movement was just 15 days back when i used Agarwal Packers and Movers which, though very highly recommended, only flatters to decieve due to the following reasons :-

1) Constant supervision required over packing, otherwise the packers tend to cut corners and stuff everything in the same box (when you are not looking).
2) There is no 'SPOC' (single point of contact). In case of any queries, you are directed to various persons and each of them shrugs responsibility
3) The fact mentioned under '2' above is amplified due to the "couldnt care less" attitude once your cheque for the payment is received in advance by them and it is encashed.
4) The truck deliberately reaches the destination late in the afternoon / evening. This ploy is used as the unloaders/unpackers can do a shoddy job in the remaining 'working hours' and scoot off. Repeated requests to send the truck in the morning fell on deaf ears.
5) Everybody (packers, supervisors, driver, unloaders, unpackers) at both the loading and unloading location demand "tips". This approach is simlar to that of lesser known packers and movers.
6) The furniture which was dismantled and transported was never assembled back by them. I was assured that a "carpenter" would come and assemble the same but over a period of 4 days and 5 calls, nobody turned up. Ultimately after sleeping on the floor for 4 nights, i got the stuff assembled by local carpenters at my cost.
7) Though the company boasts of a lot of certifications and honours - there is no provision to register a customer complaint!! Check the website
http://www.agarwalpackers.com/packer...FY5A6wodcE0AHw

To be fair, all the household stuff was delivered without any damage but the above issues which I have faced alongwith the 'premium' tag attached to this company (it quotes more than any of the above packers and movers) has left me feeling disappointed.

Definitely would not recommend Agarwal packers & movers to anybody.
Old 15th May 2013, 14:52   #153
BHPian

Hello All,

I am going to need to shift to Pune, from Bangalore, in late June 2013.

Can someone on the forum please suggest a suitable Movers and Packers, which scores high on the RELIABILITY quotient?

Also, I have a 47 inches LED TV, which I am reluctant to hand over to the Movers and Packers to handle. Any suggestions?

I plan to drive down to Pune in my car rather than transporting it in a truck.

Thanks in advance!
Old 16th May 2013, 20:10   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Hello All,

I am going to need to shift to Pune, from Bangalore, in late June 2013.

Can someone on the forum please suggest a suitable Movers and Packers, which scores high on the RELIABILITY quotient?

Also, I have a 47 inches LED TV, which I am reluctant to hand over to the Movers and Packers to handle. Any suggestions?

I plan to drive down to Pune in my car rather than transporting it in a truck.

Thanks in advance!
I would recommend Leo Packers and movers. Also you can give your LCD Tv to the packers. They normally pack it quite safely in a wooden crate with lots of insulation material. Your plan of driving the car is good considering that the car is most prone to damages during transit. Refer to my post on my experience in this thread.
Old 17th May 2013, 11:54   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev1 View Post
I would recommend Leo Packers and movers. Also you can give your LCD Tv to the packers. They normally pack it quite safely in a wooden crate with lots of insulation material. Your plan of driving the car is good considering that the car is most prone to damages during transit. Refer to my post on my experience in this thread.
Thanks for your response, Rajeev!

I don't have the ability to PM till I reach a certain number of posts, however, would you mind sharing the cost that Agarwal Packers and Movers quoted for your move?

I called Leo yesterday and they roughly quoted INR 35,000 for Bangalore to Pune, however, the final amount will be decided only after the Surveyor visits my apartment.

Also, is there any scope of bargaining considering that they generally start from a higher quote?

Thanks!
Old 17th May 2013, 19:55   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post

Thanks for your response, Rajeev!

I don't have the ability to PM till I reach a certain number of posts, however, would you mind sharing the cost that Agarwal Packers and Movers quoted for your move?

Thanks!
Since you are unable to PM me, drop in your cell number to my personal email Ganesh.rajeev@gmail.com and I will call you back. I shall share the information you require.
Old 27th May 2013, 09:31   #157
BHPian

Re: Shipping Single Luggage Bag to Mumbai?

I would be traveling by car to Mumbai, and i do not have space for a samsonite 29" luggage. So my thoughts were to use the regular bus service from B'lore - M'bai to ship this single baggage. Is this possible? I would like to collect the baggage at Gokulanand near Dahisar(E). Pl. suggest on possible travel operators who can help me with this in B'lore.

Thanks!
Old 11th June 2013, 11:43   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Review on Leo Packers & Movers, Bangalore:

Absolutely pathetic! I have dealt with a guy called Kumar from Leo Packers Bangalore who moved my things from Bangalore to Chennai and I had to go through the following ordeal:

1. All my things arrived 3 days later than promised.

2. No apologies whatsoever.

3. Lies, lies and more lies on arrival dates and times throughout the 3 day ordeal.

4. Abused over the phone, asked why I was calling so many times, calls NEVER picked up.

5. Was told that for the money I was paying, this was the service I would get.

NEVER use these guys. The risk is just too much. Or atleast don't deal with a certain Kumar there.
Old 20th June 2013, 13:06   #159
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for a good "packers and movers" for a local move in Bangalore. The quote given By Aggarwal is way out of my budget. Since I don't have any delicate/costly furniture, it does not make sense to go for such costly ones. The 2 houses are just 6.5 KMs apart.

If there are any ones that I should avoid, please mention them.

Thanks in advance.
Old 20th June 2013, 17:44   #160
BHPian

Please avoid service from Express Packers & Movers, i had recently availed home relocation service for movement from Bangalore to Chennai and im highly dissatisfied.
Old 29th August 2013, 20:31   #161
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Plan to shift my household articles from Bangalore to Mangalore. Went through the entire thread, got the idea that Leo, Agarwal, Transworld and RK are the good ones, however on checking with each of them, I found them to be too expensive. They are charging approx 35K + Tax (12.36%) + Insurance (3% of declared value of goods). Which seems like a bit too much for a normal 2 BHK house articles + one two wheeler. Suggestion please on more realistic ones say in the range of 20-25K.
One point though since I will be moving out of country we requested for articles to be packed such that they can stored for like 1-2years. Most guys quoted an extra 4-6K for this special packaging.
Inputs please.
Old 30th August 2013, 10:01   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarunM View Post
Hi Guys,

Plan to shift my household articles from Bangalore to Mangalore. Went through the entire thread, got the idea that Leo, Agarwal, Transworld and RK are the good ones, however on checking with each of them, I found them to be too expensive. They are charging approx 35K + Tax (12.36%) + Insurance (3% of declared value of goods). Which seems like a bit too much for a normal 2 BHK house articles + one two wheeler. Suggestion please on more realistic ones say in the range of 20-25K.
One point though since I will be moving out of country we requested for articles to be packed such that they can stored for like 1-2years. Most guys quoted an extra 4-6K for this special packaging.
Inputs please.
You can try Raffles Movers Pvt Ltd
110/4, Kundalahalli Main Road,
ITPL Road Brook Field, Bangalore-560037, India
Tel: (91) 80 2849 5452 Fax: (91) 80 2849 5454
Email: robin@rafmover.com Website: www.rafmover.com

I used their service when I shifted to a new house 2 months back and found them to be very professional.
Old 31st August 2013, 16:42   #163
BHPian

Thanks Pramod, will check out these guys.
Old 31st August 2013, 16:59   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarunM View Post
will check out these guys.
Ideally these people should come to your house and see the items an then give you the quotation. Which is what agarwal and leo do.
The 3 percent insurance I guess isn't really needed if you want to save money. The difference is that the top guys use even better packing materials and corner cardboard pieces to pack furniture where as the cheaper guys bring cardboard by bulk and just pack somehow. I used Sahara packers from banglore to madras the experience was satisfactory except you need to sit and watch everything getting packed. Something that you should specify is how much and how many things you want bubble wrapped.
Old 10th January 2014, 22:22   #165
BHPian

Reviving the thread after a long time.
Well, I recently used Agarwal Packers & Movers for my shifting from Navi-Mumbai to Kochi. I would rate them the following:

1. Price Quote: 3/5
2. Communication: 5/5
3. On time arrival @ source: 5/5
4. Attitude of packing staff: 4.5/5
5. Skill when packing: 4.5/5
6. Packing quality: 5/5
7. Skill when loading: 4/5
8. On time arrival @ destination: 5/5
9. Skill when unloading: n/a (in Kerala, the local union guys take care of the unloading)
10. Skill when unpacking: 4.5/5
11. Attitude of unpacking staff: 5/5
12. Condition of goods @ destination: 5/5
13. Value for money: 5/5

Overall Rating: 5/5

I received quote from Leo as well, which was higher than Agarwal!
Didnt check out the rest as I had serious doubts about their commitment (some didn't bother to call back or come for visit at the appointed hour) & quality of packing materials. Let me know incase anyone has any questions.

Most Viewed