Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2012, 00:28   #1996
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

I had sizzlers from Kobe in Koramangala. It was nice. I am not sure which block is that, but the road in which Kotak Mahindra Bank is there [one way]. You have Just Bake also in the same road.

For sizzlers, another outlet is Juke Box in Koramangala - opposite to HDFC bank [Raheja Arcade]. Remember: This is more of a bachelors eat out & may not be suitable for a family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
My colleague wants to take his fiancee out for lunch this sunday.

Requirement:
Vegetarian
Calm/Romantic ambience
Budget : Around 3-4 K
South Indies in Indira Nagar is a good place. However I am not sure how much does it score on the romantic ambiance - but peaceful. You would NOT need this kind of budget as well.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd January 2012 at 00:31.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 12:46   #1997
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

South Indies in Indira Nagar is a good place. However I am not sure how much does it score on the romantic ambiance - but peaceful. You would NOT need this kind of budget as well.
I honestly wouldn't recommend South Indies.

It's hugely overpriced, the food lacks that certain 'taste-quotient', and the ambiance is a bit confused, I'd say. It's a bit like dialed-down home-food (which is always good but..) with a 5-Star price-tag.
Old 2nd January 2012, 12:52   #1998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
I wonder if it's possible to create a database here of all the eateries. It's tough to go through all these posts when I'm hungry...
right, based on the geographical area, with a small description can help a lot.
Old 2nd January 2012, 12:56   #1999
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
California Pizza Kitchen or CPK is set to open in Bangalore. It's in Phoenix Market City on old madras road after whitefield Honda.

Also there is Sbarro and Chilies in the same mall.
I'm surprised that noone here knows about or is not interested in CPK.
Old 2nd January 2012, 13:06   #2000
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Viddy,

I meant to ask you, but wanted to avoid cluttering the page with my profile details and post for the n'th time!

Please tell me where exactly this place is? I've heard of this Market City. How big are the pizzas and what are they like? I've had the pizzas at Toscano and they're pretty good. How does it compare to Toscano's pizzas? And the bill?
Old 2nd January 2012, 13:30   #2001
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am very interested. I had gone to CPK in Washington DC about 3 years back. Loved the food. And when I went to Bombay in September, I specifically went to CPK and loved it again!

The only problem is CPK will be in Whitefield. It's too damn far for me. I will wait until another branch opens somewhere in the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Viddy,

I meant to ask you, but wanted to avoid cluttering the page with my profile details and post for the n'th time!

Please tell me where exactly this place is? I've heard of this Market City. How big are the pizzas and what are they like? I've had the pizzas at Toscano and they're pretty good. How does it compare to Toscano's pizzas? And the bill?
The pizzas are better than Toscano's IMHO. It's quite expensive. My sister and me had gone to CPK in Bombay and I paid 2k. 2 starters, one pizza, one pasta-something and one lemonade.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 2nd January 2012 at 14:03. Reason: merge merge merge. consecutive posts that is.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 14:08   #2002
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Viddy,

Phoenix market city is just after Whitefield Honda when you go towards Whitefield from KR Puram. On the right will be Whitefield Honda and you will see this huge mall on the left ahead. It's before Brigade Metropolis and Prestige Shanthiniketan.

In US especially in California it is a very popular place to go to for Pastas and Pizzas. I can't remember a single dish I did not like.

Plus if your a veggie like me they had a quite a few options in the menu in the States which meant I literally survived on CPK since I love italian food.

I've only seen the sign and don't even know if it has opened yet but just the sign got me excited.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 19:37   #2003
BHPian

Quote:
^^ You must try Woodstock.

It's located on Indiranagar Double Road, roughly 300-400 meters after ESI Hospital. Fantastic food and wonderful ambiance. If you're into classic-rock and that sorta thing.
Could not resist. So lunched there today . Its a pretty good place. Initially thought its gonna be very cramped. Took a table in the balcony. Minus the noise from the road, all about this place is good. Tried the sizzlers, and they were good, better than kobe. Very customer friendly too. Should be going back for a leisurely dinner soon. I recommend the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
My colleague wants to take his fiancee out for lunch this sunday.

Requirement:
Vegetarian
Calm/Romantic ambience
Budget : Around 3-4 K

I suggested GrassHopper on Bannergatta road, Any other suggestion friends?
Im sure they would have had their romantic lunch. still, Grasshopper is really good in terms of ambiance, Not many replicate that. I would suggest Little Italy in Koramangala. Its just behind Manchester United opp forum.

Quote:
Phoenix market city is just after Whitefield Honda when you go towards Whitefield from KR Puram. On the right will be Whitefield Honda and you will see this huge mall on the left ahead. It's before Brigade Metropolis and Prestige Shanthiniketan.

In US especially in California it is a very popular place to go to for Pastas and Pizzas. I can't remember a single dish I did not like.

Plus if your a veggie like me they had a quite a few options in the menu in the States which meant I literally survived on CPK since I love italian food.

I've only seen the sign and don't even know if it has opened yet but just the sign got me excited.
Had been to phoenix last week and it seems there are many more eateries coming up there. No clue on the dates of CPK launch .
Old 2nd January 2012, 20:02   #2004
BHPian

Quote:
If I may..

I'm not sure if there are any places in Indiranagar, but the ultimate VFM continental restaurant in Bangalore in undoubtedly Veeks & Thomas. They have several branches around Bangalore. A few in Jayanagar and one in Koramangala. The food they serve is fantastic for the amount they charge!
+1
I got a menu inlet in newspaper once and I was delighted to see pastas close to where I stay. This was when Thomas & Veekes opened their outlet on Sarjapur road. Confirmed a 'go ahead' after a quick check in this thread

Already been there twice and I am loving it. Tried 'Pasta in white pepper sauce' and it was yummy. Quantity was pretty decent. Also tried Chicken steak and it was really good.

But the place looked empty on both occasions. Still to catch up in this part of the town, I guess.

Now, I can give La-casa a skip for European food.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 20:44   #2005
BHPian

Has anyone tried Au Bon Pain in JP Nagar?
Old 3rd January 2012, 12:58   #2006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Has anyone tried Au Bon Pain in JP Nagar?
Hi Rajesh, I have tried the J.P.Nagar outlet and i would prefer the French Loaf located at I.G. Circle the quality of food is much better compared to Au Bon Pain. although the service is quick and pricing is almost similar at both the outlets i stil opt for French loaf, you can say I got the french connection

-Sajan
sajands is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 13:11   #2007
BHPian

This is a generic question.

Is there any rule that specifies how much can a restaurant/bar charge for a food item/beverage?

Say for eg , a soft drink which is available at Rs 15 in the general market is priced at Rs 40 or even Rs 100 in different outlets.

Same is the case with beverages / food items too. I wonder why should a plate of onion rings cost Rs 190 ??? A plate of peanut masala costs Rs 40 in Restaurant A and 160 in Restaurant B !!!

Isnt there any governance on these or is it at the whims and fancies of the restaurant management ?
mannubhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 13:20   #2008
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post

Is there any rule that specifies how much can a restaurant/bar charge for a food item/beverage?

Say for eg , a soft drink which is available at Rs 15 in the general market is priced at Rs 40 or even Rs 100 in different outlets.

Same is the case with beverages / food items too. I wonder why should a plate of onion rings cost Rs 190 ??? A plate of peanut masala costs Rs 40 in Restaurant A and 160 in Restaurant B !!!

Isnt there any governance on these or is it at the whims and fancies of the restaurant management ?
Restaurants are free to set their prices. If you feel its overpriced, you can go to some other restaurant.
for example, in many 5 star restaurants, a dish containing 3 potatoes with market value of 4rs, costs 700rs.

In a free market economy such things are not regulated.
Old 3rd January 2012, 14:56   #2009
Senior - BHPian

Please suggest some restaurant (in and around Koramangala) for a romantic dinner to celebrate my first wedding anniversary.

Rohan
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:37   #2010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post

This can give some insight into some of your questions.
The price of eating out: Why that steamed rice costs a bomb | Firstpost

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks