Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2008, 19:53   #136
Senior - BHPian

The Mumbai crowd really rocked - of all the matches I have seen. Packed and boy, were they loud and clear.

And now look at the Hyderabad crowd. The whole stadium is empty !!
Old 22nd April 2008, 20:22   #137
BHPian

Ahah!!! Sehwag seen so many Rs 1000 notes that he has forgot to differentiate between the head and tail of the coin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
The Mumbai crowd really rocked - of all the matches I have seen. Packed and boy, were they loud and clear.

And now look at the Hyderabad crowd. The whole stadium is empty !!

soon they will start paying to Public to come and watch the matches.

Amit.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 22nd April 2008 at 20:37. Reason: use the edit function to add to your post instead of making multiple posts
Old 22nd April 2008, 20:42   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Ahah!!! Sehwag seen so many Rs 1000 notes that he has forgot to differentiate between the head and tail of the coin.

Amit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani
Whether IPL or ICL its all about fooling people and making money. Everybody in IPL is making whether its players or ground men.
In the last match the Flood lights went off, IMO it was all pre-planned to create the interest of the viewer and buy some more air time for the advertisements. I am pretty sure they will be many more items like these in the next coming days.

Amit
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani
Hi,

Trust me buddy they will be paying money for the spectators to come and watch their matches as they will be looking for live auidences to show on the camera.
I hope you would have seen the strenght of the crowd in case of ICL.

Amit
From all your posts in this thread, it seems you do not like the sport of cricket. And you really are trying hard to be paid to go and watch some T20 matches
Old 22nd April 2008, 20:53   #139
BANNED

I think this is more true for Laxman than Dravid, after his 2nd successive failure in T20.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Why did somebody write this? Rahul, you beauty...
Old 22nd April 2008, 22:31   #140
Senior - BHPian

Knights XI and Deccan Charges are both quite strong on paper but surprised they are not doing that well !
Old 22nd April 2008, 22:43   #141
BANNED

Deccan Chargers 142/8 (20/20 ov)
Delhi Daredevils 143/1 (13.0/20 ov)

Delhi Daredevils won by 9 wickets
V Sehwag 94 off 41 with 10 fours and 6 sixes

He took 30 runs of Symonds - the most expensive in this tournament.

Either Tests Or ODIs Or T20, Sehwag remains to most feared batsman .
Old 22nd April 2008, 23:20   #142
Senior - BHPian

The big 3 - Gilly, Symo and Afridi better start firing if the Chargers have to get off the mark. Sharma was classy. This guy needs a permanent ODI berth. And yes, that man Sehwag..what can one say! Taking his own words, 'if it is my day, no one can stop me..' !!!!
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:40   #143
BANNED

Unsportive behaviour by Hyderbad fans

Unsportive behaviour by Hyderbad fans

Yesterday when Sehwag completed his 50, he raised his bat. But there was stunned silence. The crowd did not acknowledge his effort. Sehwag was taken aback by this pathetic behaviour .

Wasn't it the first Man of the Match for an Indian? Why have the Hyderbad fans come to the stadium? To cheer Symonds and his fellas?

Sehwag rubbed salt on wounds when he plundered 30 runs of Symonds over to finish the match in 13 overs.

Think of it, 94 off 41 - just one blow away for the fastest hundred. Still 7 overs left in the match. he could easily have been the highest Twenty20 scorer.

Just as amitpunjani feels, the audience in the stadium may not be cricket fans but paid audience, like in TV shows, who laugh when the director raises his hand. They must have been missing the director in the stadium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:45   #144
BHPian

Sorry for going O.T but does anyone know the name of the song featured in the new vodafone customer care ad
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:46   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
The big 3 - Gilly, Symo and Afridi better start firing if the Chargers have to get off the mark. Sharma was classy. This guy needs a permanent ODI berth. And yes, that man Sehwag..what can one say! Taking his own words, 'if it is my day, no one can stop me..' !!!!
Rohit Sharma justifies his talent. He is touted as the next big thing in Indian cricket alongside the other newcomers. I like the way he places his innings. Yesterday, he took time to come to terms with the wickets falling around and the pitch behavior. After that, he was unstoppable. Some of the shots he hit were pure bliss. Bole toh majaa aa gaya!
Old 23rd April 2008, 13:07   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Rohit Sharma justifies his talent. He is touted as the next big thing in Indian cricket alongside the other newcomers.

He sure is a terrific talent, but he needs sunny granpa's blessings to prosper in Indian cricket or he might find himself out of the IPL too. I remember reading a write up by our famous batsman saying that 'people like R.Sharma should be relegated to the state ranji sides & made to play there, only then they will not take their places for granted.'
Pure nonsense, i would say.
Old 23rd April 2008, 13:08   #147
Senior - BHPian

Well so true. Sehwag was shocked to hear absolute silence from the crowd but what else to expect when you try to make it like club football do you expect someone from another club to cheer when rooney scores against arsenal as he is a English footballer? Na i think. SO this behaviour will follow.

By the way did anyone notice this on the first match. When there was a closeup of Mr Pawar sitting in the stands there was this poster behind him saying " Kingfisher Draught Beer Served Here"
Old 23rd April 2008, 13:57   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
He sure is a terrific talent, but he needs sunny granpa's blessings to prosper in Indian cricket or he might find himself out of the IPL too. I remember reading a write up by our famous batsman saying that 'people like R.Sharma should be relegated to the state ranji sides & made to play there, only then they will not take their places for granted.'
Pure nonsense, i would say.
I agree. Thats utter nonsense coming from a person who is so highly regarded in cricketing circles. How can he not see talent in Rohit Sharma, when mere mortals like I and you can see it . Thats a shocker for me! IMHO, Sharma has always played well, ever since he made his debut. In the recently concluded ODI series in Australia, he gave a decent account of himself as well. What else does grandpa want??? Beats me!
Old 23rd April 2008, 14:56   #149
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
'people like R.Sharma should be relegated to the state ranji sides & made to play there, only then they will not take their places for granted.'
Is it due to the fact that R Sharma is not a native mumbaikar/maharashtrian?
Old 23rd April 2008, 15:12   #150
BANNED

Do you guys even bother listening to what Mr. Gavaskar has to say ??? You gotta be crazy if you do ...

As for Sehwag being dissapointed ... he needs to realise that this is club cricket and the club doesnt see him as Indian or Symonds as Aussie -- they see Sehwag as a Delhiite and Symonds as a Hyderabadi so obviously the home crowd will not appreciate their team getting slammed . These are factors that will take time to settle in wth both players and fans . So Sehwag .. excellent innings but unfortunately you have no rights to be miffed at the crowds .

And I wonder how come the IPL hasn't been ganged up against by the so called MORAL POLICE of the INDIAN PUBLIC -- against the cheer girls dancing on the sidelines wearing some really sexy outfits or are the various guys busy leching themselves at the girls ???

Back to the action .. IPL is here to stay and was really needed as this will allow parents to let their kids look at cricket as a career and even if they don't make it to the Indian Xis , they can justify all teh hard work by playing well at Club level . Im already hoping my 2 month old brat has a bit of my sporting genes in him ;-) !!

Im cheering for the Punjab XIs :-) !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks