Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2008, 22:32   #121
Senior - BHPian

Whatever people say - I feel IPL works best for working people. Come home around 8, get a can of chilled beer from the freezer and take position on a beanbag, put your feet up and watch cricket.

Takes about 3 hours - people can finish dinner in that time and be fresh after the match and give some attention to their wives / kids after that..but if the wives decide to torture the husbands with those 11 pm serials then...lol

Last edited by normally_crazy : 21st April 2008 at 22:34.
Old 21st April 2008, 22:42   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Takes about 3 hours - people can finish dinner in that time and be fresh after the match and give some attention to their wives / kids after that..but if the wives decide to torture the husbands with those 11 pm serials then...lol
Dude, do you think the kids will be up and awake untill the end of match. Atleast, this is not the case with me. With the matches starting at 8 pm, it will end at 11.30 ~12.00 am and everybody would have slept by that time.
Old 22nd April 2008, 09:34   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whatever people say - I feel IPL works best for working people. Come home around 8, get a can of chilled beer from the freezer and take position on a beanbag, put your feet up and watch cricket.
N_C Totally agree with you. You forgot to add Pringles with a can of Draught Beer ! IPL timings are perfect IMO.
Old 22nd April 2008, 09:47   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
One more thing, the TV anchors, they suck!
Jadeja was pathetic yesterday. Didn't do a great job at all.
I saw the Kings XI Punjab vs Rajasthan Royals match yesterday. I dont think Jadeja was commentating, but whoever was having the mike, was doing a very shoddy job. No enthusiasm in their voice and no clue as to what was happening in the game. Every fielder looked like Yuvraj to them. Commentary was a total disappointment.
And the channel was very quick on the button to show ads as well, which was another very disjointing experience.
To top it all off, cameramen most of the times couldnt keep the b@ll in the picture frame.
All the money went into adding glitz to the event, ignoring the basic aspects of telecasting a match it seems.
If this is how things are going to be, then i will give IPL a miss then.
Old 22nd April 2008, 13:39   #125
BANNED

People are found supporting their cities. They don't care who plays, but want their city to win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Where do I place my loyalty?
Today is Delhi vs Hyderabad. Who wins?
Old 22nd April 2008, 13:46   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
People are found supporting their cities. They don't care who plays, but want their city to win.
Normally_cricket or some other sport would work that way. But it feels weird to be booing Wasim Jaffer and cheering for say, Jayasurya in the name of supporting Mumbai.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 22nd April 2008 at 13:47.
Old 22nd April 2008, 14:58   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Normally_cricket or some other sport would work that way. But it feels weird to be booing Wasim Jaffer and cheering for say, Jayasurya in the name of supporting Mumbai.
If you like your city where you stay or where you belong to, then you have to do it there is no choice Or otherwise, you need to support another city with your favourite player, you need to cheer for them.
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:36   #128
F50
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday's match was really nice. Both the Shanes were on top. Fantastic bowling by Warnie and Watson finished in style.
Today, I want to see some fireworks from other Aussies, Gilly and Roy. And some good and tight bowling by McGrath.

Quote:
I agree with all of you on the vodafone ads with a loud soundtrack in between the deliveries. Distracting to the core.
Ya it was irritating. I used to hit Mute button as soon as I see a part of screen Red! But they have got it sorted. From past 2 matches its very low.

Quote:
Good for us. But there are many who has only 1 TV and their better half picks up the same can and hits the people. Why? Because they are not able to watch their Prime Time Daily Soaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Every fielder looked like Yuvraj to them. Commentary was a total disappointment.
Lol. Yes, I guess it was Greg Chappel, who made the mistake. He apologized too. I guess Aussie Commentators are the best. Richie Benaud, Ian Chappel, Dean Jones, Bill Lawry, Tony Greg(Englishman but now Aussie)

Quote:
But it feels weird to be booing Wasim Jaffer and cheering for say, Jayasurya in the name of supporting Mumbai.
Yes, in yesterday's match Shreesanth was getting few booooos from the crowd. But seriously dont understand what does he think of himself? Out 24 only 1 ball is on the line. And he is not even as lethal as Brett Lee. Rubbish, Ridiculous and Overacting from Shreesanth. I guess he should be fined and even the captain.
Old 22nd April 2008, 16:05   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Yes, in yesterday's match Shreesanth was getting few booooos from the crowd. But seriously dont understand what does he think of himself? Out 24 only 1 ball is on the line. And he is not even as lethal as Brett Lee. Rubbish, Ridiculous and Overacting from Shreesanth. I guess he should be fined and even the captain.

F50: Very very well said about Shreesanth, sometimes he kind of does it too much, like when he was hit for a 6 and the next was a dot ball, where he fielded down the pitch and staring at the batsman, then again got hit for a 4. Why was'nt he staring at the batsman when he hit him on two ocassions?? lols
Old 22nd April 2008, 16:12   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
If you like your city where you stay or where you belong to, then you have to do it there is no choice Or otherwise, you need to support another city with your favourite player, you need to cheer for them.
I like my city, and my favourite player is number 10 -- Mallya. Coincidentally, he is also my favourite drinks boy and my favourite brewer. Always make the right choice!
Old 22nd April 2008, 16:14   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
I like my city, and my favourite player is number 10 -- Mallya. Coincidentally, he is also my favourite drinks boy and my favourite brewer. Always make the right choice!
Woowiee. What a combination. So you are cheering for BRC.
Old 22nd April 2008, 17:17   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Lol. Yes, I guess it was Greg Chappel, who made the mistake. He apologized too. I guess Aussie Commentators are the best.
So Greg's from Bangladesh then??

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Woowiee. What a combination. So you are cheering for BRC.
Nope he's cheering for VJM/UB Group. Smart boy, good choice!
Old 22nd April 2008, 18:34   #133
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
So Greg's from Bangladesh then??
Who says that? And when did I say he was not good?
Aussie bola toh woh aaya hi na?
Greg can give a very good insight on Aussie Players and Indian players, I dont need to say why.
Old 22nd April 2008, 19:32   #134
BANNED

Why did somebody write this? Rahul, you beauty...
Old 22nd April 2008, 19:41   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
F50: Very very well said about Shreesanth, sometimes he kind of does it too much, like when he was hit for a 6 and the next was a dot ball, where he fielded down the pitch and staring at the batsman, then again got hit for a 4. Why was'nt he staring at the batsman when he hit him on two ocassions?? lols
True. He was also trying to match Lee for pace, without luck. Someone should tell him that intensity is built up through good bowling, not intimidation tactics that backfire!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks