Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2008, 15:15   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
wearing some really sexy outfits
Or skimpy outfits?

I was thinking where is our Khaadu. So here he is...btw where had you been? Was missing you in this thread, man. Welcome back.

Last edited by snaronikar : 23rd April 2008 at 15:32.
Old 23rd April 2008, 15:18   #152
Senior - BHPian

Welcome back prodigal khaadu.
You are right, the crowds will be inclined to support only the local teams, this is also magnified by the ads that go on.
Old 23rd April 2008, 15:24   #153
Senior - BHPian

Welcome back khaadu...so very true. I
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:47   #154
Senior - BHPian

Gavaskar talks through his hat most of the times. I mean if you look at the younger lot of players who have been successful at the higher level, have been those who have played less cricket at Ranji level.

Yuvraj, Kaif, Rohit, Pathan -if all of them would have played Ranji, they would have been tigers on Indian grounds and flops at international venues.

Of course this is not true always - there are local kids like Praveen Kumar, Piyush Chawla and Manoj Tiwary who have come up the Ranji way but the faster we get them playing in the internataional arena the better it will be for them and Indian cricket too.
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:51   #155
Senior - BHPian

Back to the IPL

Mumbai plays Chennai today and unless Pollock and Jayasurya shine, I think it will be pretty difficult for Mumbai to beat the Chennai team - but still you never know.

ps - have been reading in all the newspapers about this bowler "Dhaval Kulkarni" from Mumbai, as an India prospect - Bhajji, Sachin, Chanderpaul have written too - but from the little I saw of him - I am absolutely un-impressed. But yes - will watch him closely in this tournament.

For me the find of the IPL (so far as the Indian talent is concerned) has been Karan Goel of Mohali.
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:51   #156
Senior - BHPian

So what is our prediction for today's match? I think the Chennai boys have an edge. After seeing what they did in the previous match, Mumbai will have to pull out something magical to beat the Super Kings.
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:54   #157
Senior - BHPian

Today is sports day as in The Ipl match in the evening and Barca vs Manu at nite. I am rooting for chennai in todays match and i hope they win the toss so we can watch some good belting meted out to the bowlers. All i can say is god answer my prayer
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:54   #158
Senior - BHPian

Yup i agree Chennai has upperhand as of now. Heard Sachin is still unsure.
Jayasurya has to fire! Mumbai doesnt seem to have that strong bowling attack so the batting has to click.
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:02   #159
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Or skimpy outfits?

I was thinking where is our Khaadu. So here he is...btw where had you been? Was missing you in this thread, man. Welcome back.
Om a serious note -- I was busy watching the dancers in their overflowing robes dance on the boundaries , pretty entertaining I must say .

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Gavaskar talks through his hat most of the times
.. most of the times -- whats wrong with you >???? Tell me once when he talked sense , hes still rattled by the fact that his darling Rohan didn't make it anywhere even after him using all his match fixing tactics . Maybe IPL should let him follow his son to the ICL .

Two guys that really impressed me are Virat Kohli & Shikhar Dhawan . Virat Kohli packs quiet a punch while batting and that one catch by him was a stunner . Dhawan on the other hand seems to be a real classical left hander , very stylish and elegant . No bowler has really impressed me so far but its still early days .

Mumbai is gonna steam rolled ... but the Bhajji vs Hayden duel could be a the highlight of the match ! Hope its a tight match -- thats all I want .

Cheers

Last edited by GTO : 23rd April 2008 at 17:52. Reason: Very funny. Sending PM.
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:03   #160
Senior - BHPian

Couldn't manage tickets so far. Anyway, if feel the match is not gonna be that interesting anyway.
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:06   #161
BHPian

On paper and going by the performance of the last match, Chennai Super Kings have the edge. The Mumbai team looks weak in the bowling dept. I see the Mumbai team annihilated in this one!
Old 23rd April 2008, 18:00   #162
BANNED

Prem Panicker writes that Delhi keep it simple
Quote:
Unlike other franchises, which appear to operate on the theory that the key to the prize is to rope in big hitting players from foreign lands, Delhi seems to have staked its title hopes on home-grown talent
Quote:
if not parochialism of the kind club cricket needs as life blood, what then explains the fact that Sehwag took Andrew Symonds, no less, to the cleaners-- and a capacity crowd greeted the fireworks with deafening silence?
Quote:
When, in bizarre fashion, the match referee failed to figure out which side of the coin was head, and accepted Laxman's verdict, Delhi skipper Virender Sehwag came up with a classic: 'It doesn't matter whether you bat first or second, the thing is to bat well,' Sehwag said-- a whole cricket text book distilled to its ineluctable essence.

Last edited by diabloo : 23rd April 2008 at 18:03.
Old 23rd April 2008, 18:06   #163
BANNED

Open Live band??? Open Dance bar???
Quote:
And I wonder how come the IPL hasn't been ganged up against by the so called MORAL POLICE of the INDIAN PUBLIC -- against the cheer girls dancing on the sidelines wearing some really sexy outfits or are the various guys busy leching themselves at the girls ???
Old 23rd April 2008, 21:15   #164
Senior - BHPian

Is Jayasurya injured ? Why isn't he bowling ?

Quote:
Two guys that really impressed me are Virat Kohli & Shikhar Dhawan .
Shikar is awesome - cool and composed. Virat is a talent no doubt but I guess from what I have watched on TV - he is going the Sreesanth way. A bit of a show off I feel. Needs to be told to be more focussed. My 2 cents.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 23rd April 2008 at 21:19.
Old 23rd April 2008, 22:19   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Virat is a talent no doubt but I guess from what I have watched on TV - he is going the Sreesanth way. A bit of a show off I feel. Needs to be told to be more focussed. My 2 cents.
I think Virat is good. But he thinks he s better than he is. Should rather concentrate on the game.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks