Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2019, 18:50   #2911
BHPian

re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
I feel that most of the matches are fixed. I won't watch them these days and prefer tournaments like old Sharjah cup in April
Well everyone's entitled to an opinion. It would take fixing of monumental proportions to carve a result like yesterday.
Spot fixing anyone can do but match fixing is incredibly tough.

I looked at Shreyas in the post match and he quite clearly seemed dumbfounded with what they have done. Ingram & Morris are experienced players in the middle order, they should have kept their heads. One thing, the way the ball was swinging was amazing and when I see that, I usually go; something must be up with that ball. Thoughts?

Also we have the RR vs RCB game, someone's coming off the duck

Last edited by pratyush6 : 2nd April 2019 at 18:53.
Old 2nd April 2019, 19:03   #2912
BHPian

Sometimes I really miss the triangular, quadrangular and other multi-nation one-day tournaments of yore. There was an element of spectacle about them which isn't found in anything other than the ICC tournaments today. Personally, the overdose of cricket has somehow taken the charm out of watching the game on television.
Old 2nd April 2019, 20:49   #2913
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

RCB on the mat Vs RR today, Shreyas Gopal has 3 wickets - Kohli, ABD and Hetmyer
Hetmyer doesn't have a double digit score in 4 matches, why does he keep getting selected each time ? RCB has been pathetic this season thus far, will there be a turnaround at all ?

Last edited by NPV : 2nd April 2019 at 20:51.
Old 2nd April 2019, 22:33   #2914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Hetmyer doesn't have a double digit score in 4 matches, why does he keep getting selected each time ? RCB has been pathetic this season thus far, will there be a turnaround at all ?
Paid over 4 Crs for him maybe that's why? It shouldn't be but maybe, just maybe.
Chahal's got Rahane, not sure which team is celebrating more
Old 3rd April 2019, 06:54   #2915
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

In the end, RCB's fielding let them down, 4 dropped catches in a match that went down to the last ball!

The way RCB has been playing this season, seem to agree with the meme that's doing rounds on WhatsApp - RCB is capable of winning the IPL, but just that they need to work on improving their batting, bowling and fielding

Each match so far, either RCB's batting or bowling or fielding has been the cause for a loss.
Old 3rd April 2019, 07:38   #2916
Team-BHP Support

I think it is time for RCB to look at a new captain. As good as he is on the field, Kohli has failed on the strategic front at RCB - right from the auction to reading the pitch to selecting the playing 11 etc.

RCB needs an overhaul, much like KKR did earlier.
Old 3rd April 2019, 09:18   #2917
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I think it is time for RCB to look at a new captain. As good as he is on the field, Kohli has failed on the strategic front at RCB - right from the auction to reading the pitch to selecting the playing 11 etc.
Absolutely!

I have been watching Star Sports Select 1 (with The Dugout) and I loved some great insights and views shared by folks like Dean Jones, Sangakkara, Brendon McCullum, Anil Kumble, Kevin Petersen, Brett Lee,etc
They've been spot on almost everything and I tend to agree with what they said - Kohli and De Villers are great players but have haven't built a good team over the years (like CSK for example). They have failed to make other players play their own natural game confidently and have in some ways made them feel intimidated by their presence and give in to thinking that without a good performance from these two, no game can be won.
Yesterday's match against RR why did they bowl 7 overs before bringing on Chahal ?

The proof is also there in other things like ex RCB players doing well after moving to other franchises.
Shimron Hetmyer is another example of a good, talented player failing miserably - each time he batted, looked like a deer stuck in the glaring headlights of a truck.

Last edited by NPV : 3rd April 2019 at 09:20.
Old 3rd April 2019, 10:50   #2918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
I feel that most of the matches are fixed. I won't watch them these days and prefer tournaments like old Sharjah cup in April
It is incredibly tough for a game like cricket to get fixed and even if its fixed, there could be only bunch of players who might even don't have the punch to influence the game and in this era of technology, it is easy to get caught doing "Spot fixing" !

As someone above said, it takes monumental efforts to bring majority of the players fall in line and do what the fixers decide and even then, given the nature of the tournament- 2 month long continuous games under incessant monitoring by public and press, it is hard to miss any eerie patterns.

Yea, the cricket may have been tarnished by the fixers 2 decades back , but in a tournament like IPL , it is perilously tough.
Old 3rd April 2019, 12:45   #2919
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riturajsharma19 View Post
Personally, the overdose of cricket has somehow taken the charm out of watching the game on television.
Agree about the overdose of Cricket during IPL especially! I'm sleep deprived during these 2 months as thanks to poor over-rates, matches get over at midnight.

Infact, just going through one of my posts on this thread from last year wherein I've mentioned 2018 was the best edition of IPL. Heck, i don't even remember most of the games today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
RCB needs an overhaul, much like KKR did earlier.
RCB team owners have given too much of a long rope to Virat, getting swayed by the fact that he's also Indian Team's Captain. Having a new coaching staff doesn't guarantee results on the field.

Virat should fake an injury & take rest to prepare for the World Cup i feel. He's already looking mentally fatigued & frustrated!
Appoint Parthiv Patel as RCB captain, if i'm not mistaken he captains Gujarat in the domestic circuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Spot fixing anyone can do but match fixing is incredibly tough.
I think more than the 2, betting is more prevalent. Especially seeing the tense faces during the previous editions of the IPL which is essentially a club game at the end of the day.
Old 6th April 2019, 00:11   #2920
BHPian

I cannot believe the utter garbage that was dished out to Russell. The 3 S's Southee, Stoinis & Siraj were so bad that they could have chased 20 more in the end. RCB's gone for all money from the IPL.

CSK, meanwhile have problems in the fast bowling department. Bravo's out for 2 weeks :(
Lets see it's going to be interesting.
Old 6th April 2019, 00:14   #2921
Distinguished - BHPian

Team game is called team game for a reason. If only 2 or 3 players play in an entire team, this is what happens. Kohli and ABD should bat and even bowl themselves from now on... 66 needed of the last 4, 53 needed of the last 3 and it ends up with 1 run needed off the last over. I'm now expecting 14 losses for Bangalore from here on

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 6th April 2019 at 00:16.
Old 13th April 2019, 23:38   #2922
BHPian

Finally RCB get their first points...

Hard luck there for the Universe Boss. Imagine being stranded on 99

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th April 2019 at 12:00. Reason: multiple dots edited out
Old 15th April 2019, 01:21   #2923
BHPian

Another win for CSK over mighty KKR; Tahir at his best, good that Raina got some touch and Jaddu realised again that he can bat too.
For KKR, things couldn't click as middle order crumbled. After Nidhas trophy, DK thinks he is a big hitter which is against his natural game. In search of 20 - 25 more runs they ended up scroring 20 lesser.

Harakiri by SRH in second game of Sunday; lost 8 wickets for 16 runs. Seemed to be a one sided game going SRH way easily till Bairstow was standing.

Last edited by breezydrive : 15th April 2019 at 01:24. Reason: Spell check
Old 15th April 2019, 22:09   #2924
Team-BHP Support

Any idea why RCB can't get a good set of fast bowlers? Having Siraj and Yadav isn't exactly good strategy.
Old 15th April 2019, 23:17   #2925
BHPian

High time now for Kohli to take a break from IPL or atleast fake an injury, else it might affect his performance as batsman in world cup. Not worried much about his captaincy in WC as Dhoni would be around to help the bowlers bowl & set the field.

Last edited by breezydrive : 15th April 2019 at 23:27. Reason: Content added

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks