Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2021, 22:55   #3211
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Today's match is RCB Vs what looks like RCB B team aka PBKS

KL Rahul is due for a big innings but I hope he isn't gifted lives like last year when he went on to score 140+

In fact, in the previous edition, Punjab's only 2 wins were against RCB!
They did show up again today, looks like KL loves to play against RCB. What a bore match, Kohli is clearly struggling while opening, but continues to bat at the same position slowing the game considerably. We still have no good #3, maybe it is time to give Finn a chance at top with Dev and Kohli dropping back to 3.

We lost momentum last season also after starting well, I hope history does not repeat itself.

Last edited by AtheK : 30th April 2021 at 23:09.
Old 30th April 2021, 23:04   #3212
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

RCB always seem to struggle against rookie/uncapped players and today was no different. Meredith, Bishnoi and Harpreet did the damage
Today's loss will also impact the Net Run Rate, RCB needs 2-3 good games after this for sure.
Old 1st May 2021, 08:43   #3213
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

If Kohli is ready for risk taking by making bold team changes for the next game, this is probably something to think about:
-Promote Maxwell to open with Padikkal
-Drop Sams for Finn Allen (will weaken bowling options though)
-Drop Patidar for Azharudeen

With this team, if RCB wins the toss and bats first, the gamble may pay off.

Just my random thoughts, obviously there are ifs and buts
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 09:01   #3214
BHPian

Although RCB are sitting pretty on the points table, two big losses and a narrow win against DC have seriously dented the Net Run Rate. If not for the cameos from Harshal Patel and Jamieson late in the innings, the NRR would have looked even worse. This might prove crucial in the later stages of the tournament.
Old 1st May 2021, 11:11   #3215
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
From bits and pieces to complete player Jadeja is in form of his life. I will not be surprised if Jadeja becomes 1st umpire in today's match. I'm going to watch today's match for him and his direct hits.
Looks like Jadeja has competition from Harpreet. Everything he touched turned to gold yesterday.
Old 1st May 2021, 15:29   #3216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
We still have no good #3, maybe it is time to give Finn a chance at top with Dev and Kohli dropping back to 3.
This is exactly what I was thinking of earlier today. Perhaps not exactly as I was thinking they’d drop Patidar and play Md Azharuddien instead
Old 1st May 2021, 15:39   #3217
Senior - BHPian

SRH : Kane Williamson will be taking over the captaincy for the remainder of IPL 2021

The IPL Thread-smartselect_20210501153822_twitter.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 1st May 2021 at 15:41.
Old 1st May 2021, 15:42   #3218
BHPian

What does the second paragraph in the announcement mean?
Old 1st May 2021, 16:05   #3219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
SRH : Kane Williamson will be taking over the captaincy for the remainder of IPL 2021
Looking at their placement in the table, this seems predictable. Especially after his comment that "selectors" were harsh in dropping Manish Pandey. Surprising, I thought Warner would be among the selectors.

I suspect Morgan could face a similar fate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
Perhaps that Warner could probably not feature the playing 11 since they have a healthy lot of foreigners: Williamson, Bairstow, Rashid Khan are more or less guaranteed. They could bring in Holder?
Old 1st May 2021, 17:13   #3220
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Second paragraph seems to hint about Warner being dropped from playing 11 and the next paragraph seems to reinforce that by praising and appreciating his contributions (because if dropped it will definitely raise questions).

SRH largely owes their good performances in earlier editions to the strong contributions from their overseas players especially Warner, Williamson, Rashid, Bairstow and Nabi, so it will be a close call to choose 4 out of them and when Holder is considered, that decision becomes tougher!

This was bound to happen but I'm still wondering why their team "selectors" didn't choose Williamson for the first few games, the official reason of him not being match fit was difficult to believe and they'd done the same last season as well. Also, Warner seemed to be hinting that he isn't part of their team's "selectors" which raises more questions. Are the team owners and coaches/think tank having a bigger say in team selection ? We don't know.

Last edited by NPV : 1st May 2021 at 17:16.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 17:51   #3221
BHPian

SRH team management has been weird. Understandable that their situation is pretty bad now and they need to win most of their games to qualify. However that does not mean they make a Captain step down in the middle of the tournament. Kane not playing the first few matches, then Manish Pandey being dropped and no updates on Bhuvi's fitness.

I guess the playing XI would now be:

J Roy
J Bairstow
K Williamson
M Pandey
V Shankar
A Sharma
A Samad
R Khan
K Ahmed
B Kumar
S Sharma
Old 1st May 2021, 18:31   #3222
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Williamson, Bairstow, Rashid Khan are more or less guaranteed. They could bring in Holder?
Jason Roy looks more like a possibility, though Nabi & Holder probably add a lot more to the team with their all round skills. The local players also need to deliver a lot more!
Old 1st May 2021, 20:20   #3223
BHPian

I suspect SRH feel it’s time to part ways with Warner. He has been instrumental in their success and they perhaps want to use the slump in the SRH fortunes to part ways especially with the mega auction in mind.
Old 1st May 2021, 21:48   #3224
BHPian

Quote:
I suspect SRH feel it’s time to part ways with Warner. He has been instrumental in their success and they perhaps want to use the slump in the SRH fortunes to part ways especially with the mega auction in mind.
But why? What wrong has he done to be dropped? They should give him two games without the captaincy pressure as a pure batsman. He has one of the most enviable record in IPL. His form with the bat is important with nearly no contribution from the Indian batsmen.
Old 1st May 2021, 22:20   #3225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
But why? What wrong has he done to be dropped? They should give him two games without the captaincy pressure as a pure batsman. He has one of the most enviable record in IPL. His form with the bat is important with nearly no contribution from the Indian batsmen.
I fully agree but unfortunately it doesn’t look like the SRH management looks at the situation this way. Could well be a way for them to hide their incompetency by scapegoating Warner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks