Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2023, 18:16   #3436
BHPian

re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Not getting 4K in my Samsung Frame TV. Is that because the OS / App used by Frame TV is not updated for 4K support? Highest I am seeing is Full HD.
When you open JioCinema app, by default tile/card would display Full HD stream. You can move to next tile/card using remote next button, and if 4K supports, then you would be getting a 4K stream with title mentioned as Xx Vs Yy 4K. Once you start playing 4K stream, from Settings menu you can select video quality options like Asli 4K, Ultra HD etc..
rx100 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 21:35   #3437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
When you open JioCinema app, by default tile/card would display Full HD stream. You can move to next tile/card using remote next button, and if 4K supports, then you would be getting a 4K stream with title mentioned as Xx Vs Yy 4K. Once you start playing 4K stream, from Settings menu you can select video quality options like Asli 4K, Ultra HD etc..
Tried that option also, but still not getting 4K (today, video itself not loading in the app). Should be issue is with Samsung / Tizen OS and App side.
r_devakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 10:15   #3438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Tried that option also, but still not getting 4K (today, video itself not loading in the app). Should be issue is with Samsung / Tizen OS and App side.
I have same problem with Sony Bravia 4K google TV. I have given up for now.
I get Dolby ATMOS option but no 4K
Old 11th April 2023, 11:45   #3439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
I have same problem with Sony Bravia 4K google TV. I have given up for now.
I get Dolby ATMOS option but no 4K
I am getting 4k since day 1 on my Sony TV. Wasn't getting 4k option for Insiders commentary initially but since last 3 days getting 4k there too. Try uninstalling Jio cinema app and install again.
Old 11th April 2023, 12:11   #3440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I am getting 4k since day 1 on my Sony TV. Wasn't getting 4k option for Insiders commentary initially but since last 3 days getting 4k there too. Try uninstalling Jio cinema app and install again.
Did that too. App installed from Play store. Still I see issue. Since current brodcast quality is good, I have kept quiet.
Old 11th April 2023, 12:13   #3441
BHPian

MI vs DC. Hope there is no hat trick of losses for MI.

My playing XI for MI:

R Sharma (C)
I Kishan (WK)
D Brewis
SKY
T Verma
C Green
T David
J Archer
P Chawla
H Shokeen
S Warrior
T Verma -> A Khan (Sub -> Imp)

Last edited by VWAllstar : 11th April 2023 at 12:24.
Old 11th April 2023, 12:21   #3442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
MI vs DC. Hope there is no hat trick of losses for MI.

My playing XI for MI:

T David -> R Meredith (Sub -> Imp)
Impact player substitution with 5th foreign player not possible when 4 foreign players are part of initial playing 11.

Last edited by rx100 : 11th April 2023 at 12:22. Reason: Trim quoted post
rx100 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 12:48   #3443
BHPian

K L Rahul plays T20 like ODI, ODI like test and test like.... nothing

Something seems to be really wrong with him. Should take a break and work with his mental aspects. He has a wide repertoire of shots and is sound technically. But doesnt bring it to fore in play for some reason.
Old 11th April 2023, 14:58   #3444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
K L Rahul plays T20 like ODI, ODI like test and test like.... nothing

Something seems to be really wrong with him. Should take a break and work with his mental aspects. He has a wide repertoire of shots and is sound technically. But doesnt bring it to fore in play for some reason.
I couldn’t catch yesterday’s match live, but saw the highlights on JioCinema. After the dismissal of KL, the lady commentator’s(not sure who it was) comment was epic. She said “may be may be it’s a good thing for LSG” and it turned out to be absolute right
Old 11th April 2023, 23:15   #3445
Team-BHP Support

I've seen batsmen lose form suddenly, but what is happening to SKY is inexplicable, unbelievable and very sad.

Last edited by Eddy : 11th April 2023 at 23:35.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 08:07   #3446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I've seen batsmen lose form suddenly, but what is happening to SKY is inexplicable, unbelievable and very sad.
SKY's rise to the top was so rapid that the law of averages has probably caught up likewise.
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 08:42   #3447
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
He's been glorified to such great lengths in the past few months/year or so, that looks like he (was led to) believed he was invincible. At this point, his confidence seems to be destroyed, and if there's any way he can recover, it is with MI - I doubt the national team/selectors are going to be as generous.

It is about time the team needs a strong taskmaster: most players have become superstars, and seem to be doing their own thing - I wonder what role Dravid / NCA have anymore. The team needs to be brought on a common level - this culture of my-way-because-I'm-so and so has gotten out of control.

This may not be an accurate / right measure but just look at social media of any of these guys and you'll see the amount of distractions - whether by their own accord, or commitments due to sponsors.

All our "star" players have been struggling:
Bumrah - injury seems to be terribly managed
Iyer - should now be a case study on injury management: every time he settles into the team, he gets injured
KulCha - musical chairs?
KL Rahul - on and off
Samson, Shaw, Ishan Kishan, Natarajan, Arshdeep - no sense of consistency

In all this, you gotta admire the grit and consistency of Ashwin and Jadeja, and the stability brought in by Shami and Siraj. And of course, Pant until his accident. Pandya, thankfully, seems to be sorted for now.
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 09:09   #3448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
it's insane in Bangalore, absolutely crazy, the cheapest ticket is around 2500 rupees Online

Bonkers!
To add to that there is a GST of 18% for tickets while IPL is tax free for the elite stakeholders
Sk8r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 12:56   #3449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The team needs to be brought on a common level - this culture of my-way-because-I'm-so and so has gotten out of control.
Kind of a very abusive culture has crept into the team and sends a wrong sign to younger players. Kohli is partly to blame for this way too aggressive nature of playing. From the recent matches, we have seen Rohit kicking the ball for dropped catches and abusing teammates and Pandya abusing senior players as captain. This is not a good cricketing culture to nurture for the future and it is getting us nowhere.

Atleast, Australia had this sledging and aggression and they won multiple World Cups, tournaments and test matches world over. Not justifying that you can cross the limit if you are world beaters but India have just empty aggression without any World Cups and just an Aus test match series victory to boast for.

Quote:
This may not be an accurate / right measure but just look at social media of any of these guys and you'll see the amount of distractions - whether by their own accord, or commitments due to sponsors.
Totally agree and these distractions are not required at the highest level of the game. IPL though has brought a lot of talent but the downside is the easy money and endorsements at very young age and the associated distractions that come with both of these. Rather than focusing on the game, they are more concerned about giving gyan on waterless Holi, noiseless Diwali, air pollution and all when in reality they are roaming around in fuel guzzling super cars. Never seen Sachin, Sehwag, Laxman, Dravid, Kumble or previous generation concentrate on too many things away from the game despite all the ads and endorsements they did.

Quote:
All our "star" players have been struggling:
Bumrah - injury seems to be terribly managed
Iyer - should now be a case study on injury management: every time he settles into the team, he gets injured
KulCha - musical chairs?
The extreme fitness regimen is to be blamed purely for this entire fiasco. Sehwag's view on one of the podcasts makes absolute sense. Players are getting injured in the gym rather than on the field and nobody is looking into this seriously from management or BCCI. Bumrah and Shreyas injuries are purely because of the heavy lifting in the gym rather than picking it up during the game. The way Kuldeep Yadav is being treated without a longer chance is worrying. Chahal is not upto standards and his bowling is not winning us or helping us win games. Ashwin has maybe 1-2 years left and no clue who is the next big finger spinner in the team.

Last edited by whencut86 : 12th April 2023 at 12:57. Reason: correction
whencut86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 13:36   #3450
Team-BHP Support

We have all "evolved" and so have the cricketers. This is the social media generation and that is reflected by the entire society, including cricketers. Nothing wrong in that, IMO.

SKY plays on confidence. When it was sky high (pun intended), he could do no wrong. And it is the opposite now. I agree MI is the best place for him to regain form, but he should realise that he is a T20 player at best. The selectors too should look elsewhere for ODIs.

Quote:
Kohli is partly to blame for this way too aggressive nature of playing.
Easy to put everything on Kohli, right? His attitude is the reason why we became the #1 side in tests and he himself became one of the all format G.O.A.T.s. He brought in the fitness culture and has rarely missed matches because of injury. Proper work ethic.

Ganguly did a big dis-service to Indian cricket, and thank God was not made the ICC president.

In our current setup:

- Whoever is in charge of the fitness training needs to be fired. All these cricketers getting and remaining injured points to an improper fitness regime.

- Dravid needs to go. He has been terrible as a coach and his selection decisions have been inexplicable and very inflexible.

- We need to get over the fact that we have enough bench strength to field parallel teams. Play your best eleven as much as you can, while giving some youngsters a chance whenever the biggies rest but just don't hand out India caps like that (e.g. Sakariya)

- I had one more point to make, that I forgot while writing the above
Eddy is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks