Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2023, 21:24   #3421
Team-BHP Support

re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
How did you confirm that it was telecast in 4K. Is it mentioned anywhere.

Under settings, I can see only Auto, Full HD, HD and High.
There is a completely different stream for 4K. Try scrolling on the home screen.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 23:04   #3422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
There is a completely different stream for 4K. Try scrolling on the home screen.
Yes tthere is! But even if we select 4K broadcast, in video quality same options of Auto, Full HD, HD, High are shown. I'm playing on Sony 4K TV. Broadcast title shows match as 4K
Old 2nd April 2023, 21:55   #3423
BHPian

I’m probably not understanding the intricacies involved here, but with captains being able to submit the playing 11 post toss, it seems that this impact player feature feels like it’s 12v12 instead of 11v11. Not sure what specific gains are being made with this rule.
(Probably better than 12v11 if the teams are picked before toss, so I don’t know how this current version will actually impact)
Old 2nd April 2023, 23:05   #3424
BHPian

Clinical RCB hammer MI by 8 wickets in their opening match. To be fair, MI were pretty mediocre on the field- batting, bowling, and fielding. Opening match blues continue to haunt MI!
Old 3rd April 2023, 22:36   #3425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
Yes tthere is! But even if we select 4K broadcast, in video quality same options of Auto, Full HD, HD, High are shown. I'm playing on Sony 4K TV. Broadcast title shows match as 4K
Finally got some time to watch live on 4K. I am getting options like Asli 4K, 2K, Full HD on Settings menu. I am on an Android 4K box.
rx100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 18:15   #3426
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Totally unacceptable that games are finishing around 11:30pm which is 4hrs long! You cannot have dogs running onto the field & delaying the game by 10mins, umpires taking 3-4mins to review a Wide DRS call & then 4th umpire wasting time to give a signal to let the impact player onto the field! Its really upto the umpires to ensure proceedings are not hampered but here its exactly the opposite. Frankly, don't see things changing unless points are deducted for slow-over rate just before the playoffs!
Old 7th April 2023, 09:22   #3427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Totally unacceptable that games are finishing around 11:30pm which is 4hrs long!
Frankly, I don't see any reason why they would want to reduce the run time. Earlier matches were starting at 8pm and used to go on.
Actual time should be 3hrs+10mins break. Then there's timeout add 10 mins to that. Because they have to show timeouts being signaled and the clock starting on the big screen etc. I rarely watch beyond 10pm except when it is not working day next day. And if match goes to a close thrilling finish in last over they waste further more time on the field, more ads!!
Old 8th April 2023, 21:56   #3428
Senior - BHPian

Watching the CSK vs MI match now. Wonder what our ‘old town boy’ Rahane had for supper.
What shots. Glorious timing. Can’t believe it was him hitting like that, a very well deserved 18 ball 50 for him. So glad to see him play like this.
jkrishnakj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 06:27   #3429
BHPian

I watched the MI vs CSK match yesterday at Wankhede yesterday. This was the first match I have watched in a stadium other than the Chinnaswamy stadium, Bangalore.

There was almost equal support for CSK as MI, thanks to superstar MSD. CSK will have a serious identity crisis when he hangs his boots probably at the end of this season. I was hoping that, since he didn't get a chance to bat, he would do a walk around after the match, but that was not to be.

Due to a Maharashtra law prohibiting use of speakers, the music and the announcers go silent at 10pm. This match turning out to be a one-sided affair after localite Rahane's explosive innings (what a revelation!!), the last hour was dreary.

Exiting Wankhede (gate 4/5) was equally tedious as entering . They should do something about this.

ps - Marine Lines station is closer than Churchgate when exiting from these gates.
Old 9th April 2023, 19:26   #3430
BHPian

What a heartbreak for Gujarat Titans. Just a few overs earlier, Rashid had a hat trick and were well on course to win the match. Then an impossible last over - 5 sixes in a row for a KKR win !!
Old 9th April 2023, 19:32   #3431
BHPian

What a match between Gujarat and Kolkata. It had all the elements. A hattrick by Rashid Khan and then an improbable 5 sixes by Rinku Singh to win the match for his team. KKR needed a whopping 29 runs from the last over and he wasn’t even on strike on the first ball of the last over. Fabulous stuff, hitting five sixes and that too while chasing and that too in the last over when the team needed it the most!
Old 10th April 2023, 11:56   #3432
Distinguished - BHPian

Was just looking at prices of tickets, it's insane in Bangalore, absolutely crazy, the cheapest ticket is around 2500 rupees Online, so for a family of three you need to spend around 10K to watch a match.

To top it up, everything is sold out!

Bonkers!
AtheK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 16:26   #3433
BHPian

From where can I purchase tickets for Chepauk CSK matches?
Old 10th April 2023, 17:04   #3434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
From where can I purchase tickets for Chepauk CSK matches?
https://www.chennaisuperkings.com/mo...l/tickets.html

But tracking the opening up of the ticketing window is a painful mystery.

Do try; you may get lucky. I have not been, yet .
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 18:01   #3435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
Finally got some time to watch live on 4K. I am getting options like Asli 4K, 2K, Full HD on Settings menu. I am on an Android 4K box.
Not getting 4K in my Samsung Frame TV. Is that because the OS / App used by Frame TV is not updated for 4K support? Highest I am seeing is Full HD. My experience of watching IPL in Jio Cinema (both Computer browser and Samsung Frame TV) is disappointing. The buffering is improved compared to first day, but still not smooth all the time. My connection speed of ACT is 200 Mbps and signal strength is good. Never faced issue with 4K in YouTube, HotStar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks