Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2008, 15:48   #646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Wonder how many 100s yuvraj is scoring , he is not telling anyone.
We can see some hundreds scored in the papers though.
Old 14th May 2008, 16:02   #647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Wonder how many 100s yuvraj is scoring , he is not telling anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
We can see some hundreds scored in the papers though.
Sorry, couldn't resist, enjoy the spoofs on Yuvraj & Preity (no offense to their admirers)
Attached Thumbnails
The IPL Thread-yuvraj.jpg  

The IPL Thread-preity.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 14th May 2008 at 17:38. Reason: Merged with previous post
Old 14th May 2008, 16:11   #648
Senior - BHPian

@ diabloo - yaar stop behaving like a media person and keep posting party pictures of the cricketers and the team owners. At least leave that news to the masala news channels

lets keep this discussion to cricket as much as we can, please ?
Old 14th May 2008, 16:19   #649
Senior - BHPian

Well NC you have kept your touch of creating stories man. Well it can be believed.
One of the papers actually reported a person was seen along with the DD team when the match was going on and he was supp to be a big league bookie!! One more point was he was on the phone throughout.
I really wish KKR starts loosing. I dont want ganguly to start believing he is captain material again. And for people telling csk is going to loose well just keep hoping guys. They got a good captain and a young one too. Their bowlers are decent. Balaji is here again to give murli and goni company.
Before you start asking whom do i support well its the First time such a league is happening so choices keep varying depending on my mood but till date i could not stand KKR
Old 14th May 2008, 16:24   #650
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
This looks set - and it will come down to KKR and CSK playing the finals. Like Akshay Kumar said in AJANBI - Everything is planned.
"Everything is planned" - does it mean its fixed?

Flush glamour shamour down the drain, I would like Rajasthan Royals to win, which looks unlikely. Paisa bolta hai bidu.

Edit: Yesterday Ganguly said that national selectors should look at him again. Lol. He is joining Shreesanth bandwagon. Jumping here and there and raising hands after each delivery just like a school boy!

Yesterday, KKR won only because of Shoaib Akhtar.

Last edited by F50 : 14th May 2008 at 16:28.
Old 14th May 2008, 16:28   #651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
I dont want ganguly to start believing he is captain material again.
Why is that so hard to digest for you? The fact is, he has been one of the best Captains that India has ever had. Not that I'm saying that there won't be better ones in future.

Quote:
And for people telling csk is going to loose well just keep hoping guys. They got a good captain and a young one too.
Lets wait & see about that one

Quote:
but till date i could not stand KKR
Hmmm, this appears to be a case of SAGS (Severe Anti Ganguly Syndrome). Don't forget that they have one of the best bowling line-ups in the tournament - and contrary to earlier perceptions, the bowlers have salvaged or given away quite a few of the games already

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Yes but don't forget the parts played by Salman Butt, David Hussey, Ashoke Dinda & last but not the least - L R Shukla. Besides, even if it was only because of Shoaib, what's wrong with that?

Last edited by suman : 14th May 2008 at 16:35.
Old 14th May 2008, 16:31   #652
BANNED

There goes my attempt to showcase SRK's KKR - only that team was pending.
Quote:
@ diabloo - yaar stop behaving like a media person and keep posting party pictures of the cricketers and the team owners. At least leave that news to the masala news channels
IPL = Cricket + Glamour. You can close your eyes but can't deny it
Quote:
lets keep this discussion to cricket as much as we can, please ?
Old 14th May 2008, 16:45   #653
Senior - BHPian

Shoaib the chucker won KKR the match yesterday - I say NO.

All the wickets Shoaib got were due to bad shots and not some great bowling.

Sehwag - drove without moving his feet

Gambhir - short and wide and he cut it straight into the fielder.

ABD - played a pull shot and mistimed it.

The more I saw the match yesterday, the more clear it became that KKR were going to win.

From the moment the match started the cameras were focussed on Shoaib - getting the cap , and then gets wickets for a dream debut and is chaired off the ground by his team mates as if he has won them the WC - I feel all of this was staged. :( And then comes in the badshah of Bollywood dancing and cheering Shoaib.

And the other DD batsman also threw their wickets in a hurry. I mean there was no reason to go mad at the end - was there ? LR Shukla gpt 3 in 4 !!

Last edited by normally_crazy : 14th May 2008 at 16:46.
Old 14th May 2008, 16:51   #654
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Tch, tch, not doing your homework - they won their first couple of games, lost the next four & then won the last three games on the trot.

Though I can't blame you for supporting the KXIP - one hug from the owner is worth a 100 runs, lol!
Thats exactly what I meant .. in the first couple of games they were lucky to get away with a win . My homework is spot on

As for supporting KXIP .. it definitely aint due to the hug factor , hug factor would have mattered if Pam Anderson was team owner !! Thats when a hug could do wonders .

Quote:
Well NC you have kept your touch of creating stories man. Well it can be believed.
One of the papers actually reported a person was seen along with the DD team when the match was going on and he was supp to be a big league bookie!! One more point was he was on the phone throughout.
I really wish KKR starts loosing. I dont want ganguly to start believing he is captain material again. And for people telling csk is going to loose well just keep hoping guys. They got a good captain and a young one too. Their bowlers are decent. Balaji is here again to give murli and goni company.
Before you start asking whom do i support well its the First time such a league is happening so choices keep varying depending on my mood but till date i could not stand KKR
I agree .. KKR is one team that I cheer for everytime they play , cheer for them to lose .

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
He did prove that hes worth every cent that SRK has spent on him ... I love Akhtar for his flair and attitude but unfortunately he got snapped up by the wrong team owner .
Old 14th May 2008, 17:15   #655
BANNED

http://www.kolkataknightriders.com/offside_fiction_eyepltv.php

Ambani's meeting

Re-Lax-Man !!

Where is RCB?

What Ponting learnt?

Old 14th May 2008, 18:30   #656
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shoaib the chucker won KKR the match yesterday - I say NO.
Arey haan baba. Lalit Modi also agreed. Thats why Man of the Match usko diya.

Quote:
All the wickets Shoaib got were due to bad shots and not some great bowling.
Any bowler doesnt have that many overs or time to bowl greatly and take wickets. Bowl a tight line, dont give many runs, batsmen will try something funny and voila you have a wicket.
There are few bowlers who have taken genuine wickets like Shane Warne.
MSD dismissal was a beauty.

Quote:
Sehwag - drove without moving his feet
He never moves his feet. Ball did swing a bit, credit should be given to the bowler.

Quote:
Gambhir - short and wide and he cut it straight into the fielder.
Gambhir was taking unnecessary risks. Shoaib would have been out of the attack after 2 or 3 overs.

Quote:
ABD - played a pull shot and mistimed it.
He mistimed because the ball came very quickly on to him. The pitch was slow so credit should be given to Shoaib for putting in his efforts.

4th wicket was LBW. So 3 out 4 wickets is due to the bowler's effort.
Old 14th May 2008, 18:48   #657
BANNED

Thats surprising, since their coach Greg Shipperd, had established a reputation as a slow-scoring, difficult-to-dismiss batsman. Also, he believes in "hanging around and not getting out". He holds the record for slowest first-class century by an Australian !!!

What an irony !!! His side bundled out with still 2 overs left in a T20 game !!!

Quote:
And the other DD batsman also threw their wickets in a hurry. I mean there was no reason to go mad at the end - was there ? LR Shukla gpt 3 in 4 !!
Quote:
DD went in with the right idea - attack Akhtar - but the way they went about it was Mad Max like.

Last edited by diabloo : 14th May 2008 at 18:50.
Old 14th May 2008, 19:37   #658
BANNED

Tendulkar has won the toss and Mumbai will bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
May 14, 2008, 36th match: Mumbai Indians v Chennai Super Kings at Mumbai

Sachin likely to play and lead MI !!!

Who do you bet?
Old 14th May 2008, 20:50   #659
BHPian

Its nice to see that after initial massacre bowlers now have started to take revenge.This will make IPL even more interesting.
Old 14th May 2008, 21:02   #660
BANNED

In fact its turning out like a ODI or even a Test. I think its time to introduce 'Unlimted Rolling Substitutions' in T20.

Unlimted Rolling Substitutions: Sides pack with 11 batsmen & 11 bowlers.

When the team bat, 11 of the 22 can bat.
When the team bowls, 11 of the 22 can bowl.
While fielding, only 11 of 22 can get on field. Any of the fielding 11 can be substituted by anyone in the 11 on bench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Its nice to see that after initial massacre bowlers now have started to take revenge.This will make IPL even more interesting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks