Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2020, 08:34   #3001
Team-BHP Support

re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

How is it that there are so many positive cases in IPL but almost none in F1 and Tennis or even the other cricket tournaments (in England for instance). Lack of discipline or poor SOPs?
Old 7th September 2020, 12:13   #3002
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
How is it that there are so many positive cases in IPL but almost none in F1 and Tennis or even the other cricket tournaments (in England for instance). Lack of discipline or poor SOPs?
None of the CSK players wore masks during their plane journeys, inspite of them being mandatory! Perhaps that could be one of the reasons.
Old 19th September 2020, 20:37   #3003
BHPian

Feels so strange watching the mach on TV with empty stadium, but the broadcaster infusing crowd effect!
Vin76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 21:05   #3004
BHPian

Its been a great game so far. With a real crowd it would have been even better. Some things are made for each other like IPL, fans , India and cricket. Very happy to see the cricket and cricketers back in action.
Old 19th September 2020, 21:23   #3005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
Its been a great game so far. With a real crowd it would have been even better. Some things are made for each other like IPL, fans , India and cricket. Very happy to see the cricket and cricketers back in action.
Agree. Great game. Feels wonderful to enjoy a game of cricket after a long hiatus (with due respect to the English team which has hosted West Indies, Pakistan and Australia in last couple of months)

Some of these games are like a drive which you take for the first time on unknown roads. Accelarate when you see open roads and suddenly having to apply brakes with unexpected terrain and then try to keep up decent speed to make it in time.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th September 2020 at 17:02. Reason: Back to back posts; additional word deleted
Old 20th September 2020, 09:15   #3006
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice opening game of the 2020 edition of IPL!
Chennai had their scary moments at the beginning of their run chase but Rayudu and Du Plessis got them out of trouble. Both of them would have been man of the match contenders, but I was surprised they chose Sam Curran.

Of course, the 18 runs he scored off 5 balls took the match completely away from Mumbai Indians. I was surprised Dhoni chose Curran over himself and Kedar Jadhav, but it came off well in the end. Sam Curran is a gritty player who has proved his worth few times batting in the lower order in international games, even a Test match against India.

Last edited by NPV : 20th September 2020 at 09:16.
Old 20th September 2020, 19:18   #3007
Senior - BHPian

Quick question on watching IPL on Hotstar on a firestick. Which membership will be ad free? Want to avoid those adultish mankind ads etc.
Will a Premium membership be ad free. Last year we used VIP and there were explicit ads between overs in the guise of mankind oharma
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 21:12   #3008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Will a Premium membership be ad free.
No, even premium account will show these ads :(. Adfree is only for their other entertainment programs. All live sports will show the ads.
smnrock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 18:54   #3009
BHPian

As per BCCI secretary, Jay Shah, the opening match of IPL 2020 had the highest ever opening day viewership for any sporting league in any country EVER at 20 crore.

Pent up demand for entertainment? Escapism? Good cricket?
ValarMorghulis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 19:58   #3010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
As per BCCI secretary, Jay Shah, the opening match of IPL 2020 had the highest ever opening day viewership for any sporting league in any country EVER at 20 crore.

Pent up demand for entertainment? Escapism? Good cricket?
Well, they always knew that, isn’t it ? Otherwise what’s the point in playing in empty stadiums if not for the television audience. Besides, IPL is less cricket and more entertainment anyways. Cinema halls and Multiplexes have not opened yet and entertainment options have drastically reduced and hence the record viewership !
Old 26th September 2020, 12:18   #3011
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to the IPL, there is some kind of an entertainment in the evening these days. I am hoping that the Active corona cases in the country may actually see a dip, given the current viewership and with people staying home to catch their favourite team.

I do have one big grouse though. The stadiums are empty and i was hoping for some 'quiet' cricket watching and commentaries, but i believe the broadcaster is adding external recorded noises during the commentary.

You continuously hear the roar of the stadiums during the commentary. Each big shot or wicket gets a huge roar as though millions in a stadium are erupting in celebrations. It is kind of weird and is not going well at all. Sometimes, even for a simple single run, they probably are feeding in a huge roar.

I get it that they are trying to replicate an environment as though the stadiums are full of people, but it is quite annoying to be hearing the noise in the background when you very well know that the entire stadium is empty.

Not sure if i am the only one feeling this way, but i guess the normal real sounds of the bat hitting ball and the commentaries may be so much more better to hear without the annoying 'hooooooo...' sounds that is artificially fed in.

Last edited by jkrishnakj : 26th September 2020 at 12:19.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 12:33   #3012
Distinguished - BHPian

On the contrary, I like it. Gives an impression of the game being alive, the matches in England with just commentary almost put me to sleep. Maybe they should have an option of a soundtrack with just the commentary, that way they can keep both camps happy.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 20:53   #3013
Senior - BHPian

Isn't it amusing that the ex-players of RCB do well in other franchises? Does RCB offer that good a training? That should make RCB coach proud.

Last edited by msdivy : 27th September 2020 at 21:08.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 21:11   #3014
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
On the contrary, I like it. Gives an impression of the game being alive, the matches in England with just commentary almost put me to sleep.
Absolutely. I also like the background soundtrack.

It is irritating only when the roar is delayed by a second or two sometimes. That synchronization needs to improve.

Quote:
Maybe they should have an option of a soundtrack with just the commentary, that way they can keep both camps happy.
It plays in the stadium also, read some players tweet about it.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 21:19   #3015
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Isn't it amusing that the ex-players of RCB do well in other franchises? Does RCB offer that good a training? That should make RCB coach proud.
I think it's kohli, he needs to go or atleast removed as captain. Everything off late has been kohli and ABD in RCB, and clearly others probably don't like that.

On top of it blunders like retaining sarfaraz instead of KL, and then his on field dramatics, has hurt the team even more. I know we will lose a quality batsman, but I think we will improve and perform better as a team.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks