Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2008, 14:08   #796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
The Scorpio is a go anywhere vehicle. Stays rock solid wherever you take it.

I too have one which has clocked 1,42,000 kms and still running strong.

Cheers to Mahindra for bringing out a vehicle like the Scorpio

Randeep
buddy, you have a scorpio and thats clocked almost 1.5 kms and we havent seen pics or details yet!
we will be glad if you can share your experiences buddy.
Old 8th December 2008, 14:22   #797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
buddy, you have a scorpio and thats clocked almost 1.5 kms and we havent seen pics or details yet!
Patience, Raj! It's very early days still!
Old 8th December 2008, 14:28   #798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Patience, Raj! It's very early days still!

i mean 1.5 lakh kms!

Old 8th December 2008, 14:29   #799
Senior - BHPian

Raj,
Thats quite an impressive list of Scorpio Owners. Great to see the show!! Will be Good to also hear from all of them regularly.

Cheers!!
Old 8th December 2008, 14:43   #800
Senior - BHPian

yes, 35 scorpios in all.
7 mHawk, 5 non CRDe, 22 CRDe and 1 unknown.
out of which 3 are 4WD (2 CRDe and 1 non CDRe).
Old 8th December 2008, 15:11   #801
BHPian

that's a impressive list of Scorpio owners, would love to hear from all of them about the kms they have covered , good and bad experiences, approx maintenance cost and reliability.

-Pramod
Old 8th December 2008, 17:23   #802

Hi Everyone,

Finally got my Scorpio mHawk. Thought i'd send in a few images. I'm not sure if i can post images of the ICE. Anyway if its OK i'll post in those too.

Let me know what you guys think. Its hardly done about 2000km.
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-picture1.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-picture2.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-picture3.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-picture4.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-picture5.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-picture6.jpg  

Old 8th December 2008, 18:45   #803
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support: Please use the Report Post feature to get a Moderator's attention rather than putting up a note in your post. Thanks

first of all, congrats jacob buddy.great pics and a great machine you have there. i found the alloys a bit too flashy, but thats my personal opinion. scorpio is a great car. do share your opinons, purchase decision and ownership experience with us.
yours seem to be a VLS. you can definitely post pics of your ICE.
before that, i have quite a few questions:
1) you have cut the side wings of the front bumper, any specific reason?
2) the tyres are jutting out a bit and the tyres are standard, so using spacers?
3) what make is the alloys?
4) i have the same front guard, what make is it and whats the price?
5) any modifications to the interiors?
6) you have mounted the tyre on the rear door which i have always wanted to do. what are the precautions you took? any negative effects?
7) yours is a 7 seater like mine, i would love to see your ICE setup, it is allowed!
8) finally, how is your car? what do you feel about it? whats the average you are getting?

MOD: PLEASE ADD JACOB'S NAME TO THE LIST ABOVE- POST #798. THANK YOU.

note: jacob, i am using you car's pic for reference, i hope you dont mind!

guys, you see this tow hook in the scorpio, i have encircled it in blue. believe me guys, it was a saving grace to me! a crazy 3 wheeled tempo rear ended my car when we were stationary in a signal in malad. the impact was so hard that i felt that my bumper would be totally crushed. when i got down to inspect, the first thing i saw was the tempo had a dent near its headlight. my heart sank thinking what might have happened to my buddy (my scorpio!). the tempo was still touching my car and i saw my bumper bended inwards. all of you must be knowing that the rear bumper is scorpio is not press fitted, i mean there is a slight gap between the bumper and the rear panel. i asked the tempo driver to reverse and was glad to see the bumper in perfect shape. i was wondering how a fibre bumper could take such an impact. then i realized that it was the tow hook which bore the brunt and made a dent in the tempo and thus saved my bumper.
thanks mahindra! provide a tow hook on the other side too!

Name:  untitled.bmp
Views: 4754
Size:  922.7 KB

Last edited by aah78 : 9th December 2008 at 00:09. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to post multiple posts in a short time. Thanks!
Old 8th December 2008, 19:06   #804

Quote:
first of all, congrats jacob buddy.great pics and a great machine you have there. i found the alloys a bit too flashy, but thats my personal opinion. scorpio is a great car. do share your opinons, purchase decision and ownership experience with us.
yours seem to be a VLS. you can definitely post pics of your ICE.
before that, i have quite a few questions:
1) you have cut the side wings of the front bumper, any specific reason?
2) the tyres are jutting out a bit and the tyres are standard, so using spacers?

3) what make is the alloys?

4) i have the same front guard, what make is it and whats the price?

5) any modifications to the interiors?

6) you have mounted the tyre on the rear door which i have always wanted to do. what are the precautions you took? any negative effects?
7) yours is a 7 seater like mine, i would love to see your ICE setup, it is allowed!

8) finally, how is your car? what do you feel about it? whats the average you are getting?

MOD: PLEASE ADD JACOB'S NAME TO THE LIST ABOVE- POST #798. THANK YOU.
I used to own a Scorpio 2003 model prior to my purchase of the mHawk. I simply went in for a mHawk for the engine and not for the dealership.I love the machine.

No specific reason, just liked the way it looked before those wings
No spacers the alloy wheels do their bit of jutting the tyres. This is a 8in width alloy so the tyre sits more flat.
These are HR Racing H417.
Carry Boy - i paid about 9K for it.
Yeah had to remove one of my rear baby seats for the Mono Amp
Make sure that the weight of the tyre is not on the door but on the side clamp. You would need to re enforce the door from the inside so that while breaking hard the tyre does not put pressure on the back door.
Attached The components are Polk Audio, Only the tweeters can be seen from outside. Therefore not attaching it.
The pictures dont do justice to the install
The car feels great, the ABS works well, did one panic breaking last week. I am getting about 10.4 in city Bangalore with AC. Guess it should improve after the service.
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-picture1.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-picture2.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-picture3.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-picture4.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-picture5.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-picture6.jpg  

Last edited by aah78 : 9th December 2008 at 00:10. Reason: Excessive smileys deleted. Please limit smileys to 2/post.
Old 8th December 2008, 20:09   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is the further up to date list of scorpios in this thread.

ramkya1 ---- crde lx

special mention to Mr. dockap here who has posted in this thread but sold his scorpio.
Raj,

I object to my listing as a LX; remember I have upgraded for all practical purposes, its a DX+. Don't even have a last row now days and only 3+2 capacity, jus to maintain the DX+ status. Here's you are trying hard to tarnish that image

--Ramky
Old 8th December 2008, 21:14   #806
Senior - BHPian

Posts merged. See note.

Note from Support: Please use the Report Post feature to report any changes. Please use the EDIT button instead of posting a new post. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_inasu@gma View Post
I used to own a Scorpio 2003 model prior to my purchase of the mHawk. I simply went in for a mHawk for the engine and not for the dealership.I love the machine.

Yeah had to remove one of my rear baby seats for the Mono Amp
Make sure that the weight of the tyre is not on the door but on the side clamp. You would need to re enforce the door from the inside so that while breaking hard the tyre does not put pressure on the back door.
The components are Polk Audio, Only the tweeters can be seen from outside. Therefore not attaching it.
The pictures dont do justice to the install
The car feels great, the ABS works well, did one panic breaking last week . I am getting about 10.4 in city Bangalore with AC. Guess it should improve after the service.
same here, even i had a 2003 GLX, went for the hawk for the same reasons.

5) its a huge amp, the sub will shake the neighbourhood i feel! how are the polk speakers? is it better than JBL? i intend to buy new speakers for my scorpio. so can i know the pricing of the speakers?

6) ohh, then i wont take the risk as it has to be done with expertise and i dont trust anybody in mumbai as yet!

7) it sure does not!

8) 10.4 kmpl seems great buddy.

also, doesnt the black and brown mHAWKs come with black and red combo interiors. your is a black VLS and i see beige interiors.
or is this valid only in the VLX and not VLS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Raj,

I object to my listing as a LX; remember I have upgraded for all practical purposes, its a DX+. Don't even have a last row now days and only 3+2 capacity, jus to maintain the DX+ status. Here's you are trying hard to tarnish that image

--Ramky
that list was diretly copy pasted sir! see post # 666, i have just updated the new names. i am not the one to be blamed.

MODS: PLEASE MAKE THIS CORRECTION TOO, SORRY MODS!

Last edited by aah78 : 9th December 2008 at 00:11.
Old 8th December 2008, 21:40   #807
Senior - BHPian

@jacob: congrats on your new buy. thats surely one of the meanest looking scorp i ve ever seen. love the alloys and the spare wheel mounting on the rear door (always wanted to do that, hmm.. will do someday) and an excellent ice setup too. Man, you ve got all. kudos.

Just a suggestion, try switching to smaller fog lights. your current hella 3000s are blocking the air flow to the radiator which might result in enigne temperature rise.

i see the list of scorps increasing. good.
Old 9th December 2008, 09:05   #808
BHPian

Quote:
So Mr. singh, i think you are enjoying the scorpio. 1000 kms in 2 weeks is good. as ramkya said, its very easy to floor the throttle and enjoy the fantastic response. but SUVs are not meant for high speed cornering, atleast the scorpio is not. if i remember, you had bought the VLS, am i right?
nothing else will do!

Hi Raj,

I got the 2.6 crde lx and not the VLS as it was not working out in my budget. But having driven both i didnt mind going in for the 2.6 at all. Yeah that 125 was a one-off on the straight toll road between delhi-noida to check the scorps capability. Currently still out of delhi, so not been able to do a photo-op with the new vehicle.

Just wanted feedback from the rest of the group , what sort of milleage are your vehicles giving?

cheers
Kundan
Old 9th December 2008, 09:08   #809
BHPian

Quote:
This is the further up to date list of scorpios in this thread.
  1. raj_5004 ---- mhawk
  2. badboyscad ---- non-crde dx
  3. zenopio non---- crde dx
  4. shankar.balan ---- crde lx
  5. anupmathur ---- crde dx 4wd
  6. guderian ---- crde slx
  7. mansidea non----crde slx
  8. shatrughna ---- mhawk (no pics yet)
  9. NIP non ---- crde dx
  10. hvkumar ---- noncrde
  11. ramkya1 ---- crde lx
  12. gd1418 non ---- crde glx
  13. Mohnish non ---- crde slx
  14. Sabareesh ---- crde dx
  15. DHABHAR.BEHRAM ---- crde lx
  16. SYJ ---- crde slx
  17. moleculez ---- crde dx
  18. drive_factor ---- crde slx
  19. razor4077 ---- non crde glx 4wd
  20. The Saint ---- crde slx
  21. wanderernomad ---- crde slx
  22. prabhuav ---- crde dx
  23. Roshun ---- crde dx 4wd
  24. Off Roadie ---- crde dx
  25. ganesh_bbr ---- noncrde slx
  26. skmurthy ---- mhawk
  27. jammy ---- crde dx
  28. pramods ---- mhawk
  29. m_upreti ---- mhawk
  30. manson ---- noncrde dx
  31. getsurya ---- mhawk
  32. pradeep kumar ---- crde
  33. randeep 04 ---- ?
  34. ksingh 544 ---- mHawk
  35. captdey ---- crde (not posted yet)
special mention to Mr. dockap here who has posted in this thread but sold his scorpio.

Hi guys,

just a clarification here I have the 2.6 crde lx and not the mhawk.

thanks

Ksingh
Old 9th December 2008, 09:42   #810
Senior - BHPian

Jacob,

Congrats on your new acquisition! Your ride looks super! Alloys look unique and the spare at the rear does its job too! ICE system looks good. One suggestion-Change your HU to Double DIN JVC or likes! Would go well with POLK unlike a Kenwood!!
Remove the ambipur dispenser from the top of the HU(known for spoiling the HUs as Ambipur can leak and find its way on/in to the HU face panel.
I see you have kept the amp space packed(with Fire extinguisher, toolkit). Please remove anything from amps vicinity as they tend to get very hot on continued operation. So allow enough air ventilation around amps.
Good FE too. I am sure you push your beast to limits. Have fun and safe Motoring!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks