0 - 25% -- I'm like the most conservative Indians. I love FDs. 396 32.25%
26 - 50% -- I have a few stocks. 550 44.79%
51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.37%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2008, 18:50   #676
Senior - BHPian

Same story here tsk. tata Steel, Rel Comm, powergrid, Suzlon, NTPC, Chambal, Bongaigaon, Century Text, TCS, etc. Though few of them have been going up, most of them in which I am heavily invested (one is Powergrid) have been constantly coming down.
Have had to keep my plans aside of buying car.

ECM: What does your charts say about Nifty now?

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 12th June 2008 at 18:52.
Old 12th June 2008, 22:07   #677
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
backseatdriver, do share the secret of your sucess.
Simple. Fundamentals. Book Value (!!!), EPS, P/E, NP, GPM, liquidity (No. of days of working capital). Above all, a long, hard look at the management.

Avoid the Johnny-come-latelys. I have not touched IT and Real estate so far. Remember Mesco, NEPC, Usha Rectifiers, Orkay, etc? Sudden spurt in publicity for the promoters (rather than the company itself) is a sure sign of a bubble in making. (Now, look back on the investments you made - how many of the companies' promoters have hogged more print space than their companies' performance?).

Of course, you need to be an all round macro economist to analyse the future macro economic trends. THis will help you get out of sectors likely to go down, and spot sectors fo the future. Most sectors are cyclic.

Probably, having a small portfolio helps. ;-)
Old 12th June 2008, 23:33   #678
BHPian

Invested in stocks thinking I will make lot of profits over night, and buy a "dream car"
Still not that bad, but on a lighter note, with losses, shouldn't come to a position to sell existing car
Old 13th June 2008, 15:10   #679
Senior - BHPian

For all of you guys who have invested, stay put. It may come back in an year. Then you may book some profits and also avoid capital gains tax. As far as I'am concerened, I'am struck up and staying calm and invested hoping that the markets will revive soon. My 2 cents...;-)
Old 13th June 2008, 15:15   #680
BWN
BHPian

Spot on snaronikar, markets are bound to bounce back once the US goes for elections in Nov.Our central govt is due for poll mode now. So me too hoping to avoid capital gains tax. Lets hope for the best.
Old 13th June 2008, 15:18   #681
Team-BHP Support

More than Stocks, I am worried about mutual funds. Most of them are pretty low now. Many of them were purchased for tax saving.
Hopefully By feb 2009 things will be better!
Once the oil crisis tides over, and sensex regains 17K I can kind of get out.
Old 13th June 2008, 15:21   #682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
More than Stocks, I am worried about mutual funds. Most of them are pretty low now. Many of them were purchased for tax saving.
Once the oil crisis tides over, and sensex regains 17K I can kind of get out.
Just don't about this right now. If you think more it sure will give you cramps. Forget it dude (as of now) and enjoy.
Old 13th June 2008, 18:02   #683
BHPian

Gents...how about this...the technical analysts predict the bottoms at 9900 on the sensex, when would this be, no one knows. But, we sure are to see more downside.

Also there are talks on the consolidation of the crude prices. There was no reason for the crude to hit abnormal levels. The demands do not go up all of a sudden. It is a well managed event by the FIIs, where they feel that the equities are getting dry & commodities, O&G are the sectors which could be further milked.

Sit back & enjoy the journey, if you are not invested. If you are invested, look at every bounce as aa opportunity to "get out"
Old 13th June 2008, 20:43   #684
BANNED

Quote:
You can relax on this count. Tax saver schemes from MFs have a lockin period, of 3 years. So, you are invested for the long term, and unless you run into deep crisis at the end of that lockin, you ought to be able to live with it.
Old 14th June 2008, 07:44   #685
Senior - BHPian

hi guys,
I send out daily emails to all my clients/ associates/ friends. These emails are generally about stock markets, research reports by different research houses, predictions, investment study etc etc.
Basically anything and everything that i read about on a day to day basis, i share with others.

If any of you is/ are interested, drop me a PM with you email id and i would add you to the mailing list.
Old 16th June 2008, 09:59   #686
Senior - BHPian

I have a question.

I have an ICICIDirect online demat account. I havr some SIPs running in some mutual funds through ICICIDirect. The amount is debited from my ICICI Savings account each month. However, now that i have changed job, my salary account is no longer with ICICI bank. So there is no regular inflow of funds to this account.
Can i link a non-ICICI bank account (my current salary acc.) to ICICI Direct ? If not, what other options do i have?

Last edited by DCEite : 16th June 2008 at 10:02.
Old 16th June 2008, 10:42   #687
Senior - BHPian

Salary account should give you facility of standing instructions for free. You can setup you account to transfer XXXX k Rs every month into ICICI savings account.
Old 16th June 2008, 11:09   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Salary account should give you facility of standing instructions for free. You can setup you account to transfer XXXX k Rs every month into ICICI savings account.
I don not know if such a facility exists in my CITIbank (current salary acc.). There is an option of transferring funds online to other bank acc.
Old 16th June 2008, 11:54   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I don not know if such a facility exists in my CITIbank (current salary acc.). There is an option of transferring funds online to other bank acc.
I think this option of setting up SI on funds transfer was there earlier on the Citibank acct. Now it no longer seems to be there.

I had the same problem as you and switched my SIP's to Citibank investment account which is linked to my Citibank salary account
Old 16th June 2008, 12:39   #690
Senior - BHPian

Citibank mentions free RTGS (electronic) transfers for salary accounts on their site. I think a call to account manager in bank that looks after accounts of your company should sort things out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks