Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2016, 10:46   #2221
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Jobs available in my organisation" thread

Hi All,

My wife is looking for openings in Testing Domain in Bangalore. She has 6 years of experience, and joining would be immediate. She was on maternity leave. Kindly let me know if there are any openings.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 1st September 2016, 12:06   #2222
Distinguished - BHPian

Is anyone here working as a freelance academic writer for one of those online foreign companies, like Writerbay, or Essaywriters?
Old 1st September 2016, 12:15   #2223
CGB
BHPian

Do anyone have openings for Business Analyst with a experience of two years? Well versed in Agile methodology projects, SDLC, Data analytics, SQL. Location no bar
Old 1st September 2016, 13:04   #2224
BHPian

My friend is looking for a job, he is a Sales Manager with over 18yrs of experience with expertise in strategic planning, market plan execution, account management with skills in competitor and market analysis and key account management. He is willing to relocate to any location, preferably Chennai.

Any leads is appreciated.
Old 6th September 2016, 13:00   #2225
BHPian

Two openings in Bangalore. This is for a company that makes products in financial services -

Product Manager - 5-10 years of experience. Must have experience in product pricing and formulating pricing strategy with sales. Expertise required in competitive analysis, market research and integration of that with Product roadmap.

Business analyst - 3-10 years of experience. Must have experience in US/International Clearance and Settlement applications with good domain knowledge. Hands on experience on Product life cycle with good understanding of SDLC and Agile methodology will be preferred.

Please PM me if you are interested. There is a walk-in scheduled for these positions on 7th Sep and 8th Sep at Whitefield.

Last edited by shifu : 6th September 2016 at 13:02.
Old 6th September 2016, 15:52   #2226
BHPian

Few openings in Bangalore in my organisation.
Required skill set: Design Verification, RTL Design, DFT, Physical Design, STA

Please PM me if interested in this opportunity.
Old 10th September 2016, 22:11   #2227
Senior - BHPian

With some discussion going on about jobs and culture in amazon, I received an email from Amazon about an opening in my city. Amongst a long list of JD, following was added at the end, which pretty much sums up the general perception which people are having lately about the culture there

"24/7/365 availability, including willingness to work on weekends, and outside of the "standard" work day"

If a company openly asks 24/7/365 availability upfront, that too on a mail from their own HR department (mail was from xxx@amazon.com), I think that's enough said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
So any ops person will be quite accustomed to carrying a pager in rotation - say one day a week, 3 days a month or whatever, and being "on call" for any failures in a system that he is responsible for. Regardless of the cloud service that he works for.
The requirement was in customer service. Not in IT, software, database, etc

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 10th September 2016 at 22:22.
Old 10th September 2016, 22:16   #2228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
"24/7/365 availability, including willingness to work on weekends, and outside of the "standard" work day"
That text is typical of any ops role in a large cloud service.

People don't stop buying stuff online or using EC2 / AWS cloud instances just because it is a holiday for you, and the service keeps running.

So any ops person will be quite accustomed to carrying a pager in rotation - say one day a week, 3 days a month or whatever, and being "on call" for any failures in a system that he is responsible for. Regardless of the cloud service that he works for.

If getting woken up at 3 AM for a server crash isn't something you care to experience I would not suggest an ops role at a cloud provider.
Old 11th September 2016, 01:57   #2229
BHPian

Quote:
.If getting woken up at 3 AM for a server crash isn't something you care to experience I would not suggest an ops role at a cloud provider.
i find this strange for such large companies. A client asked one of our employees this week if he is willing to be available 24/7 and weekends. I asked the customer is this going to be the only one guy working on your apps? For a global company I think they should plan the appropriate shift teams and in the right geography so they have 24/7 coverage without the need for a team member worrying in a movie or a dinner if he is gonna get a call...
Old 11th September 2016, 07:18   #2230
Senior - BHPian

Shifts exist of course and the oncall rota ensures that at least one senior team member is available to guide junior staff who are typically tasked to routine shift roles, provide approvals for any task that requires it.

In rare cases (more than X systems in a cluster fail or there are multiple failures across a system and DR failover may be required etc) there will be a swat call in which case everybody gets paged out.
Old 19th September 2016, 12:36   #2231
BHPian

People have been using electricity, phones and manufacturing plants 24x7 as well. But these industries have well established processes with people in shifts. One person required to not have a life outside the company is not something that should be encouraged, in IT or anywhere else.

Quote:
That text is typical of any ops role in a large cloud service.

People don't stop buying stuff online or using EC2 / AWS cloud instances just because it is a holiday for you, and the service keeps running.

If getting woken up at 3 AM for a server crash isn't something you care to experience I would not suggest an ops role at a cloud provider.
Saw your reply after posting this. But this is something that should be streamlined with teams in different time zones, otherwise it does nothing but cause burnouts.

Last edited by jetti : 19th September 2016 at 12:38. Reason: Saw your reply after posting.
Old 19th September 2016, 12:52   #2232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
People have been using electricity, phones and manufacturing plants 24x7 as well. But these industries have well established processes with people in shifts. One person required to not have a life outside the company is not something that should be encouraged, in IT or anywhere else.

Saw your reply after posting this. But this is something that should be streamlined with teams in different time zones, otherwise it does nothing but cause burnouts.
While I agree about work life balance -

Escalations are very much streamlined and process driven in such organizations - with staff in multiple countries and on shifts. This is for emergencies where a pager call is sent out - meaning you can live your life, but be fairly close to a laptop and a phone in case that sort of emergency occurs where your specific help (eg: as the person who wrote the code that is malfunctioning, or one of the resident db experts for escalation of a serious problem) is required.
Old 29th September 2016, 13:08   #2233
Distinguished - BHPian

Any one has information about Kamai Elevator company? If so, how good is this company? Especially job security-wise.
Old 29th September 2016, 13:51   #2234
BHPian

Friends, Can somebody give me some information on NTT Data - NDFS.
Would love to know about the work culture here.
Old 29th September 2016, 13:57   #2235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
Friends, Can somebody give me some information on NTT Data - NDFS.
Would love to know about the work culture here.
Apparently (and this is from my team-mate who used to work in NTT Data) the work culture is very good. However, which office of NTT Data are you joining? My colleague used to work in the South End office in Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks