Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2012, 11:35   #4726
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

I never thought a day would come when I eat at a pure veggie restaurant and moreover will write good things about it. I have decided to be a pure vegetarian during the Sravana month and yesterday took my family for lunch to Little Italy. I have read and heard lot of good things about this place but since I do not like spending money on vegetarian fine dining (veg and fine dining - that itself sounds unbelievable to me ) I avoided Little Italy.

On Sundays they have a special buffet with a wide array of salads, starters, pastas, pizzas and a Mongolian counter. Had a pineapple and orange juice, mushroom soup, little bit each of batter fried veggie snack, cheese on toast, a veggie wrap, fresh salad, lasagna, 3 types of pizza, spaghetti in red sauce, Mexican rice, Mongolian fried rice, pancakes with honey, banana and dry fruits.

Mushroom soup, Mexican rice and mushroom Pizza were the best of the lot.

Overall a good experience. Not sure whether I will go back any time soon but vegetarians will love this place.

Service was good and prompt. There was a power cut and it took them more than 5 minutes to get the AC back on.

Cost: 750/- + taxes for adults and 500/- + taxes for kids. Meal for 2 adults and 2 kids came to Rs.3150/- all inclusive. TIPS extra.

Last edited by NoRules : 30th July 2012 at 11:37.
Old 30th July 2012, 12:20   #4727
Distinguished - BHPian

Been on a haleem eating spree the last few days and have tasted from following outlets and rank them in sequential order according to their taste

1. Shadab ( Low quantity) : Rs. 120 ( in dining area)
2. Hyline ( Low Quantity) : Rs.90
3. Bahar ( Good Quantity) : Rs.70
4. 555 ( Good Quantity) : Rs.90
5. Pakwaan ( Low quantity) : Rs.80 including a free pepsi

Shadab haleem was smooth, meaty and very consistent.

Hyline as usual was smooth, meaty and consistent

Bahar was little meaty but, not smooth but, quite good. Liked it over 555

555 was alright. They tried masking their taste with lots of cashewnuts

Pakwaan was also suprisingly good but, quanity was low. It was meaty in a good way

Shadab Haleem

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2012072900264.jpg

Pakwaan Haleem

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2012072800263.jpg

Veg Haleem at Pakwaan. It looked absolutely yucky
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2012072600240.jpg
Old 31st July 2012, 15:00   #4728
BHPian

Chef Inam's No. 1, a steak house, which was located on the left side just after you cross Hotel Golkonda at Masab Tank has closed down.

However, you can still get a good steak at Chef Inam's No. 2, located in the lane adjoining to Melting Moments and leading to Hotel Ebony, opposite KBR Park in Banjara Hills.

The pros are that this is a nicer and a cleaner place with much better ambiance. The cons are that it is priced way too high.
Old 1st August 2012, 12:53   #4729
Distinguished - BHPian

Today is my mom's birthday. As she is a veggie so we were wondering if it makes sense to go to a pure veg restuarant.

We are contemplating on having a thali either at Rajdhani or De Thali. Appreciate inputs on which one is good, type of dishes to expect, price and overall experience and taste etc.
Old 1st August 2012, 12:58   #4730
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Today is my mom's birthday. As she is a veggie so we were wondering if it makes sense to go to a pure veg restuarant.

We are contemplating on having a thali either at Rajdhani or De Thali. Appreciate inputs on which one is good, type of dishes to expect, price and overall experience and taste etc.
Instead of De-Thali, goto the Jiva.
Its on the left and De-Thali is on the right in the same building.

De-Thali is like a sub-set of the Jiva.

I personally love the food at Rajdhani. Been quite some time since I ate at their Hyderabad Outlet. However last month ate at Bangalore.
The food and service is almost always good.

Also no matter how much I eat there(Rajdhani), I never get heartburn or in-digestion.

-I usually have a bad feeling in my stomach when I eat in pure-veg (example: Bikanerwalla Buffet) places.
Old 1st August 2012, 14:31   #4731
BHPian

Quote:

Mobike008,

I have heard and also experienced it once, dinner of Jive/De Thali is not as good as lunch, though the spread could be huge but one may not enjoy the taste, in our case we did not and few friends have said the same thing that lunch is better that dinner.

Cannot comment about rajdhani as I have never been there. You can also look at some pure veg restaurant and go for ala carte.
Old 1st August 2012, 15:12   #4732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I personally love the food at Rajdhani. Been quite some time since I ate at their Hyderabad Outlet. However last month ate at Bangalore.The food and service is almost always good.
Thanks. I guess Rajdhani has moved to a different location? Where is it exactly? Whats the price of their Thali?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
You can also look at some pure veg restaurant and go for ala carte.
Any pure veg restuarants for ala-carte you have in mind?
Old 1st August 2012, 15:24   #4733
BHPian

Quote:
Any pure veg restuarants for ala-carte you have in mind?
You can try Utsav, Little Italy,Chutney's, these are some names which came to my my mind instatntly.
Old 1st August 2012, 15:34   #4734
BHPian

Quote:
You can try Utsav, Little Italy,Chutney's, these are some names which came to my my mind instatntly.
That La Liberty or something on Road 12 is finding favours with veggies.

Ohri's Jiva Imperia also has a good buffet spread.

Rajdhani is on the first floor adjoining Q-Mart (opposite Hyderabad House on Road No. 2, actually opposite Dr. Reddy's and TV9) and is below Thai Express or something like that.

Keep away from Utsav. It seems to have gone down the drain.

Why not Sholay and just order veg food?

Edit : Jalpaan above Spar in Begumpet?

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 1st August 2012 at 15:43.
Old 1st August 2012, 15:46   #4735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
That La Liberty or something on Road 12 is finding favours with veggies.
+1 Hyd_traveller.Without blink of an eye Ala liberty is one of the best place to have veg food in town. They are among the top caterers in hyderabad. Dinner buffet here is Rs.359/- all inclusive and spread is pretty good.
Old 1st August 2012, 16:49   #4736
BHPian

[quote=mobike008;2858434]Thanks. I guess Rajdhani has moved to a different location? Where is it exactly? Whats the price of their Thali?

Rajdhani has moved to opp TV9 Office in Banjara Hills, Rd No 3.

A place where I have not visited yet, but have been planning to do so for long. Only thing that stops me is, "Koi paise de kar veggies kaise kha saktha hai".

Cheers,
Ardy
Old 1st August 2012, 21:14   #4737
BHPian

Quote:

Avi bhai, I vouch for Rajdhani.

Reason : In other regular veg restaurants, you get the standard fare everywhere ; the same kind of curries, same dal, same paneer etc. In Rajdhani, they just keep alternating between their standard menus, which means that though they don't make too many things, they are atleast good at what they make. Also they have their week's menu updated on their site. So you can be prepared beforehand on what to expect.

Quote:
Been on a haleem eating spree the last few days and have tasted from following outlets and rank them in sequential order according to their taste

1. Shadab ( Low quantity) : Rs. 120 ( in dining area)
2. Hyline ( Low Quantity) : Rs.90
3. Bahar ( Good Quantity) : Rs.70
4. 555 ( Good Quantity) : Rs.90
5. Pakwaan ( Low quantity): Rs.80 including a free pepsi
I think this list is incomplete without the Paradise haleem. I don't know about the authenticity or heritage, but I can safely say that the Paradise haleem was the closest to 'Melting in your mouth' experience. Wonder what the experts have to say ?

Last edited by autotranny : 1st August 2012 at 21:22.
Old 2nd August 2012, 12:14   #4738
BHPian

Quote:
Appreciate inputs on which one is good, type of dishes to expect, price and overall experience and taste etc.
So, where did you finally go? What was the tab? How was the experience?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Only thing that stops me is, "Koi paise de kar veggies kaise kha saktha hai".
HaHaHa. LOL. I do love veggie food and many a times skip chicken for veg food but give me pork and veggies will go for a toss for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
I think this list is incomplete without the Paradise haleem. I don't know about the authenticity or heritage, but I can safely say that the Paradise haleem was the closest to 'Melting in your mouth' experience. Wonder what the experts have to say ?
Lets wait for the experts to state about Paradise haleem but in the meantime, let me tell what I saw in Paradise haleem :
I got a full marrow bone in the haleem with some meat piece clinging to the bone. The marrow inside was easily sucked out and eaten but was bland and with no flavour. The question which arose is which parts of the lamb/goat should be used for making haleem? Over to Traveloholic and Ravveendrra for their expert opinion (they did answer my question with their "gyaan" offline when I consulted them).

Also, Mobike008 has not yet tasted haleem at Shah Ghouse at Toli Chowki. How can any verdict be passed without eating haleem there?

Another important outlet is Point Pleasant on Road No. 10 in Banjara Hills. People who have eaten there vouch for it.
Old 2nd August 2012, 13:12   #4739
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I personally love the food at Rajdhani. Been quite some time since I ate at their Hyderabad Outlet
Quote:
Cannot comment about rajdhani as I have never been there. You can also look at some pure veg restaurant and go for ala carte.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
A place where I have not visited yet, but have been planning to do so for long. Only thing that stops me is, "Koi paise de kar veggies kaise kha saktha hai"
Quote:
Avi bhai, I vouch for Rajdhani
It was nice but, not a place i would go regularly.

Quote:
I think this list is incomplete without the Paradise haleem. Wonder what the experts have to say ?
Paradise Haleem each year was getting bad reviews. but, i heard from some of my friends this year its simply WOW

I am dying to try out Shahghouse, Sarvi, Paradise and Point Pleasant. Hopefully soon

Quote:
So, where did you finally go? What was the tab? How was the experience?
My experience below.

Quote:
Why not Sholay and just order veg food?
I should have done this instead as Rajdhani is not a place for a special occasion and i felt little embarrased for taking my mom on her birthday to this place

Yesterday been to much popular restuarant of many people here "Rajdhani" in Q-Mart Building, Rd.No 3, Banjara Hills.

This was my first visit to this place

Ambience was just about OK but, what impressed me was the quickness of service.

We were seated in a jiffy and even before we planted ourselves, 3 plates were laid out on the table. You can look at it in two ways; super fast service or they are in a hurry to seat the next customer on that table

Anyways, we were served with many curries, daals and snacks. Loved the snacks and small phulkas, pooris etc. What mom loved best was snacks, kichdi and curd rice

To be honest with you all, none of us enjoyed the food. Everything was too sweet for our palate and my mom being a veggies and doesnt relish too spicy food also said " It's nice" and not " It's awesome or mindblowing"

If anyone is a Gujarati here (Traveloholic is one) and has eaten food at "Anookhoot" which is mass food ( Like a langar in Gurudwara) served at Krishna Temple, will find Rajdhani's food almost similar. I grew up eating this food 2-3 times a year as there is a Krishna temple in colony where I grew up.

I am not saying the food is bad. Each and every item was good quality and rich but, taste was bland/sweet. They served a peas and paneer curry. When I tasted it for a moment i thought was it a sweet dish...lol!

For e.g:- They served 3 sweets. Basundai, Chamcham and Moong Halwa.

Moon Halwa was mindblowing. Other two sweets were mediocre

Price per Thali : Rs.285 A.I

P.S: Actually, it was a wrong idea to go there to celebrate a birthday as we were served food so fast that our dinner was over in < 15 mins and felt like we were having food at home considering the simplicity of the food. I think this place is best enjoyed on normal days.

Anways, I am not going back there anytime sooner

Finally, the much talked about RAJDHANI Thali conquered

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2012080100281.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd August 2012 at 13:16.
Old 2nd August 2012, 14:04   #4740
BHPian

Zurna Combo is now again VFM since they have replaced jeera rice with biryani though they have hiked the price to 160/- (by 10/-).
The biryani is the same one as Garden at Clock Tower in Secunderabad.

Attn Mods : Uploading using android phone, please rotate image if it loads sideways.

Last edited by bblost : 2nd August 2012 at 14:14. Reason: Picture did not get uploaded.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks