Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 19:42   #2326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
My personal best Coen Brothers' film is 'Raising Arizona'.
hmmm, will have to look for it now.

with so much talk of Coen brother's, i looked up a list of their releases and came up with one i havent heard of: "The man who wasnt there"
has anyone seen this one?

watched "the seven year itch" [stars monroe] on saturday. hadnt seen any of her movies before this one. is a comedy, homorous in parts.
Would rate it 3/5 at best. ok for a one time watch.
Old 29th June 2010, 19:50   #2327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Yeah! Looked up over the internet. It is not clear whether it is on a true story or not, but the ending credit rolls suggested that it is inspired from a true story or based on a true account of a FedEx employee, but what the hell, it will go down as a Tom Hank Classic, actually another classic, after Philadelphia, Forest Gump, Cast Away and many others. What an actor!
Add to that "The Terminal" based on a true story; Its a lovely movie, never know when you're at the edge of the chair. Another good movie from Tom Hanks - "What about Bob"; there's a Thamizh movie "Thenali", starring Kamal Hassan, based on this movie.
Old 29th June 2010, 20:05   #2328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Add to that "The Terminal" based on a true story; Its a lovely movie,
Its a lovely movie for sure and I guess the real person was stranded for 10 years in some airport in France. I read this in the newspapers and proclaimed 'Barbaric' upon reading this.
Old 29th June 2010, 20:30   #2329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
3) After the Sunset:The story of what happens after a master thief achieves his last big score. Pierce Brosnan at his best with the awesome lady Salma Hayek.
This is one hella of movie. Exotic locations, Hot Salma Hayek, My fav Atlantis - Bahamas, my current wallpaper.

Did you notice a Santro type yellow car in the movie? I think it was previous generation santro looking at the lights. Its when Loyd is following Brosnan before they go to a festival.
Old 29th June 2010, 21:02   #2330
BANNED

Saw Shaolin Soccer.

Is it a movie.....?

Not by any standards.

I give it a -100 / 10

That movie s***s
Old 29th June 2010, 22:19   #2331
Senior - BHPian

Thrillers
Watched these 2 in Star Movies/HBO couple of times - Reindeer Games & Snake Eyes.
Another thriller I can remember watching in AXN several years back - Nick of Time (Johnny Depp); Another great thriller I can add is "The Telephone Booth" - simply superb!!!

Last edited by aargee : 29th June 2010 at 22:20.
Old 30th June 2010, 12:28   #2332
Distinguished - BHPian

Godfather-III starring Al Pacino and Andy Garcia

Continuing with this saga, this movie is breathtaking in the same way as its prequels. I love the atmosphere, calmness, a distinct color tone used for entire movie and ofcourse the stellar starcast.

I loved Andy Garcia in this movie. Same savvyness carried over in Ocean's 11 too. Apt to take over reins from Michael Corleone in this movie.

Sofia Cappola is quite pretty.

Dont miss watching this movie. Collectors item

5/5

P.S: Next in line is "Thelma & Louise" Anybody watched it? Pointers?
Old 1st July 2010, 08:13   #2333
Senior - BHPian

Just went for Eclipse Twilight Saga. It is kind of a sweet movie with a superb fight scene. Just a couple of things. Are wolves really that big in real time as compared to humans. Next the vampires are not supposed to face daylight last time I checked. Has that changed now ? Most of my friends found the girl cute. I didn't. I didn't like the way she chose the...ok that will kill the one she chose to be with.

Most funny dialog "I'm hotter than you" This was said to the Vampire by the warewolf when they are protecting the girl from cold.

The guys who watched the movie after reading the novel, said, the novel was better. I didn't read no novel, heck I did not know it was a sequel until I was tricked into swiping my credit card. The refreshements cost me 21$ and thats enough of getting ripped off for a day. Whoooooosh! Goodnight ya'll.

Rating: Aa..what the hell, go watch it. I watched it at Imax and the clearity was superb. I seriously thought this is going to guarantee a good 2 hour sleep, but it did not. So I guess it is good afterall.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 1st July 2010 at 08:15.
Old 1st July 2010, 13:22   #2334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Just went for Eclipse Twilight Saga. It is kind of a sweet movie with a superb fight scene. Just a couple of things. Are wolves really that big in real time as compared to humans. Next the vampires are not supposed to face daylight last time I checked. Has that changed now ? Most of my friends found the girl cute. I didn't. I didn't like the way she chose the...ok that will kill the one she chose to be with.
Vampires not facing daylight is said to be a misreading of the old books which led to countless movies where Vampires face day light and get burned. I think the novels that these movies are based on ( The Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer ), did away with this convention. By the way, this is the 3rd movie in the series and i think there are another 3 or 4 movies on their way.
Old 1st July 2010, 14:06   #2335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
this is the 3rd movie in the series and i think there are another 3 or 4 movies on their way.
As of now 2 more of the series is confirmed. The 4th novel will be divided into two movie parts.

BTW, new moon was junk, first one was better. Hope third is at par with first one rather than new moon.
Old 1st July 2010, 14:45   #2336
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
My personal best Coen Brothers' film is 'Raising Arizona'.
I personally found "Raising Arizona" unbearable. I switched it off after 45 minutes.
The Coen films I have liked were Intolerable Cruelty, Miller's Crossing & No country for Old men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Another good movie from Tom Hanks - "What about Bob"; there's a Thamizh movie "Thenali", starring Kamal Hassan, based on this movie.
"What about Bob" is one of my favourite comedies of all time, but it doesn't star Tom Hanks. It has Bill Murray.

"Deewana Mastana" has parts of it copied from "What about Bob?"
Old 1st July 2010, 16:04   #2337
Senior - BHPian

Serving Sara (2002): Liz Hurley, Matthew Perry Its a good movie. Its not an oscar material neither it is an extraordinary film. Its motto is to entertain for an hr n half and it doesn't disappoint. Its a comedy-chase kinda film. Enjoyable, funny. Matthew Perry (of Friends fame) is good, spot on comedy with good timing for dialogs, excellent chemistry with Liz Hurley. Hurley does a good job and she is HOT. The idea for story(perry makes a living with serving summons) is fresh and i like it. There are a couple of unwanted scenes, but it can be ignored looking at larger picture. Go ahead, have fun. 4/5.
Old 1st July 2010, 16:12   #2338
BHPian

Any of the Tom Hanks ones. Few of my all time favourites are The Terminal, Cast Away, Forest Gump and the Green Mile. I have lost count of how many times i have seen these above mentioned flicks.
Old 4th July 2010, 14:05   #2339
Senior - BHPian

Set it off (1996)

Its about four women who rob banks to take revenge with the 'system' that has ruined their lives.

A good heist movie, excellent performance from leads. The bond shared between the ladies is outstanding and makes it a worthwhile watch. Pace of the movie is just right. Its not an all out action movie but a good thriller.

A must rent-dvd category.

4/5

Bad Boy (2002)

Its all about how an egoist man sets out to apologize to 12 ladies for his misdeed in the past to inherit a million dollars. Accompanying him is Liz Hurley.

The film is a funny love story, cool landscape of West. Hurley looks smashing. Her chemistry with Doug is very good.

Apparently, Bachna ae Hasino was inspired from this movie.

3.5/5

Last edited by chevelle : 4th July 2010 at 14:10.
Old 4th July 2010, 16:57   #2340
Senior - BHPian

^^ Dude how did you like the Eclipse Twilight saga ? Did you watch it ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks