Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2017, 14:41   #6691
BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Kong - Skull Island: 6/10

Meh. Not really that good. Trailer looked promising, but the actual film wasn't really impressive. As usual, we went because we effin love Loki & Nick Fury. But sadly, they couldn't really do much to the film. Story isn't that great TBH. Kids might like it. OK to give this a miss IMO, and wait for it to appear on Netflix.
Old 21st March 2017, 03:24   #6692
Senior - BHPian

Hands of steel:

Anyone likes boxing movies should watch this about a boxer named Roberto duran. He was reputed and got a trainer as Robert de niro, who then helps him go through the world of professional boxing in new York. The fights are great and the story is amazing.

Its a proper rags to riches story of a man who came from poverty and couldn't read and fought and won a match against sugar ray. Who lost just one match.

3.5/5

Maddy
Old 21st March 2017, 16:19   #6693
Senior - BHPian

Hands of Stone actually. Hands of Steel was something else. Yes it was a good watch.

[quote=maddy42;4167108]Hands of steel:
Old 21st March 2017, 16:31   #6694
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anybody seen this movie, ?
Old, but was one of the best martial arts on screen ever. I saw it 98 or thereabouts, and it took me 7-8 years to find it again.
Still is, I think. I really thought this guy, Mark Dacascos, would be the next big thing, but he's mostly been relegated to B movies. Pity.
Old 21st March 2017, 16:33   #6695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Kong - Skull Island: 6/10

Meh. Not really that good. Trailer looked promising, but the actual film wasn't really impressive. As usual, we went because we effin love Loki & Nick Fury. But sadly, they couldn't really do much to the film. Story isn't that great TBH. Kids might like it. OK to give this a miss IMO, and wait for it to appear on Netflix.
Watched it last night. Knew what i was getting into so had a fun time Too many characters though, not really needed. Sam Jackson tried to be like Arnold in Predator

But leaving the storyline, lack of characterisation aside, i felt the monsters were done well. Can't wait for King Kong and Godzilla to battle it out
Old 24th March 2017, 17:30   #6696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Has anybody seen this movie, Drive?
Old, but was one of the best martial arts on screen ever. I saw it 98 or thereabouts, and it took me 7-8 years to find it again.
Still is, I think. I really thought this guy, Mark Dacascos, would be the next big thing, but he's mostly been relegated to B movies. Pity.
I have seen it many times, trying to find an DVD copy or online copy.
The fight scenes were much better than the budget for the film.

Underappreciated movie. A great 'cola and pizza' movie.

Last edited by Eddy : 24th March 2017 at 19:17. Reason: Rule # 11
Old 24th March 2017, 17:33   #6697
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
I have seen it many times, trying to find an DVD copy or online copy.
The fight scenes were much better than the budget for the film.

Underappreciated movie. A great 'cola and pizza' movie.
The video I posted is the full film.
Enjoy it with your edibles and beverages....

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th March 2017 at 20:27. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 24th March 2017, 18:11   #6698
Senior - BHPian

Watched "Office Christmas Party" yesterday. Timepass fun. Nothing great but on a lazy night, it was an ok flick to watch.
Old 25th March 2017, 17:09   #6699
Senior - BHPian

Beauty and the Beast - Rating 4/5

Superbly made movie. Amazing special effects, great songs (lots of them) , Emma Watson looks gorgeous.

Please watch it in IMAX if you can. Totally worth the extra bucks.
Old 26th March 2017, 20:02   #6700
BHPian

Life - 7.5/10

Science fiction fan here. Barring a few logical inconsistencies, an edge of the seat entertainer. Too bad Captain Deadpool has a very short role. Story isn't all that great, or new even, but the storytelling is pretty darn good. Great background score, excellent camera work. To me it seemed to be a heady mix of Alien & Gravity.
Old 26th March 2017, 20:12   #6701
Distinguished - BHPian

Conspiracy(2001)
This I had never even heard of. It's about the Wannsee conference. Based on actual records it's shocking when you realize what the numbers being discussed are about in what could be a meeting at any office.
Brilliant work. Heydrich, the actor, brilliantly portrayed.
5/5
Old 6th April 2017, 19:36   #6702
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Would recommend 'Equity' to anyone who likes business flicks. Anna Gunn is no Michael Douglas in Wall Street, yet the movie is very entertaining. Will give it 4 / 5 stars.

Watched it via YouTube for 150 bucks.

Old 13th April 2017, 10:25   #6703
Senior - BHPian

Fast and Furious 8 (Fate of the furious) - Rating 3.5/5

Outrageous !!! One word to describe the movie. From the first race, to the car-flying-all-over scene till the tundra scene, everything is outrageous. But, watching this outrageous movie at IMAX 3D is fun.

From the trailer, you can make out the plot that Dom goes rogue against his family. WHY? Well, the reason is not so convincing and a bit far fetched too.

Dom meets a super villain while he is living a peaceful life in Cuba and things start moving. The super villain is also an expert cyber criminal/hacker and literally can control anything and everything from her office in mid-air.

Honestly, I think they should stop making F&F now. There is really nothing new to offer, in terms of story or emotional content. All they can do is create a visual spectacle and numb the audience with over the board special effects.

The entire scene in the 2nd half shot in Tundra is my pick of this version and totally worth a watch.

Overall, watch this movie in IMAX 3D if you can, or watch it as world TV premier on Star Movies later.
Old 13th April 2017, 16:44   #6704
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Outrageous !!! One word to describe the movie. From the first race, to the car-flying-all-over scene till the tundra scene, everything is outrageous.
Thanks for the review! I was scared to walk into a theatre to see Furious 8, as the wounds from watching Furious 7 are still fresh.

So, this is another masala-laden action flick which just happens to have some cars? Is it any better than Furious 7?
Old 13th April 2017, 19:00   #6705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks for the review! I was scared to walk into a theatre to see Furious 8, as the wounds from watching Furious 7 are still fresh.

So, this is another masala-laden action flick which just happens to have some cars? Is it any better than Furious 7?
Much much better than Furious 7. And there aren't some cars, almost every car you can think of is there. Masala stuff aside its a must watch for a car enthusiast. Complete paisa vasool for me. Just don't expect a mind boggling script and you will enjoy it. Quite a few witty one liners all around

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks