Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2023, 10:42   #4351
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Watched Rocky aur Rani ki Prem kahani yesterday. A 2.5/5 at best.

Bad script, bad dialogues, bad screenplay, a few good actors and some good songs. The first half reminded me of Cirkus, another cringe movie. Second half was much better. I fail to understand how Mr.Johar still uses the same formula in each of his movies; focussing again and again on the Jaya Bachchan who is was forced to sport a weird expression on her face.

On the other hand, Jaane Jaan was a 4/5. A tad slow but kept wife and me hooked to the story till the end. Loved the bits by Jaideep Alhawat and Vijay Verma.

Last edited by ashis89 : 25th September 2023 at 10:46.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 11:33   #4352
BHPian

Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani on Prime Video.

Typically mindless Karan Johan movie. Ranveer & Alia have done justice to their casting. The storyline does not deserve any special mention. Some bits are random.
P.s. Alia looks absolutely stunning throughout the movie.
Overall, 3/5.

Jaane Jaan on Netflix.

Felt like a drag actually, but did keep the whole family hooked till the end, even though just for the sake of it. Good treatment. Jaideep Ahlawat has done a masterful job.
3.5/5
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 15:21   #4353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Jaane Jaan: Only when I started watching, realised that it is based on the book- 'Devotion of suspect x'. I had already read the book and the movie is a very faithful adaptation.
Balaji Films had bought the movie adaptation rights of "Devotion of suspect X" quite early. Around the time Kahaani got released, Sujoy Ghosh had told in multiple interviews that he was keen on making the hindi adaptation of the novel.

But then Jeetu Joseph got 'inspired' and made Drishyam, and the plan by Balaji/Sujoy to make the official adaptation got understandably delayed.

Read this Scroll article from 2015

Quote:
Drishyam’s writer and director, Jeethu Joseph, has repeatedly denied similarities between his 2013 release and the Japanese thriller, which was published in 2005 and translated in 2011. To be fair to Joseph, Drishyam’s uses only the bare-bones plot of Higashino’s audacious story to weave his own yarn about crime and punishment
Quote:
Meanwhile, Ekta Kapoor’s Balaji Telefilms has taken the trouble of buying the adaptation rights of the Japanese novel. But that version, to be directed by Kahaani filmmaker Sujoy Ghosh, is languishing in development hell, and by the time it emerges, it is likely to find its thunder already stolen by the Hindi Drishyam. Kapoor sent a legal notice to Joseph last year, but the filmmaker declared that his film was “neither an adaptation nor a copy”.
I haven't seen the Jaane Jaan yet; Being a fan of both Keigo Higashino and Sujoy Ghosh, I am looking forward to watch it soon.

Hope Sujoy Ghosh takes up adaptations of his other works, especially Malice.

Last edited by DigitalOne : 25th September 2023 at 15:26.
Old 27th September 2023, 09:57   #4354
BHPian

Watched Jawan, for wife's sake, nice sleek direction with a message.
SRK - overdose,
Nayanthara - 1st time, what a beauty.
Dipika - waste of talent.
Mukesh Chabbra - in a comic role, please avoid acting, you're doing well as a Casting Director.
Music - can't recollect any song.
Watched it this late - affordable ticket prices.
Vinod_nair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 11:06   #4355
Senior - BHPian

Saw Mukesh's overacting in one TV series as well . He should stick to Casting. Rest of your review is bang on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
Mukesh Chabbra - in a comic role, please avoid acting, you're doing well as a Casting Director
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 16:24   #4356
Senior - BHPian

Amul special doodle as SRK’s blockbuster hits magic figure of Rs 1000 crores!

The Hindi Movies Thread-20230928_162313.jpg
Old 29th September 2023, 00:16   #4357
Senior - BHPian

The Vaccine War - 5/5

This is one excellent movie. It is quite surprising that such movies doesn't get so much publicity as the dumb masala movies, like the recently released SRK one.

Great direction and like Kashmir Files, the director has done a good research of the subject here as well and did a brilliant casting. Marvelous Nana Patekar and the rest of the gang.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 29th September 2023 at 00:21.
balenoed_ is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 09:53   #4358
BHPian

Anyone has watched FUKREY 3? Supposed to be a laugh riot.

Loved the 1st one, 2nd was so so predictable.
Old 29th September 2023, 10:24   #4359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
The Vaccine War - 5/5

This is one excellent movie. It is quite surprising that such movies doesn't get so much publicity as the dumb masala movies, like the recently released SRK one.

Great direction and like Kashmir Files, the director has done a good research of the subject here as well and did a brilliant casting. Marvelous Nana Patekar and the rest of the gang.
Thanks for sharing. I'm quite surprised at your positive feedback. People (I know) who had gone to theatre to watch this have come out prior to or during intervals stating the movie is total crap to watch.

I watched the trailer - while the premise is based on the book "Going Viral" (a pretty direct account of making of Covaxin), the movie seems a bit too much to absorb. It'll be interesting to see what others on the forum have the say once they watch this movie. I'll probably stay away till it hits OTT and garners more all-round feedback.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 29th September 2023 at 10:27.
ninjatalli is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 10:43   #4360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I watched the trailer - while the premise is based on the book "Going Viral" (a pretty direct account of making of Covaxin), the movie seems a bit too much to absorb. It'll be interesting to see what others on the forum have the say once they watch this movie. I'll probably stay away till it hits OTT and garners more all-round feedback.
+1. Had the same feeling when I saw the trailer. If it turns out to be good, I would it watch on OTT.

Kashmir Files had a lot of hype. So much so that we wanted to catch it in the theater but couldn't make it. Waited impatiently for it to come on OTT and when it did, we didn't like what we saw. The underlying story were inspired from real incidents and I connect with that. But I would prefer to know about those incidents in a documentary or so. As a movie, I felt Kashmir Files was badly directed and not a good watch. Watch Haider instead, I would.
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 11:18   #4361
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

This may be off topic but would completely agree on what you have said. I have seen the trailer and am very certain of what the director wants to say through the movie. One can get the underlying theme very easily and I would not be surprised if lies have been interwoven in the movie to look like facts.

Having been through one of the worst phases of COVID, all these ways to garner money through capitalising tragedies is the worst and even worst is the fact that a film is made on vaccines when we all know how our authorities were caught sleeping over ordering the vaccines !! The CORONAVIRUS thread on the forum is a grim reminder of those times. But then, I would not be surprised if this movie also makes money, after all movies like Ready, Wanted, Pathan, Kashmir Files also made money !!

And as far as nonsense movies go, they are as bad in the theaters as they are on OTT

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 29th September 2023 at 11:24.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 11:21   #4362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
Anyone has watched FUKREY 3? Supposed to be a laugh riot.

Loved the 1st one, 2nd was so so predictable.
Watched it with my wife yesterday. We got out with about half an hour to spare. Got bored to death, but some in the audience were laughing hysterically, so can't speak generally about the quality of the film.
jomyboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 17:29   #4363
Team-BHP Support

I may be wrong, but I believe our opinion on movies like Vaccine War is greatly infunced by our own political bias. Folks will like or dislike the movie depending on which political side they lean towards.
Eddy is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 20:09   #4364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I may be wrong, but I believe our opinion on movies like Vaccine War is greatly infunced by our own political bias. Folks will like or dislike the movie depending on which political side they lean towards.
For me, while giving five star for The Vaccine War, I am absolutely not influenced by any political bias, Honestly, I do not even have any bias.

Movie review is purely based on subject, script, perfection, acting, entertainment and etc. The political quotient is the last or nil.

Now when it comes to Vaccine War, it showcases the achievement of India, as a country and not of any party. I don't think the rating would differ if any other party was at the helm.
Old 29th September 2023, 20:50   #4365
BHPian

And just like that, a movie like 'The Kashmir Files' is clubbed along with movies like Ready, Wanted, & Pathan.

Truly a reflection of the times we are living in.

Last edited by itisK : 29th September 2023 at 21:15. Reason: Typo correction.
itisK is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks