Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2023, 16:05   #4291
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Sirf Ek Bandaa Kaafi Hai = 5 stars

What a brilliant movie! Manoj Vajpai is an absolute rockstar. He is in the league of Nasseeriddin Shah & Anupam Kher when it comes to acting. His closing arguments in the case were an absolute delight to watch. My MIL couldn't stop crying, lol.

The movie is based on how Asaram Bapu was convicted of rape etc and doesn't have one dull moment.

I wonder why it skipped the theatres and popular OTT channels. Showing on Zee5, so you might have to subscribe only for this or find some other way out. But DO NOT MISS IT!

Edit: Just noticed the pic above, it is a Zee5 original. Well done Zee!

Last edited by Eddy : 25th June 2023 at 16:06.
Eddy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 20:36   #4292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

What a brilliant movie! Manoj Vajpai is an absolute rockstar.
Watched based on the recommendation. Truly a great movie and and wonderful acting by Manoj Bajpayee.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 01:05   #4293
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched the web-series 'Jee Karda' in Prime.

It's all about few messed up, toxic & confused relationships revolving among few school time friends.

I will rate it 2/5.

Last edited by Samba : 29th June 2023 at 01:07.
Old 29th June 2023, 09:40   #4294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

What a brilliant movie! Manoj Vajpai is an absolute rockstar. He is in the league of Nasseeriddin Shah & Anupam Kher when it comes to acting. His closing arguments in the case were an absolute delight.

Edit: Just noticed the pic above, it is a Zee5 original. Well done Zee!
Saw this when it came out.
That closing argument has to be one of the best court scenes I have seen. The analogy with the mythology was so neatly done. Manoj needs to get more commercial roles. Imo he has always been right there with Irfan khan when it comes to natural acting.
harry10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 12:21   #4295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
KKBKKJ (too cringy to spell out)

Streaming: Zee5

I did a huge mistake by watching this movie, Selmon Khan at his usual worst with his mandatory shirt off scenes. No plot, not even an ounce of acting. Was amused to see the boxer Vijendra singh in a laughable Hariyanvi accent playing the antagonist. The only saving grace of the movie was the gorgeous Pooja Hegde and her cute expressions. Satish Kaushik probably in his last film was in his usual best. Avoid at all expense, instead go for a drive.

Rating: 1/5
I started watching this, with a plan to watch 15-20 mins every day for a week. I could only manage 15 mins on the 1st day and 5 mins on the second and third, excluding the skip forwards. I am want to watch it for Satish Kaushik and would probably need another 10 days to complete the whole movie.

It's an absolute cringefest so far, scene by scene. I would rate it 0 or even negative.
Old 30th June 2023, 07:37   #4296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I started watching this, with a plan to watch 15-20 mins every day for a week. I could only manage 15 mins on the 1st day
Similar thing I had planned for Pathan by SRK. Haven't been able to start my day 2 yet. First day experience was so pathetic. Made me wonder how come this movie crossed all records !
Old 30th June 2023, 15:16   #4297
Senior - BHPian

I think Salman Khan is losing his box office appeal fast. I am not sure whether he even appeals to Gen Z anymore. And for those of us who saw him in his prime, it seems to be all too familiar and boring. Pathan managed to get by through over the top VFX, "Unashamed" marketing and an SRK who is (personally speaking) more appealing when doing edgy roles than romantic ones.

Last edited by GTO : 1st July 2023 at 13:16. Reason: Please don’t write in whatsapp lingo.
Old 30th June 2023, 15:42   #4298
Distinguished - BHPian

Appeal would come much later in the discussion, "Kisi ka bhai...." doesn't have anything in its favour - no story, no acting, poor screenplay, poor graphics, poor sets, a bunch of wasted actors and a very tired looking demi-god.

If I were to rate Pathan a (2/5) then this will be (-1/5). One should be paid to watch this movie and not the other way around.

Last edited by ashis89 : 30th June 2023 at 15:47.
Old 1st July 2023, 01:43   #4299
BHPian

Has anyone watched the movie "PIHU", a true thriller movie to match, the movie is not for the weak hearted and will leave you disturbed for some time, I would recommend to watch but with good caution. I would rate it 5/5, for the concept and how it was framed, a little slow but good watch.
udzgodfather is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 12:35   #4300
BHPian

Just finished watching Afwaah : what a movie ! It precisely portrays the sad state of affairs in some parts of our country. ( no wonder it gets 5/10 in IMDB )

Would rate it 4 out of 5.
Sk8r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 20:46   #4301
BHPian

Watched 'Tarla' on ZEE5 - amazing movie about the life of Tarla Dalal, Huma Qureshi aced it. Will give it 10 star
amartya_bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 17:19   #4302
Team-BHP Support

Watched IB71 on HotStar.

Said to be "inspired by true events", this is the story of the hijacking of Indian Airlines aircraft VT-DMA from Srinagar, made to land in Lahore.

libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 07:27   #4303
BHPian

Watched Satyaprem ki Katha at the Cinema last week.

They deliver a strong message amidst all the song, dance and subtle comedy. The movie touches on a range of topics like consent, dowry, patriarchy, unemployed male family member but it never felt like it was being pushed down the audience’s throat.
The lead stars make the film worth the time and the songs are nice.

Overall, a new take on the current times with great looking actors to deliver the message.
4.5/5
ashish2135 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 17:23   #4304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amartya_bhp View Post
Watched 'Tarla' on ZEE5 - amazing movie about the life of Tarla Dalal, Huma Qureshi aced it. Will give it 10 star
Saw the Movie today wasnt really impressed by Huma's acting though she’s a good actor but fails to bring Tarla Dalal’s warmth and charm to life. I felt Sharib Hashmi's restrained performance was the highlight of the movie. There were hardly any scenes of cooking rather more to the emotional journey of the great cook. Good to see the fantastic Bharati Achrekar on the screen after a long time. Can be a one time watch.

Rating: 3.5/5
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 02:21   #4305
BHPian

Bawaal. Streaming on Amazon Prime. Excellent Story telling with not one but many philosophies.

Although the mass reviews are not good, still it's gripping. It's predictive but not boring. It is categorised as Comedy (not overdone), but has got very serious social messages all across the Movie. The first half an hour looks boring, but it is the backdrop of the whole story. It's a documentary for the masses. Do watch with your spouse, if you're married, as well as your children.

Last edited by jaaz : 22nd July 2023 at 02:25.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks