Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2023, 15:44   #4276
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Bheed on Netflix
The movie is a bold and cruel reminder of the different layers of what happened. Of course the perspective of the wage-workers on foot, the infection catching up, the confusion about who's spreading it. But also a very apt, empathy-filled portrayal of the police, who is easy to villify in face of such an internal war and age of fake news. All commoners, all perplexed, all hungry and how they reacted.

Having watched this migration from very close quarters, as we were supporting a group of volunteers feeding the labourers, and we had access to live footage everyday, this movie has been a personal trigger for me.

Can't judge the actual moviemaking or merit of the cinematography in the face of the little stories and the powerful acting that unfold. Though dramatised and preachy, overall it is emotionally unravelling and humane.

4.5/5 just for the boldness with which everything came together for the making of this movie. Especially the coming together of powerful actors such as Pankaj Kapoor, Ashutosh Rana, Veerendra Saxena.

Last edited by DogNDamsel12 : 4th June 2023 at 16:00.
DogNDamsel12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 12:35   #4277
Senior - BHPian

Bhediya

Streaming: Jio Cinema

The film saw multiple delays in releasing on OTT. I was expecting a laugh fest since the movie was a horror comedy but it turned out be good if not Ok. The CG were top notch for Indian movie standards. The overacting by Varun Dhawan continues with some pale dialogues/punches thrown in at times. Don't know what was Kriti Sanon doing in this movie with that weird hair style. Deepak Dobriyal is kind of wasted in the movie. The movie could have much better. The only saving grace of the movie was the beautiful locales of Arunachal Pradesh.

Rating: 2.5/5
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 14:13   #4278
BHPian

Adipurush - 2.5/5

Watched it today, the first-day first-show at 8 AM itself. The show was fairly filled although not Housefull. There were few Jai Shri Ram Slogans but overall it was a muted crowd.

Coming to the movie, it is very difficult to put thoughts into words. I would not say it is the worst movie of the year but miles away from a great movie.

Visuals Effects -- I saw it in 3D and I felt multiple reactions to it. In some places, the VFX was tacky and too bad, in some places, it was too good as well. But the best part of 3D is when you forget to realize that it is in 3D. For example, The only movie I felt where I could not even realize it was a 3D one was Life of Pi by legendary Ang Lee. I felt this movie also has a few such moments. But the Tacky part will overshadow everything else as it was out-of-the-world Tacky.

Story -- Most of us know the story in and out. But there are lots of twists and turns in the movie which are a bit silly, frustrating and a bit pathetic. Few such scenes and dialogues are absolutely disgusting and to be frank a bit sad to watch.

Casting -- Prabhas shines although the Hindi version won't bring full justice to his acting. Need to see the reactions of Andhra/Telangana folks to understand if he nailed it. His calm demeanor suits the role though. Kirti Sanon has very little to do, though I could not feel any chemistry between them. Laxman is a complete miscast. Among all these, Hanuman has the most cringe-worthy makeup. But Saif takes the cake for making Ravan look like a circus clown.

BGM -- This is one department that has outshined everyone else and kind of makes it easy for people to be involved and hooked on to it. Absolutely superb

Still, Overall I would still say it is a one-time watch Paisa vasool movie. Don't go in with expectations and more importantly, please don't even think to compare this with our Ramanand Sagar Adaptation.

PS: There is one small thing which most of the public might miss but I do not want to tell it now. I shall come back to this post few weeks as that might be a small spoiler. But that point is my biggest negative point of the move.
RaghuVis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 16:36   #4279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Adipurush - 2.5/5

Coming to the movie, it is very difficult to put thoughts into words. I would not say it is the worst movie of the year but miles away from a great movie.
8AM was late; I was at the 06:30 show (Telugu) at PVR Vega City, Bangalore and it was sold-out.

While Prabhas fits the role, I felt he was grossly under-utilised in such a characterisation (maybe Bahubali spoilt me). There was absolutely no scope for acting - every character does some kind of ramp-walk all the time; excluding Raavan, who walks like he's got piles.

The movie looked and emoted like an animated movie, was a snooze-fest and cannot come close to 10% of Ramanand Sagar's adaptation.

PS: The inaccurate scene in the snow-clad mountain, is hard to miss
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 09:39   #4280
Senior - BHPian

6:30 am show on Friday. Lot of enthusiasm you have. Seeing the response from people about cheapness in dialogues done by Manoj Muntashir is just not acceptable.

Wanted to take my teen daughter for better understanding of Ramayana, but now I feel watching Ramanand Sagars Ramayan is a better idea.
tanwaramit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 10:16   #4281
Senior - BHPian

Bloody Daddy

Streaming: Jio Cinema

Expected something good from the movie, turned out to be the worst. What was Shahid Kapoor thinking when he signed this movie? Ronit Roy and Sanjay Kapoor in miniscule roles are wasted. Avoid, Avoid, Avoid at all costs.

Rating: 1/5
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 11:15   #4282
BHPian

Adipurush : -1/5

How could ALL the people who've worked on it not realise that this would be criticised by a massive part of India's demographic that has watched Ramanand Sagars' Ramayan (including the left liberal/non-conservative section, even non-Hindus' have seen it with reverence) in our childhood ?

I'm not convinced that this movie is a product which cost ₹600 Crore to make. This is like a horrible skit made over a zoom call by terribly foolish & drunk people with whatever props they found in the trash bin of their garage.
WorkingGuru is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 17:09   #4283
BHPian

]Adipurush
Rating 0/5

This movie is work of pure incompetence, stupidity and lack of conviction.
It's painful to watch - what they have done to this great epic is deplorable.
To start with, VFX is shoddy. Prabhas is yet to come out of Bahubali's shadow. He clearly is a misfit for Lord Ram's role. VFX is so bad that in some scenes he looks as if he is created by AI. His face shows his age.
No words for Saif. They have made him walk as if he has back pain. Ravan was a pandit, a great king. Saif is made to look exact opposite. Kingdom Lanka was supposed to be a gold mine. In this movie it appears to be a coal mine.

Almost everyone knows Ramayan. So director's role was the utmost important here - how you present the story and what different view you bring to the table. Direction is very very pathetic. No creativity, out of box views. Some dialogues are real chapari.
No character has depth, detailing. No scene is shot giving it a thought.

I really think any TDH would have done a better job at direction. This is the worst movie I have seen in many many years.
StepUP! is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 19:55   #4284
Distinguished - BHPian

I was looking up the past experience of the director and realised that he has done only 2 films before. One of which was Tanhaji , which won a lot of awards but I personally felt was poorly done. In my view, you need a lot more experience and a really unique vision to pull off such a big budget epic successfully.

My daughter's classmate who was apparently really really looking forward to watching Adipurush shared this one liner review which was the best one I have read/heard and summarizes the sentiment aptly.

He apparently said: "Seems like it was made by POGO Channel for kids under 3"
Old 17th June 2023, 23:09   #4285
Senior - BHPian

Enough is already said about Adipurush seems like.

Not sure if its just me, I liked Ravan's character done by Saif much more appealing and gorgeous, with some good BGM's if at all there is something. Prabas's make up and VFX was an eyesore. It looked like he himself was made out graphics. The charm was missing with all the godly characters. A tensed Rama throughout. A depressed Lakshmana. Ravana stole the show, if you ask me.

2/5

Last edited by balenoed_ : 17th June 2023 at 23:14.
Old 18th June 2023, 01:33   #4286
Team-BHP Support

After the second trailer of Adipurush, I had decided to watch it on the big screen. Specially for my 12 year old. I haven't even heard a SINGLE good review of the movie, so will wait for the OTT release.
Old 18th June 2023, 01:48   #4287
Distinguished - BHPian

Talking of Ramayana, anybody recall the animated movie Ramayana: The legend of Prince Ram? It was a collective effort between Jap and Indian artists.

It is quite well made, remember watching it on tv in Hindi. But, the official channel only has the english version.

Dry Ice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 02:25   #4288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Talking of Ramayana, anybody recall the animated movie Ramayana: The legend of Prince Ram? It was a collective effort between Jap and Indian artists.

It is quite well made, remember watching it on tv in Hindi. But, the official channel only has the english version.
It was excellent, a real treat to the eyes and ears. I remember watching the Hindi version on YouTube a few months ago.

Edit: Found the link(s).
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...d1THDn_nC0SB7d

Last edited by ashis89 : 18th June 2023 at 02:36.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 08:47   #4289
Senior - BHPian

KKBKKJ (too cringy to spell out)

Streaming: Zee5

I did a huge mistake by watching this movie, Selmon Khan at his usual worst with his mandatory shirt off scenes. No plot, not even an ounce of acting. Was amused to see the boxer Vijendra singh in a laughable Hariyanvi accent playing the antagonist. The only saving grace of the movie was the gorgeous Pooja Hegde and her cute expressions. Satish Kaushik probably in his last film was in his usual best. Avoid at all expense, instead go for a drive.

Rating: 1/5
ghodlur is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 12:42   #4290
Senior - BHPian

Sirf Ek Bandaa Kaafi hai (4/5)
Manoj Bajpai totally owns this narrative, a true story of a 'baba' who has terrorized young girls with his sexual overtures. The story keeps one engaged and the extraordinary courage 'is stuff to watch out for'. Catch this on zee 5.
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks