Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2015, 19:51   #2851
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Tamasha

To start with I would agree with most of the points put up nicely by Saanil in his note above on 'Tamasha'.

I have always liked Imtiaz Ali's movies starting with 'Socha Na Tha' to 'Highway' last, so caught up the movie yesterday at the first opportunity.
And I would say I am not disappointed with it.

The start off with Corsica episode was very lovely and contemporary start to a love story which continued further back in India - with some great songs (Matargashti & Heer) and some wondrous cinematography thrown in.
But its the second half that you slowly get to know what the movie is all about when things start to take 'weirdy' turn. Again its the songs (Wat Wat Wat & others) and Ranbir/Deepika that keep you hooked at times when narrative got uneven.

Yes, it could have been much better movie had the presentation been a little more streamlined, nevertheless its very thoughtful and relevant movie in today's life & lifestyle.

I would go with 3.5/5.

You got watch it yourself to decide what category it falls - different/weird/artistic/stupid!
Old 29th November 2015, 08:46   #2852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Watched 'Masaan' last week, on my laptop, connected to tv.

Well, absolute hard hitting movie. Not worth watching it in a multiplex with popcorn.
One should see such movies without any disturbances.
It amazes me how can people act so naturally !! Everyone did their part perfectly.

Edit: This one gets a 5* from my end.
Watched Masan during their Bengaluru premiere & interacted with crew as well. Without doubt one of the best movies of 2015. Has anyone watched Killa marathi movie ?
Old 22nd December 2015, 19:51   #2853
Senior - BHPian

How come no comments about the biggest release weekend? Dilwale and Bajirao?
I saw Dilwale yesterday and found it to be more tolerable than what the critics were claiming.
SRK looks straitjacketed though. But Kriti and Varun Dhawan provide some fresh air. Kajol looks ummm.... i want to say hot but i just can't put my finger on what was a bit unsettling about her looks. Did she get a lip job done?
There were two scenes that were blatantly copied, which actually got me more interested in the movie I wanted to spot more but couldn't.
Of course the movie is no Oscar entry but it has a few things going for itself. Biggest one was that it did not drag much towards the end.
Old 23rd December 2015, 04:46   #2854
BHPian

Saw Prem Ratan Dhan Payo here ! And must say I really liked it. It's a throwback to the 90 's. Salman was in full form and I liked the songs. it was a very colorful vibrant movie. Must admit I never liked Sonam Kapoor before - but she did a pretty good job here.

Over here in the US, you dont get too many people in the movie hall in the smaller towns/cities. My wife and myself were the only people in the entire movie theater !! And not exaggerating here - we were the only 2 people in the 250 capacity theater !It was on a Monday night. Unless it's a weekend , the movie theaters for a Hindi movie are pretty much empty in the smaller US cities on the week days. Sometimes , there is nobody for the show but the movie is still played.

I love it when there is no-one in the theater or when there are just a handful or single digit number of people in the theater. Can fully enjoy the movie in peace . My wife on the other hand feels it's so boring - she loves it when there are huge crowds as in India . But for me , it is a complete bliss!!

Last edited by deltheking : 23rd December 2015 at 04:48.
Old 23rd December 2015, 13:03   #2855

Surprised to see no posts about BajiraoMastani. I liked it for the sheer richness of sets and the chemistry between Deepika and Ranveer and of course the dialogues. People who adore romance will definitely love it.
Its been a while that i went to a movie with family without being put myself into an embarasing situation due to the content.

Rating 4/5
Old 24th December 2015, 15:24   #2856
Senior - BHPian

Dilwale is like Don meets Dilwale Dulhaniya Leh Jayenge...so maybe the title should have been Donwale. Ok bad joke. The first half i found boring, the second gets a bit interesting but in the end predictable. Good to see Shahrukh and Kajol together but i wish there was more of these two as i expected more romantic scenes etc etc with the couple. For a car fan there are decent car chases for a Indian movie with a Mustang, Chrysler 300, Jaguar etc etc. So i guess a little bit like action, romance & comedy for everyone but frankly none of the three are depicted very well.

All my humble opinion.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 24th December 2015 at 15:25.
Old 24th December 2015, 20:20   #2857
BHPian

I like SRK and just watched Dilwale yesterday. Again only 3 people in the whole theater !
But, seriously it was such a bore and migraine inducing movie. Can't believe srk agreed to do this script. And the srk-kajol nostalgia thing frankly is getting quite old & boring.

None of the songs were good. And the cheesy sets of the garage and neighborhood looks so 90's. Don't know what they spent the 100 crores on. After watching this - prem ratan dhan feels like a classic ! In a long long time - for an srk movie- I was wondering as to when it would end. Hope his next one is better- has to be- no way it can be this bad.
Old 31st December 2015, 12:05   #2858
BHPian

Seriously Man, dont know why SRK and Kajol chose to do this film!! Simply waste of time money and energy. Now I get a feeling that Chennai Express was much better film, after watching Dilwale.

On the other hand Bajirao Mastaani lived up to the expectation, though I could not digest some of the dance sequences by the Peshwa Bajirao and his wife (Peshwin Baai). Though I am not a big fan of Priyanka, I liked her performance in the film, and I dare say that her performance was better than the other two stars (Ranvir / Deepika).
Old 31st December 2015, 12:29   #2859
Team-BHP Support

Bajirao Mastani - 3/5

After having watched Bahubali, movies from the epic history genre might never click me. Deepika performed really well though. The only 2 movies of SLB I have ever liked was Khamoshi and Black. Everything else sucked! Might just be me though!

Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani - 4/5

Loved this movie! Should have watched this long back but missed it. The chemistry between Deepika and Ranbir (despite the breakup which apparently happened before this movie) was really good! I love the coming-of-age genre.

This song really stood out:

Have to catch up with Talwar and Tamasha. Can't miss an Imtiaz Ali movie.
Old 31st December 2015, 12:47   #2860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
[b]I love the coming-of-age genre.

Have to catch up with Talwar and Tamasha. Can't miss an Imtiaz Ali movie.
I am highly disappointed with Ranbir Kapoor. He looked absolutely promising.
But then he did rubbish movies like - Besharam, Roy, and now Tamasha.

I watched it on my lappy. I would say thanks to my stars that I saved 1000 bucks and did not watch it in a movie theatre !
The movie is 2hrs and 33mins long. The total watchable length in this movie was about 50 mins. I had to watch the rest by just forwarding / skipping. It is at another master-level of boring-ness (just like Roy) !!

But on the other hand, don't miss Talvar. It is just raw and acting is brilliant by every single soul who acted in the movie. You would be glued and would feel for every character in the movie.

EDIT:: **Fanboy Alert** Just adding a short note for Deepika. She is just cute, super cute and super duper cute. I excuse her for accepting Tamasha. But just that she looked very pretty. But not prettier than she looked in Piku.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st December 2015 at 15:21. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post. :)
Old 31st December 2015, 13:30   #2861
BHPian

Bajirao Mastani - 3.5/5

A more muted SLB. This movie is a visual treat. The first part is pacy and exciting. The second part is slow as it tries to explore the impact of mastani's relationship with peshwa with the others. I would have been a bit more happier if additional war scenes had been thrown in. Overall a pleasurable experience.

Comming to the must watch movies of 2015,i do like Rajeev Masand's list i.e. Piku,Dum Laga ke Haisha,Titli,Masaan ,Badlapur,Tanu Weds Manu Returns and Talvar. But i think NH10 should have been there in the list as well.

Last edited by dpkbehera : 31st December 2015 at 13:34.
Old 10th January 2016, 00:18   #2862
Team-BHP Support

Caught up with Dil Dhadakne Do today.

I quite liked the movie- 3.75 stars. Have cut 0.25 stars for the stupid ending.

Brilliant acting from all characters, especially Ranvir Singh and beautiful songs.
Old 17th January 2016, 21:31   #2863
Team-BHP Support

Rahasya

A very nice whodunnit... There are shades of the Arushi murder case, but this is a movie not based on it completely.

Starring KK Menon, Ashish Vidyarthi & Tisca Chopra the movie has brilliant performances is engaging throughout its duration.

Rahasya = 4 Stars
Old 18th January 2016, 23:48   #2864
BHPian

Filmistaan

Has anyone even seen this? There are some gems that get lost in the money minded bollywood and this is one of them.

Spectacularly Done! Indeed. Might have some loop holes but is refreshing. I absolutely loathe the Crore clubs and nothing really refreshing comes out of it. Rather, I would prefer movies like Filmistaan to provide a different perspective. Great acting and entertaining and keeps you thinking what would happen next. That to me is story telling.

Rating: 4 out of 5. Must Watch
Old 28th January 2016, 11:38   #2865
BHPian

Air Lift

Saw the movie yesterday. A superb effort by the director in narrating the story. Equally matched up by good performances by both Akshay and Nimrat Kaur. All the NRIs will especially love this movie. Will rate 4 out of 5, highly recommended.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks