Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2016, 12:56   #2911
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
But I ain't going until I read about it here.
Saw it yesterday

"Pink" starring Amitabh Bachan, Angad Bedi and Tapasi

This movie will easily take the award for the "Most Intense" movie of 2016. Storyline is pretty much common and you would have seen similar stories tonnes of times on the popular true story based TV serial "Crime Patrol" or read it in newspapers.

But, what is different in this movie is how it's treated. It's literally a treat to the viewers how the whole movie unfolds albeit at a slightly slow pace. I'm developing serious respect for these Bengali stalwart movie makers. They have fantastic hold over dark, eerie and situational plots

This also has to be one of the best court room dramas in a long time where Amitabh is defending the 3 girls of an assault charge. While Amitabh looks old and this may not be his best acting he did a fine job. However, I was impressed with the prosecution lawyer who like a cunning snake makes fantastic moves one after another and trumphs Amitabh completely acting wise as well as the case on hand

This is one movie where I was not happy with the final verdict which was made in a "Filmy" style even if it was true as the case fought by the prosecution had the real weight due to the evidence presented and if this was in real life the case would have been in their kitty.

Anyone else feels the same? Nonetheless, lovely acting by the 3 girls ( I liked second lead girl more, she seemed more pretty than Tapsi)..Angad Bedi is one handsome hunk and his acting was restrained and quite decent. He should be casted more often

Finally, the eerie winter weather of the perfect delhi suburbs was a great location for this movie

Do not miss this movie. Must Watch !

4/5 (Would have rated 5/5 had I been happy with final verdict)

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th September 2016 at 09:36.
Old 18th September 2016, 16:41   #2912
Senior - BHPian

I agree with most of your observations but if the verdict would've been as what are you wishing, come to think of it, this movie would've sunk without trace.

Also the verdict seems fair as the AB brilliantly demolishes all the theories put forward by his opposite lawyer played brilliantly by Piyush Mishra, one of my fav actor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Do not miss this movie. Must Watch !
4/5 (Would have rated 5/5 had I been happy with final verdict)
Old 19th September 2016, 09:46   #2913
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I agree with most of your observations but if the verdict would've been as what are you wishing, come to think of it, this movie would've sunk without trace.
Ofcourse, I agree with you on that. Good always wins over Bad (atleast in the movies)

Quote:
Also the verdict seems fair as the AB brilliantly demolishes all the theories put forward by his opposite lawyer played brilliantly by Piyush Mishra, one of my fav actor.
AB demolishes only one theory. (i.e) of the police officer who files the FIR whereas all other theories he puts forward is either related to morality or " My word against theirs theory" and can be debated in a court of law. Whereas, Piyush Mishra presented real time evidence (CCTV footage etc..)

Anyways, I still do not agree with final verdict. It really doesn't matter what i think. Overall a brilliant movie !!!

Watched " Freaky Ali" starring Nawazuddin Siddiquie, Arbaaz Khan and Jas Arora

I never watch movies like this back to back in 2 days but, sometimes you succumb to family pressure

This is a feel good movie and first half is genuinely funny, witty and situational comedy. This movie is laced a liberal dose of comedy, little bit of emotion and tons of footage of one of my favorite sport "Golf"

Nawaz was brilliant as ever but, I feel he should really sit back and assess his work as it's getting a bit repetitive and felt sorry for Arbaaz Khan to see him as a stooge to him. He is just ok and that's the reason he never went anywhere in his career

The bunch of gangsters (errr..clowns) were hilarious and the person who stood out was the "old man" and his acting and expression kept us in splits

Finally, a word for Jas Arora, he still looks as dashing as ever and did a fine job as the rich socialite which suits his personality to the T

First half is brilliant and second half is forced and bit slow and romantic angle was not required and could have been skipped especially with that bland Amy Jackson.

Watch it if you dont have anything better to do

3/5

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th September 2016 at 13:21.
Old 19th September 2016, 18:31   #2914
Senior - BHPian

People who had seen Pink. Is it watchable with parents? I mean is there any obscenity involved?
Old 19th September 2016, 19:32   #2915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
People who had seen Pink. Is it watchable with parents? I mean is there any obscenity involved?
There is really no obscenity as such except for some direct questions to the girls by AB some of which is also there in the trailer and they are not obscene but some direct questions about losing one's virginity etc.

Freaky Ali
A somewhat interesting story line (rags to riches/fame) but very poorly developed, directed and executed. Nawazuddin's acting is good and that is all there to this movie. All the good moments of the movie are already in the trailer. I regret having watched this movie. My family liked it though. At the most 1.5/5 and that 1.5 is for Nawazuddin.

Pink
A regular story (nothing great about the story), but made a bit interesting with how the drama unfolds in the courtroom. The first half is quite slow and picks up a bit of speed and drama in the second half. It is not a great movie in terms of the story or how it develops, but worth watching once. I think Rustom was better than this. Will give this a 3/5 rating. If you watch this movie immediately after watching Freaky Ali, your rating for this movie is likely to go up a few notches.

Last edited by pjbiju : 19th September 2016 at 19:37.
Old 24th September 2016, 14:01   #2916
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Ofcourse, I agree with you on that. Good always wins over Bad (atleast in the movies)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
There is really no obscenity as such except for some direct questions
I saw PINK yesterday and I quite liked it. Now when I think about it, the reason I liked the movie is because it forces me to think about very sensitive things like morality etc.

Firstly, about the movie - story line is good, direction is good and acting is good all along. I really liked some of the background music. I did not find any fault in this movie. One must definitely watch this movie. Some might find few scenes to be very disturbing and chilling so this is to be seen with a very serious mind set.

Let me get one thing straight - this movie kind of gives the feel of being women oriented. One of the reason I liked this movie was because it started a moral debate within myself. Few things:

- Who decides what is right or wrong? Was it right/wrong for the girls to go with the boys to a resort especially when they have just met them? Should they have just gone for a dinner and not to their rooms? Did the boys interpret the so called hints from the girls (if it really occurred) correctly?

I especially liked a dialogue in a movie which goes like "I can either be truthful or be liberal" (I hope I got this dialogue correct). I feel this movie is quite relevant to the things I see around me, hence I am liking it more.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th September 2016 at 14:07. Reason: Removed the bits pertaining to rule #11.
Old 26th September 2016, 19:41   #2917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Pink
A regular story (nothing great about the story), but made a bit interesting with how the drama unfolds in the courtroom. The first half is quite slow and picks up a bit of speed and drama in the second half. It is not a great movie in terms of the story or how it develops, but worth watching once. Will give this a 3/5 rating.
Saw the movie yesterday and you have literally spoken my mind. A regular story which gets interesting for a bit in the second half with the courtroom scenes. The first half was actually a drag and it is not just me but 4 other friends with whom we went for the movie felt so. Strictly a one time watch.
Old 26th September 2016, 20:46   #2918
Team-BHP Support

While Pink was a good movie, there were too many loose ends.

Relevance of:

Amitabh's love interest
His illness
His gas mask
His staring at the girls

was not detailed enough. I have a feeling that a lot of this was edited out so left some holes.

Excellent acting by both girls and the entire cast.
Old 28th September 2016, 02:32   #2919
BHPian

Watched PINK today at PVR Ambience during my second only visit to New Delhi in my life. I am not a movie buff but I love watching these types of movies.

I liked PINK more for its direction than the storyline itself. Marathi movie "Sairat" was a sort of similar movie that I had last watched and absolutely liked it to the core. PINK gave me the same feeling. Throughout both of these movies I felt as if I was a bystander witnessing all the events in my own neighbourhood. The plot of PINK was surely gripping and the entire cast has done full justice to their roles.

I liked all the 3 girls. Falak was good too ( Kirti Kulhari is her real name ) but I was completely disappointed when she finally breaks under the pressure. Of course, I am empathetic towards her mental state but this was one slot which I felt was totally an unnecessary deviation. IMHO it was a huge deviation from reality. The final court verdict is not too unreal to accept but the move by Falak surely was. I don't think so someone would do that man,feel sad for her. Meenal that say was holding herself quite well, despite being the prime trauma victim. Anyways, these are my personal opinions. BigB gets a big thumbs up too. I think I understood the subtle reason behind his strange behaviour in very first half, but I could be wrong and no, it's not fully related to his medical condition.

For my ideologies, the way he put forth his case was acceptable. History has legends who have made a revolution based on what were thought to be big moral talks.

By the way, how many stayed back till the end of BigB's inspirational lines played in the background ?? In my movie hall, it was only me and two more girls ( unknown to me )
Old 28th September 2016, 18:54   #2920
Senior - BHPian

Saw Phobia recently, starring Radhika Apte. It was nice to see a pretty decent attempt at horror from Bollywood. Of course, Radhika Apte's acting talent was at full display as she carried the entire movie on her shoulders. The ending, like most Hindi movies, could have come 10 minutes sooner though. And this flaw really stood out because till then, the movie was going at a superb pace!
Old 6th October 2016, 09:48   #2921
Team-BHP Support

MS Dhoni

This is a movie that kept me entertained for three hours. Not one moment of dullness save one romantic song. The actors have done a fabulous job, especially Sushant Singh Rajput. The movie also did well in implanting Sushant Singh's face over MSDs in the real match footage.

However, as the movie ended I sensed that the movie missed out on a lot of important events - the 2007 WC win and the 2011 riots outside MSD's house were given only a cursory one scene. Nothing on how, when and why was MSD made the captain. No example of him fading away in the background after a win. No other cricketer shown except a young Yuvi. Nothing on any controversy he courted.

I believe one of the romantic tracks could have been sacrificed to include some of the above.

It's a good movie, but could have been great. 3.5 stars.

PS: I am a cricket and an MSD fan. Maybe folks who don't follow cricket will like this movie better in its current shape and form.

PS2: I plan to watch Azhar during the weekend just for comparison sake.
Old 6th October 2016, 09:52   #2922
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I plan to watch Azhar during the weekend just for comparison sake.
Save your time for something else. Azhar isn't worth it.
Old 6th October 2016, 10:19   #2923
Team-BHP Support

Lol, thanks guys. I will skip it then .

I also saw Ka and Ki on TV and quite liked it. 3 stars.
Old 6th October 2016, 10:31   #2924
Distinguished - BHPian

Azhar, at the best is a one time watch. I'll give it 2.5/5.

I'm yet to watch MSD movie. Just for the sake of refreshing his old days when we, I mean me, MSD, whom we used to call Mahi, used to play evening cricket together. Yup, that's true. He was a senior in school and we have played some cricket together during school days. I'm yet to watch the movie esp for the scenes of our school, our colony, etc. Though, witnessed the shoots in the colony.

Regards.
Old 6th October 2016, 11:17   #2925
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
MS Dhoni

This is a movie that kept me entertained for three hours.
Excellent movie ! I enjoyed it even though I'm not a cricket enthusiast at all. Sushant Singh Rajput has acted flawlessly, as have the others (mostly unknown faces). At a shade above 3 hours, the movie is long, yet you won't be bored even for a minute.

Quote:
Not one moment of dullness save one romantic song
Talking of the honeymoon song? It has a Harley & some nice roads to keep you entertained .

Quote:
Nothing on how, when and why was MSD made the captain
Totally agreed. While the career progression was overall depicted nicely, his becoming a captain was rather abrupt.

Quote:
No other cricketer shown except a young Yuvi
And he looks so much like Yuvraj Singh, doesn't he? I appreciate the casting director's attention to detail.

Great to see consistently high quality stuff in Indian Cinema. Have enjoyed all 3 of the recent Hindi movies I've seen (Rustom, Pink & Dhoni).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks