Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2021, 22:05   #3661
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Just saw the movie Sherni. The cinematography is excellent. Awesome work Mr. Rakesh Haridas.
adi.mariner is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 01:46   #3662
Senior - BHPian

Started seeing 'Ray' on Netflix. it's a 4 movie collection of stories written by Sathyajit Ray.
Done with 2 - 'forget me not' and 'Bahuroopi'. Very good direction on both and definitely worth watching for Ali Fazal and Kay Kay's action.
2 more movies for tomorrow.
14000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 04:50   #3663
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
Started seeing 'Ray' on Netflix. it's a 4 movie collection of stories written by Sathyajit Ray.
Done with 2 - 'forget me not' and 'Bahuroopi'. Very good direction on both and definitely worth watching for Ali Fazal and Kay Kay's action.
3 of the lot are good. First 2 have their shades of darkness. 3rd one is a lite hearted fun watch, really liked the exchanges between Manoj Bajpai and Gajraj Rao.

Didn't like the 4th one starring Mr.Kapoor. Infact, didn't even finish it.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 11:27   #3664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
3 of the lot are good. First 2 have their shades of darkness. 3rd one is a lite hearted fun watch, really liked the exchanges between Manoj Bajpai and Gajraj Rao.

I have read lot of Satyajit ray stories. He has a style I really like. I doubt if 1st one was a Satyajit Ray story. "Nothing is what it seems" is a theme done to death. May be at the time of his writing it wasn't that common. The second and third were classic Satyajit ray. A play on human emotions and weaknesses with an ending that is sometimes super normal with a subtle connection to the plot that will keep you pondering long after you have seen it!!
I too couldn't finish the 4th one. Couldn't continue after first few mins.
huntrz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 14:10   #3665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
I have read lot of Satyajit ray stories. He has a style I really like. I doubt if 1st one was a Satyajit Ray story. "Nothing is what it seems" is a theme done to death. May be at the time of his writing it wasn't that common. The second and third were classic Satyajit ray. A play on human emotions and weaknesses with an ending that is sometimes super normal with a subtle connection to the plot that will keep you pondering long after you have seen it!!
I too couldn't finish the 4th one. Couldn't continue after first few mins.
I finished the 4th one. The 1st half of the 4th movie is sure boring but it does take a turn towards the end. Still not up to the standards of movies 1-3. Absolutely loved 1-3.
14000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 15:50   #3666
BHPian

My Client's Wife on Amazon Prime.
Excellent screenplay and acting! It was tough to predict the thriller (and at times seemed confusing) but the climax made it all worth.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 02:21   #3667
BHPian

Haseen Dilruba
3/5
Netflix

You will probably figure out in the last half hour as to what happened but the initial 90 minutes will enjoy for good acting and the build up.

Predictable, over the top and one time watch (if you have nothing else to do)

Last edited by KD007 : 3rd July 2021 at 02:26. Reason: Added few points
Old 3rd July 2021, 06:58   #3668
Senior - BHPian

I liked the 1st and 3rd of Ray.

Second was ok, Kay Kay was brilliant. Manoj and Gajraj was as good as it gets with them in the third.

I didn’t go beyond the first 20 min of the 4th movie.
Old 8th July 2021, 00:16   #3669
BHPian

Haseen Dillruba : 1/5

An okay story but poorly executed. Taapsee was annoying. One point just for Vikrant Massey who acted really well.
Sherlocked is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 23:18   #3670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Sherni - 4/5

A hard-hitting movie about a man-eater tigress on the loose vs the helpless villagers, corrupt government officials, politicians and hunters. Vidya Balan pulled off a great role as a strict divisional forest officer along with the supporting cast. The movie with a documentary’ish narrative is loosely based on the killing of Avni the tigress. There are some comical bits thrown in and, the soundtrack during the end-credits sequence is amazing! The movie is airing on Prime Video.

The cinematographer is Rakesh Haridas who’s also a BHPian - famousshoes! Awesome work man! Loved the movie and your camera work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
Just saw the movie Sherni. The cinematography is excellent. Awesome work Mr. Rakesh Haridas.
Thank you gannu_1 and adi.mariner : Glad you connected with the Movie. It was filmed on location in Balaghat, Madhya Pradesh. The end credits were shot in the taxidermy section at the Prince of Wales Museum
(Now Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya) in Mumbai.
Also Gannu_1 - big fan of your mods
cheers
famousshoes is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 09:24   #3671
KPR
BANNED

I'm waiting for Mimi release in Netflix on 30th of this month. Trailer was released yesterday and it was good. A.R.Rahman and Pankaj Tripathi will not disappoint.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 11:34   #3672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Haseen Dillruba : 1/5

An okay story but poorly executed. Taapsee was annoying. One point just for Vikrant Massey who acted really well.
Agree. Tapsee is one of the actresses I like. But her movies of late have not been that good.

Haseen Dilruba is watchable only for Vikrant Massey.
Old 16th July 2021, 20:59   #3673
BHPian

Toofan on Amazon Prime : 2.5/5

Its the same old formula for making a typical Hindi film.

Farhan wanted to hit the gym and instead ended up creating a movie while doing gym. I mean we have seen him making those six packs in so many movies.

I just don't understand why can't we make a pure play sports movie. Why there has to be a twisted love story in the mix?

The movie starts OK and then just crawls towards an end which everyone knows. Mrunal looked good for her part but the script is absolutely boring.

Editing is ok, you can watch the movie as a time pass event.
headbanger is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2021, 00:01   #3674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Farhan wanted to hit the gym and instead ended up creating a movie while doing gym. I mean we have seen him making those six packs in so many movies.
Well said, but unlike you, I couldn’t finish the film. A man aged close to fifty is playing a boxer in a movie produced by him and romancing a girl half his age. Farhan Akhtar is a good actor and I expected better from Rakesh Mehra. Such a waste of a movie and the talent pool.

On a related note, after watching Mukkabaaz starring Vineet Singh and directed by Anurag Kashyap, I don’t think any boxing related movie made in India even comes close !!

My rating for Toofan- 1/5 and that’s for the effort and Mrunal Thakur.

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 17th July 2021 at 00:11.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2021, 08:55   #3675
Senior - BHPian

Its a very linear story. Quite predictable. Ghulam redux, so gets 1.5/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Toofan on Amazon Prime : 2.5/5
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks