Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2021, 19:59   #3631

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

The Lunchbox (2013)

Revisited this modern classic a couple of days back have to admit enjoyed it much more than the previous watching. What a gem we have lost in Irfan, who I felt was a definition of effortless acting. A great lazy Sunday watch and a modern masterpiece.

Bulls14 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th May 2021, 14:17   #3632
BHPian

Watched Radhe 1st day 1st show.
Superhit
Paisa wasool
Dhansu flick
Watch it even if you're not a Sallu Bhai fan
Vinod_nair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 08:38   #3633
Distinguished - BHPian

Watch Door ke Darshan on Amazon Prime. It's a light hearted comedy, will lift up your mood.

The Hindi Movies Thread-1594891575.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 13:04   #3634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
Watched Radhe 1st day 1st show.
Superhit
Paisa wasool
Dhansu flick
Watch it even if you're not a Sallu Bhai fan
I seriously hope this isn't any form of sarcasm.

Going by the memes floating over the social media, your review is quite contradicting.

Maybe I should give it a shot on a lazy weekend evening, just to enjoy yet another physics defying, rather not-so-smart cinema by our 'bhai'.
ashvek3141 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 14:01   #3635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
I seriously hope this isn't any form of sarcasm.

Going by the memes floating over the social media, your review is quite contradicting.

Maybe I should give it a shot on a lazy weekend evening, just to enjoy yet another physics defying, rather not-so-smart cinema by our 'bhai'.
Watch it, in this time of doom and gloom, it's a refreshing change.

I don't prefer too much dishum dishum, but Prabhudeva pulled it off.
Vinod_nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 14:24   #3636
BHPian

There is always a first time..

Radhe 0.5/5

A good cop
A bad guy
Drugs
A heroine to extend the length of the movie
Predictable plot
Over the top dialogues
Weird dance moves
And an unbreakable "Bhai"
Not to miss his Blue stoned Bracelet.

Why did I watch it or rather pretend to watch it?
Wife is a Salman fan.

Miss it at every cost. Senseless plot with below average music. Looks like our Bhai is adverse to the skill of acting and making good movies.

First movie of Salman + Prabhudeva I have watched and I can never get those wasted 150 minutes back.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 14th May 2021 at 14:27.
VWAllstar is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 22:12   #3637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post

Radhe 0.5/5

First movie of Salman + Prabhudeva I have watched and I can never get those wasted 150 minutes back.
It's been atleast 5-6 years I have boycotted the Khan's. Especially Salman khan movies. Aamir is an exception at times and SRK has gone downhill since ages. But atleast they both can act. Salman can't act, has same dance moves since last 20 years and plays same character every movie. In fact I will say all the major A Listers make shitty movies since sometime.

It's the lesser famous ones like Rajkumar Rao, Nawazzudin, Irfan khan(we lost a treasure), Pankaj Tripathi etc who are making nice worth your time movies since some years.

As for Radhe, trailer said everything. Even my wife who is a big fan of Salman avoided it.
harry10 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 23:43   #3638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
It's been atleast 5-6 years I have boycotted the Khan's. Especially Salman khan movies. Aamir is an exception at times and SRK has gone downhill since ages. But atleast they both can act.
There is not one but many reasons to boycott Salman Khan Movies. With regards to his acting skills, you have said it all. These Khan's are (were) super stars and now with age their stardom is going away. This they cannot fathom, probably they lived most of their lives been called 'King Khan' 'Bhai' 'Perfectionist' etc Newer generations does not look up to them, the girls don't go crazy for them anymore and crowd has started demanding for content over silly love stories. Today Kuch Kuch Hota hai and many other KJ movies would bomb at the box office.

Dhund (1973) 4/5

What a super duper whodunit! And what a perfect star cast! This is adoption of the book 'unexpected guest' and alas it was good to come across such old yet nice movie.
The movie was made in 1972 and we have gone through 49 odd years and yet no one has come out to make something like Dhund in Bollywood.
The film stars several famous actors, and all of them do well. Those who impressed me the most are Madan Puri, Sanjay Khan, and Navin Nischol, who turned in greatly restrained performances. Zeenat Aman is a good choice for this part, and although it's not demanding, she is amazingly beautiful and attractive. Danny Denzongpa was a bit annoying and over-the-top but then he was supposed to be a hot-tempered type and it's okay, although I felt it could have been a bit reduced. Ashok Kumar is wonderful in a special appearance as the sharp lawyer, and Deven Varma also gives a noteworthy comic performance as the servant of the house.
Dhund is a must-watch….Don’t miss it and do not reveal the end to anyone!
On the flip side, there are regular Bollywoodish pot-holes and inconsistencies in the narrative. It's an old fashioned mystery. But the pluses are enough to outnumber the minuses.The storyteller has not allowed the grip of the narrative on the spectators to be loosened anywhere. True to its title, the mist / fog of mystery pervades the maximum part of the movie, to be cleared and make the solution visible in the climax only.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 23:50   #3639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post

Radhe 0.5/5
Most IMDB users agree with you.

It got lowest rating of 2.2 (as of now) for a Salman Khan movie.
mukeshgoel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 07:39   #3640
BHPian

Watched Radhe with my wife and twin boys as part of lazy Friday afternoon mode of what to do. And I really thought I might as well have done the dishes (which I hate) instead of watching the movie. I have high tolerance level to Salman Khan movies but this is the worst of him.

Sallu Bhai faster than Flash...there you have it. Thank God the movie was only 1:48 minutes long. I had a strong cup of tea after the movie ended to shake off the after effects.

Last edited by GTO : 17th May 2021 at 19:40. Reason: Rule #11
raaj.bhalla is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 02:50   #3641
Senior - BHPian

Rarely watch any movie twice.
Just happened to watch Hyderabad Nawabs 2006 movie on youtube. Simply hilarious and a good one. 5/5 for comedy.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 19:48   #3642
Distinguished - BHPian

Watching a Salman Khan movie online is wastage of data, putting aside time and energy on the other side. That people still watch him reminds me of the famous Satyajit Ray quote- India has a backward audience and they don’t really understand good cinema. It’s another thing that he said this in the late eighties and it’s a shame that it still holds true since movies like Ready and Radhe still end up making money but yes, the trend is surely changing.

P.S- No offence to anyone, just a generic statement.

Couple of old films I found on Amazon Prime and would recommend :

Dhoop starring Om Puri, Gul Panag and Sanjay Suri. It’s a true story of a Kargil martyr and how one man fought the corrupt system to honour his son. The movie shows how institutional corruption is regularised in our country. It’s amazing that these movies are now on steaming platform. I remember watching the movie in an almost empty movie theater !!

Yun hota toh kya hota starring Irrfan Khan, Konkona Sen and many others is several stories culminating in one ending. The movie was directed by the great Naseruddin Shah and is a take on the 9/11 bombings. Good ensemble cast and well directed movie.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 20:29   #3643
BHPian

I think the era of stars like Salman, Shahrukh is Over. Not sure about Aamir as he tries different roles unlike Salman who is mostly shirtless, clueless in a hopeless movie. Shahrukh is getting worse with every new movie!
CarNerd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 02:05   #3644
BHPian

Watched Radhe and got headache after watching this one!

I, as a fan of Salman, feel that he should stop doing this kind of movies like Radhe and Dabangg and do movies, which people will love watching like Bajrangi Bhaijaan and Sultan, which are the best movies of Salman Khan till date IMO in terms of story!

My rating for Radhe- 0/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
I think the era of stars like Salman, Shahrukh is Over. Not sure about Aamir as he tries different roles unlike Salman who is mostly shirtless, clueless in a hopeless movie. Shahrukh is getting worse with every new movie!
Shahrukh himself doesn't have hits since last few years and his last hit was Raees I guess, which I felt okayish when I watched in theatre!

Even though Salman Khan's recent movies are worst in terms of story, still these movies managed to mint more money due to the craze he has!

Even Akshay Kumar is also no less! He always tries to remake south movies and he is more of a remake Raja!

For eg: Laxxmi, which is a remake of Tamil movie, Kanchana, and directed by the same guy, who had directed the Tamil one!

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 17th May 2021 at 02:07.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 07:46   #3645
Senior - BHPian

Radhe: Skip this one. Salman looks so bored in his own movies. He needs a new profession. Regarding Khans, Shah Rukh is selecting bad scripts, hopefully he might bounce back. Aamir is fastidious as ever, and will continue to surprise us
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks