Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2021, 13:06   #3646
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
He needs a new profession. Regarding Khans, Shah Rukh is selecting bad scripts, hopefully he might bounce back. Aamir is fastidious as ever, and will continue to surprise us
Maybe Salman should quit playing the role of reel life Hero and start playing the role of real life Villain that he is for a change. Then we might even appreciate him for his natural acting

Shahrukh too should quit his glamorous roles and try some down to earth roles like Nawazuddin.
CarNerd is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 17:18   #3647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls14 View Post
The Lunchbox (2013)

Revisited this modern classic a couple of days back have to admit enjoyed it much more than the previous watching. What a gem we have lost in Irfan, who I felt was a definition of effortless acting. A great lazy Sunday watch and a modern masterpiece.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=sK3R0rvnlPs
This and Piku. I can watch them any number of times.
download2live is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 18:11   #3648
BHPian

A Gentleman: Sundar, Susheel, Risky (2017) [Available on HotStar]

An underrated masala entertainer, I had watched it a few years ago and definitely put it on for sometime if it ever appears on TV. It has a good bit of comedy, decent action and a nice bit of twist along the way.

Sidharth Malhotra turns in with an honest performance, and has a good chemistry with Jacqueline Fernandez. The support cast of Suniel Shetty, Darshan Kumar, Rajit Kapur and Supriya are good. But it is Hussain Dalal (as Dixit) and Amit Mistry (as Jignesh Patel) who dial up the comedy quotient on this movie along with the lead pair.

Overall a good watch for the entire family. My ratings:
(3.5/5)
pnredkar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 21:51   #3649
Distinguished - BHPian

Not a very regular hindi movie viewer but watched 'sandeep aur pinky faraar' on Prime starring Arjun Kapoor and Parineeti Chopra. Started watching just as a pass time and did not have much expectations as it seemed to be regular romance stuff from the title.

Was a surprisingly good watch with both the leads doing a good job supported nicely by Raghuvir Yadav and Neena Gupta. The back story seemed a little vague and all over the place, but apart from that, a decent watch.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 23rd May 2021 at 21:52.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 23:27   #3650
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Agree, I have always liked Dibakar Banerjee as a filmmaker and never miss a chance to watch his movies. Sandeep and Pinky Faraar is a wonderful watch with fantastic actors all around. Arjun Kapoor has his limitations as always but nevertheless he does his job. Recommended watch.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 22:36   #3651
BHPian

Two good movies to watch:

Chopsticks (2019) starring Abhay Deol, Vijay Raaz, Mithila Palkar, Achint Kaur. It's a fun movie about a very innocent girl who loses her brand new Grand i10.

Ahaan (2014) starring Arif Zakaria, Abuli Mamaji, Rajit Kapur & others. The movie is about Ahaan who suffers from Down's syndrome and Ozzy who suffers from OCD.

Both are on Netflix.

Last edited by CarNerd : 28th May 2021 at 22:41.
CarNerd is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 10:32   #3652
Team-BHP Support

Started watching Sandeep aur Pinky Faraar, couldn't and didn't finish it.

Uggh, put two people (Parineeti Chopra and Arjun Kapoor) who can't act and they'll bring down a film even with three superb actors (Neena Gupta, Raghubir Yadav, Jaideep Ahlawat). Why did these three agree to be a part of this nonsense. Dibakar Banerjee - why.

Over-acting/under-acting/method-acting or whatever it is that Ms. Chopra and Mr. Kapoor are doing in this film - unbearable.

-1/5.
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 23:07   #3653
BHPian

English Vinglish 4/5

Sridevi is the backbone of this master piece. After almost a decade of hiatus, she performed with such brilliance. In sporting terms, form is temporary however class is forever. All emotions - anger, anxiety, attraction and frustration, the actress performs effortlessly. No wonder why she is been missed by many and rated so highly.

Amit Trivedi’s music is mesmerizing. The title track, Gustak dil, the Marathi remixes of the Navrai Mazhi; all of it is hummable. His track also gets you to question—why other mainstream filmmakers—make songs with bawdy lyrics and item songs, when there is such joy in simplicity.

Sridevi's character as the meek humble home maker with a small business melted Our hearts. At the end her disapproving daughter and husband were finally able to reconcile with her which was the highlight of the film for me.

Do not miss it. Watch it with the entire family.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 30th May 2021 at 23:08.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 17:49   #3654
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Sridevi is the backbone of this master piece. After almost a decade of hiatus, she performed with such brilliance.
You should watch Mom then (on Netflix). Excellent family watch. We all loved the movie, and Sridevi's performance:

GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 18:50   #3655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

Over-acting/under-acting/method-acting or whatever it is that Ms. Chopra and Mr. Kapoor are doing in this film - unbearable.

-1/5.
There is one more from Mr. Kapoor, streaming on Netflix which probably deserves the same rating https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/81177241

Sardar ka Grandson

Couldn't finish it!
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 19:11   #3656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
Two good movies to watch:

Chopsticks (2019) starring Abhay Deol, Vijay Raaz, Mithila Palkar, Achint Kaur. It's a fun movie about a very innocent girl who loses her brand new Grand i10.

Ahaan (2014) starring Arif Zakaria, Abuli Mamaji, Rajit Kapur & others. The movie is about Ahaan who suffers from Down's syndrome and Ozzy who suffers from OCD.

Both are on Netflix.
One recent film on similar theme (Netflix kind) that I watched recently and liked a lot is Kaarvaan.

Very nice story, some stunning visuals of our beautiful South India (it's a sort of a road film) and amazing performances from the three lead characters (Irrfan, Dulquer and Mithila Parker) and there's also a very refreshing cameo from Amala.

A very nice not-to-miss kind of film. 5/5 for me.

Last edited by joslicx : 31st May 2021 at 19:12.
joslicx is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 20:33   #3657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
One recent film on similar theme (Netflix kind) that I watched recently and liked a lot is Kaarvaan.
Yes, I have watched it twice before Nice movie.
Old 31st May 2021, 21:36   #3658
Distinguished - BHPian

I don’t know if these films have been mentioned before in this thread or not but I am mentioning it nevertheless :

Mukkabaaz starring Vineet Kumar Singh and Jimmy Shergill is simply a brilliant movie. Astounding acting by the lead actor who is also the writer of the movie. Superb screenplay along with some great acting by everyone makes this movie a top class watch. In fact, both Vineet Kumar Singh and Jimmy Shergill were class personified and the rest of the cast is just perfect. The movie is now streaming on ZEE5.

The Hindi Movies Thread-f154ab1fa33c40c4bd35be5b3b7278ac.jpeg

Ugly starring Ronit Roy, Vineet Kumar Singh is another masterpiece. The movie shows how human emotions can play truant with even the sane minds. Ensemble cast is the highlight of the movie. Playing on Hotstar and perhaps on Eros Now as well.

The Hindi Movies Thread-5620a2af17cc4d33a183178fa4ac6ecf.jpeg

Both the movies are directed by Anurag Kashyap, a director whose work I admire.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 14:08   #3659
Team-BHP Support

Watched Article 375 last night.

A movie on the MeToo movement based in Bollywood, managed to explore the topic decently well, without too much sensationalism or rhetoric. Akshaye Khanna has acted well, but not up to his usual standards.

3/5
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 00:49   #3660
Team-BHP Support

Sherni - 4/5

A hard-hitting movie about a man-eater tigress on the loose vs the helpless villagers, corrupt government officials, politicians and hunters. Vidya Balan pulled off a great role as a strict divisional forest officer along with the supporting cast. The movie with a documentary’ish narrative is loosely based on the killing of Avni the tigress. There are some comical bits thrown in and, the soundtrack during the end-credits sequence is amazing! The movie is airing on Prime Video.

The cinematographer is Rakesh Haridas who’s also a BHPian - famousshoes! Awesome work man! Loved the movie and your camera work.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th June 2021 at 00:54.
Gannu_1 is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks