Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2021, 14:00   #3586
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I didnt see much of a story there, but wasn't boring in any way. What was that about writing to the Chinese PM, and Rao's 'made up' accent. Felt odd in places. So for that alone I'd give it 3/5
I agree. Leave aside the starting and the related bit in the end which felt out of the place. But rest of the movie was likeable.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 26th January 2021 at 14:06.
Old 26th January 2021, 15:48   #3587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Many know Raabta was a flop. But I watched it for the first time recently only for his enchanting allure. Happy birthday to this legend. RIP
Isnt it a bit much to call him "Legend" ?
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 16:06   #3588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Isnt it a bit much to call him "Legend" ?
Why would you say that?
Old 9th February 2021, 12:19   #3589
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Found this gem of a movie by happenchance, and am so glad! Guys, watch it. You will love the flick.

Rating Omerta 4 / 5 stars and Rajkummar Rao 5 / 5 stars for his acting. It tells the true story of dreaded terrorist Ahmed Omar Sheikh. Available on Zee5. Take the monthly member for 99 bucks if you don't have it.

GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 13:03   #3590
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Found this gem of a movie by happenchance, and am so glad! Guys, watch it. You will love the flick.
I too happened to watch this by chance and I have to fully agree that it is Rajkumar Rao flick all the way! This was during the lockdown days!

Brilliant performance with some some hard hitting representation of Daniel Pearl's abduction and killing.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 13:15   #3591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Rating Omerta 4 / 5 stars and Rajkummar Rao 5 / 5 stars for his acting. It tells the true story of dreaded terrorist Ahmed Omar Sheikh. Available on Zee5. Take the monthly member for 99 bucks if you don't have it.
Agree to Omertà, one brilliant movie but if you have to really see the acting prowess of Rajkumar Yadav then you should see Shahid which was also directed by Hanslal Mehta. I am not sure if it is available on any steaming platform or not.

Also, one should watch Sehar and which shows what a brilliant performer Arshad Warsi is, if he is given the right script. The movie is loosely based on the dreaded gangster Shiv Prakash Shukla and consists of fantastic actors like Pankaj Kapoor, Sushant Singh. The movie should be available on ZEE5 and is a must watch.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 08:26   #3592
BHPian

All Hindi/ Bollywood movie fans must read the below article. Especially those born in the 80's would relate to the article. Enjoy! http://www.rediff.com/movies/special...d/20210215.htm
Old 24th February 2021, 11:24   #3593
KPR
BANNED

I'm planning to watch this week 'Laila Majnu' that was released in 2018 in Zee5. It has Imitiaz Ali's touch in it and I'm a big fan of him. I've fallen in love with this movie's 3 songs recently (Aahista , O Meri Laila and Hafiz) and hence will watch it just for the music. The songs have great LIFE in them.
Old 2nd March 2021, 01:05   #3594
BHPian

Watched ‘The Girl on the train’ on Netflix starring Parineeti Chopra. It is based on a book by the same name. The storyline was decent, however, acting is a let down. I would rate it 1.5/5.

The Hindi Movies Thread-e9c4c0d5e4824c30a6c3dccdf0fb3f86.jpeg
sahil624 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 10:07   #3595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I managed to catch this today morning. Loved it. Its Rajkumar all the way.

OT :
The only down side was the user interface of Zee5. Pathetic.
I could not even turn 'off' the sub-titles that were in Hindi. When I selected 'English', I got both Hindi and English subtitles covering half the screen. Sony/Zee5 have miles to catch up on user ease compared to Netflix/Prime.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 19:16   #3596
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Putting in a recommendation for Badhaai Ho, streaming on HotStar. Good watch with the family. Very light comedy about a Mom having a late pregnancy, much to the chagrin of her family & society. Everyone has really acted well, including the father.

We had some chuckles ourselves as Mum had my kid brother (4th child) when she was 43 & Dad 45.

GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 21:09   #3597
BHPian

Quote:
Putting in a recommendation for Badhaai Ho, streaming on HotStar. Good watch with the family. Very light comedy about a Mom having a late pregnancy, much to the chagrin of her family & society.
Coincidentally, the dude that played Gullar(Ayushman's younger bro) in Badhaai ho, Shardul Rana was my roomie last year before Covid-19 struck and we split. Shared a lot of stories and memories from the set.

The Hindi Movies Thread-20210303_210638.jpg

Last edited by DriverNo.420 : 3rd March 2021 at 21:12.
DriverNo.420 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 22:35   #3598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Putting in a recommendation for Badhaai Ho, streaming on HotStar. Good watch with the family. Very light comedy about a Mom having a late pregnancy, much to the chagrin of her family & society. Everyone has really acted well, including the father
Even I enjoy these off-beat movies which is now being released at a much faster pace as Bollywood has realized there is an audience for them

If you liked Badhaai Ho, then you should also check out Ayushmann Khurana's other movie " Dream Girl" which was a hilarious movie and post the Hera Pheri, Welcome days, I never chuckled this hard while watching a movie

Keep an eye out for Anu Kapoor as he is the reason for those chuckles

I'm not sure where it it's streaming but, someone can point out would love to watch this movie again. Thanks!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 23:04   #3599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I'm not sure where it it's streaming but, someone can point out would love to watch this movie again. Thanks!
Dream Girl is streaming on Zee5 app.
And if you are still on Zee5, watch Omerta. A brilliant movie with exceptional screenplay and acting. Was reading on the movie and got to know that Shahid too was made by Hansal Mehta. Infact there is a small connection too in both reel and real life. Any idea where I can watch Shahid? It is not available on NF, Prime, Zee5, Voot, Hotstar and YT.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 08:23   #3600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Any idea where I can watch Shahid? It is not available on NF, Prime, Zee5, Voot, Hotstar and YT.
You can watch it on Sony Liv.
sahil624 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks