Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2021, 08:40   #3616
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Raat Baaki Hai (2021)

The Hindi Movies Thread-1920x770_762596014.jpg

Synopsis - It's a story of one night where estranged lovers Kartik and Vasuki end up meeting each other after 12 years under strange circumstances. Kartik is on a run for being a murder suspect. However, there is more than meets the eye.

Meh, can be avoided. Storyline is nothing new and the plot is predictable. Too many loopholes.

Rating - 1/5
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 09:53   #3617
BHPian

Parinda (1989)

A semi classic take on Bombay Underworld. The movie completely belongs to the cynical don played by Nana Patekar and the ever concerned big brother Jackie Shroff. 3.5/5

If I was a student of movie making then this would be like a perfect case study. It had brilliant cinematography, fine editing, average music however that one song 'Tumse Milke' is still popular among the early love birds, screenplay with proper past recalls and present emotions makes the movie a semi classic in it's own right. People who are in love with Maximum City, would like the camera work and the gloomy scenes of the city especially the shots at Babulnath Temple.
Nana Patekar with ease showcases the consequence of a fickle mind and his indifference to human emotions including his own wife and kid. His performance on his mental state with regards to his past and fear of fire is second to none till date.
All those who love such movies, please do not miss it for anything. The experience shall stay with you even after watching it and then make you read more on it.
VWAllstar is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 18:51   #3618
BHPian

Chitchor (1976) : Amazon Prime.

A simple tale of mistaken identity, simple honest people, lovely locales, the hero serenading the heroine in a left hand drive Willys jeep, few train scenes, and music that be counted in the Top 5 Hindi film albums of all time; This is one of those movies which makes one yearn for the yesteryears (no, I am not that old ).

A timeless classic.

5/5
DigitalOne is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 09:09   #3619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
Chitchor (1976) : Amazon Prime.
A timeless classic.5/5
Watched it yesterday on Prime. Nice simple movie with soothing music. More than Gori Tera Gaon..I liked Aaj se jyada...song. Amol Palekar was a stand out actor as a Middle Class man in the era of macho men's like Dharmendra. Must watch!

Ramprasad ki Terhvi 1.5*/5

An ensemble of great stage and character actors. Expected it to be a really good movie. It shows the different emotions and relationships between a large family - Nothing new. It was very depressing throughout. Even the background score is depressing. I would suggest to skip it especially during such difficult times. We need more positive movies to be watched by one and all.

Housefull 4 3*/5

It is so bad and lame that it is good. Looks like they had signed the actors before the directors, dialogue writer and et all. The story is unrealistic but hey that's what the movie is made for! Akshay Kumar, Johny Lever and Chunkey are fabulous. It is no match to Gunda however they have tried to have multiple dialogues which rhyme.
"Naam hai mera Bulla, rakhta hoon main khulla.” vs "Kabootar ka yuck brings good luck" Obviously Gunda Fans would loath at the latter attempt.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 25th April 2021 at 09:12.
VWAllstar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 10:18   #3620
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Parinda (1989)

A semi classic take on Bombay Underworld. The movie completely belongs to the cynical don played by Nana Patekar and the ever concerned big brother Jackie Shroff. 3.5/5
Thanks for the reminder! A classic. Will watch it again. Been years. Sharing another Patekar classic for you, if you haven't already seen it:

GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 10:27   #3621
Distinguished - BHPian

No reviews of Saina currently on Prime?

It is so unlike an Amol Gupte film. Bad acting and some super bad overacting by the role portrayed by Saina's Mum. Also a proof on how not to make a flop movie based on sports.

The movie makes one feel that you are a winner from Day 1 and even your best accomplishments are damped by the badly executed background score. There isn't a moment of excitement as an audience even with a large screen TV and a good Home theatre system and lights turned off at home! I tried by best to proven wrong but all of my family members who watched with me had the same to day.

Less said the better about the acting skills of Parineeti. We literally were forcing ourselves to watch it till the end only because of our Daughter.

2/5 for me only because of the subject (Badminton).

Last edited by paragsachania : 26th April 2021 at 10:28.
paragsachania is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 10:35   #3622
Distinguished - BHPian

I watched Chopsticks on Netflix. A good light-hearted movie for a relaxed evening watch.

A dark comedy with a good cast to support a simple story. I have been a fan of Vijay Raaz and Abhay Deol. I liked the work of Mithila Palkar in the last few movies and this one doesn't disappoint too.

3.5/5.
ashis89 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 11:25   #3623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sharing another Patekar classic for you, if you haven't already seen it
Have watched Ab Tak Chappan few times. With Nana, the supporting cast too complimented the story, screenplay and background score. Especially Mohan Agashe, Yashpal Sharma and the sub inspectors played their part very well.
Now looking for Nana's few other movies like Prahar, Yeshwant and Khamoshi. Heard they are good movies in the league of his performance in Parinda.
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 01:13   #3624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Watched Ajeet Daastaans on Netflix. It is a conglomerate of four stories directed by different directors. I liked three out of four stories, didn’t like the one with Konkana Sen Sharma and Aditi Rao. Jaideep Ahlawat and Fatima Sheikh were particularly good in their roles.

I would rate it 3.5/5.
+1

Nice watch. I concur with you; the one with Konkan & Aditi ain’t that great.

However, the last story is the best. Especially the end scene.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 20:59   #3625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
+1

Nice watch. I concur with you; the one with Konkan & Aditi ain’t that great.

However, the last story is the best. Especially the end scene.
Yes, last story was the best, especially Manav Kaul
Interestingly, in the reviews thatI have read online, they have touted the story with Konkana as the best.
sahil624 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 23:11   #3626
BHPian

Unlike the popular view here, and like the popular reviews, I loved Geeli Puchi - Konkona and Aditi's short film the best. Typical Neeraj Ghaywan's story of an out-of-luck protagonist finally getting a big win. Loved it to the bits.
Old 30th April 2021, 23:28   #3627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Have watched Ab Tak Chappan few times. With Nana, the supporting cast too complimented the story, screenplay and background score. Especially Mohan Agashe, Yashpal Sharma and the sub inspectors played their part very well.
Now looking for Nana's few other movies like Prahar, Yeshwant and Khamoshi. Heard they are good movies in the league of his performance in Parinda.
Prahar is one of his all time best movies. Classic Nana Patekar minimalistic acting. Must watch movie!
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 02:01   #3628
Team-BHP Support

Saina = 1 star.

Please avoid. Terrible direction, horrible acting and pathetic & tacky screenplay. I thought it'd be a good watch with my daughter but turned out to be a waste of time.

Last edited by Eddy : 1st May 2021 at 02:02.
Eddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 05:45   #3629
Senior - BHPian

For some reason, I get the feeling that most of the recent movies (since say, 2016) are now beginning to feel boring. All of them have this "new-age" in-your-face dialogue, all too real and grimy visuals, cuss words, gratuitous sex and violence. Entertainment is truly Over The Top.
I actually now prefer the escapist cinema of the 70s-90s. Watched Namak Halaal , Dostana (1980) recently and really enjoyed it for its silly and sometimes melodramatic acting, classic action scenes and evergreen music.

Well, I am from the generation where kids used to play Amitabh-Vinod Khanna-Dharmendra everyday in our colony playgrounds in Santacruz (E), Bombay . Todays Instagram fandom is just fake AF (as they call it). We used to enact those characters as kids It also helped the matters that Mr. AK Hangal stayed right across our colony and took his daily walk in and around our buildings. And the stars visited him regularly , whereby we also got several glimpses.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 1st May 2021 at 05:53.
fhdowntheline is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 17:07   #3630
Senior - BHPian

Milestone (2020) : Netflix

The story revolves around the life of a truck driver who has to adapt to the changes (both personal and professional) around him.

The direction and acting is decent, but the story itself runs at a slow pace and is not very engaging. I often found myself distracted, having to either skip or rewind a few times to stay in the flow. There are also a couple of scenes, which seems to have been added for no reason.
RahulNagaraj is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks