Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2012, 14:11   #2116
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
P.S: That lady sadhu was HOT and Tisca Chopra in her brief appearance looked the most ravishing till date4/5
When did Tisca Chopra make an entry in this film. I dont remember seeing her. Maybe I missed it...or cant remember it.

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th October 2012 at 14:22. Reason: Please dont quote entire post for one line post :)
Old 15th October 2012, 14:23   #2117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
When did Tisca Chopra make an entry in this film. I dont remember seeing her. Maybe I missed it...or cant remember it.
She is the TV host who interview Paresh Rawal

Watched " Bhoot Returns"

Story : Same cliched of people moving into a new house which is haunted including many lame cliches like creaking door, windy noises, even a blonde doll, horribly loud background score (which is becoming RGV trademark) and camera placed in odd and super lame areas (Inside a wash basin to give a top-up view of person washing his face) to show creativity etc

Actors : JD Chakravarthy is a disaster (similar to Manisha Koirala) who cannot act or speak two lines of hindi without the proverbial hyderabadi accent. Manish was haggard, bloated like body out of water and shrieking was her way of acting.

Richa who plays JD's sister and comes to stay with them in their house on her vacation looked nice and acted quite good and was the balancing act between the weird zero chemistry couple.

The kid around which the movie revolves was extremely cute.

Effects : Each and everyone of them was childish except for the last 15 minutes which will indeed scare the audience.

Summary : Another major dud from RGV factory. He should lay down his directorial mantle and go back to his DVD rental business.

1.5/5 ( 1 for Richa and 0.5 for the last 15 minutes of decent scare)
Old 15th October 2012, 16:36   #2118
Distinguished - BHPian

English Vinglish

Pros:
- Sri Devi. Mehdi Nebbou. Two fantastic actors doing an excellent job. Even after some good performances by a few others, these two completely overshadow the rest. Except probably the niece (Priya Anand) of Sri Devi, who holds her fort for a while.
- Some stellar messages that are portrayed visually in an excellent manner. For e.g., telling your family that you are "busy"/"in a meeting"/etc and can't spend time with them.
- "Mind your language" format duplicated and yet executed quite nicely
- Beautiful cinematography. For someone like me who hasn't been to NYC, the city has been shown beautifully. Friends watching the movie with me who have been there, assure me it ain't all that awesome.
- Chemistry between SD and her son. SD and the french actor. Basically SD

Cons
- Too much drama-bazi at times. Probably it hit a chord with moms across the audience. It didn't with me for sure. And (I assume) a lot around me.
- SD's quavering voice (even for normal scenes).

Overall, quite a decent watch. 4/5 IMO.
Old 16th October 2012, 00:04   #2119
Senior - BHPian

Hey, don't listen to your friends, NY is indeed awesome. After all beauty is in the beholder's eyes. Keep an open mind as & when you get to visit.
Sorry about the OT but then NYC is one of my favourite places to spend time in, so could not help it and had to post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
English Vinglish
Friends watching the movie with me who have been there, assure me it ain't all that awesome.
Old 16th October 2012, 00:42   #2120
BHPian

Watched Makkhi - Looks like its a Telugu dubbed movie. Surprisingly was better than many other films I have seen I did not get bored.
Old 16th October 2012, 01:33   #2121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
English Vinglish

Pros:
Overall, quite a decent watch. 4/5 IMO.
Totally agree. After long time saw a film which has its heart at right place.
Amitabh's cameo role was also outstanding.

The scene in which he make sridevi comfortable in the airplane is too good.

And the dialogue to US immigration officer is mind blowing.

Immigration officer : What is your intent of visiting US?
Amitabh : I am here to spend dollars and help economy !!!!
Immigration officer stamps the passport in a hurry without asking any more questions !!!

Next time I am planning to give the same answer when I enter US.

Last edited by athanedar : 16th October 2012 at 01:34.
Old 19th October 2012, 17:00   #2122
Senior - BHPian

Issued in public interest : Please don't waste your money on Student of the year...third class movie with very poor content.
Old 19th October 2012, 17:07   #2123
Senior - BHPian

^^I am surprised that people still went and watched the movie despite the Trailers.
Old 19th October 2012, 19:46   #2124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt
Issued in public interest : Please don't waste your money on Student of the year...third class movie with very poor content.
Oh brother!
I am in for it then. This HAS to be seen as per the home office.
That bad, eh?
Old 21st October 2012, 22:20   #2125
Senior - BHPian

The legend behind epic blockbuster movies like Deewar, Waqt, DDLJ, Darr, DTPH passed away. Tragic news for bollywood industry.

RIP Yash Chopra.
Old 22nd October 2012, 11:58   #2126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
And the dialogue to US immigration officer is mind blowing.

Immigration officer : What is your intent of visiting US?
Amitabh : I am here to spend dollars and help economy !!!!
Immigration officer stamps the passport in a hurry without asking any more questions !!!
I dont think this happened in the movie. Amitabh says the dialogue what you outlined above and gestures and says " if you dont want, i will go back to India from here". The scene cut through and later showed both AB and SD walking out of the Airport.

Watched this movie a week back. Agree with everyone, it was a fabulous movie and SD stole the show with her restraint acting ( for a change)

I loved that french guy and the chemistry he and SD shared which was the highlight of the movie

Who is that dark faced and ever darker lipped husband of SD? I found him irritating and a miscast

Overall, a light fluffy movie which was thoroughly enjoyable

4/5
Old 22nd October 2012, 13:45   #2127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Completely
Utter wastage of time and money. Pls stay away from this one.
Old 22nd October 2012, 19:26   #2128
BHPian

I had misfortune of going to this movie yesterday and now I want my money back. While i did like some of KG's movies now days he only makes them to fulfil his fantasy . All his hero’s strip and show skin more than the heroin . Nothing wrong in that but why do I have to pay :(.

His father made great films and he should not dilute the name of the banner he represents.

only 15 people in the entire hall .

Kool_kid Rating : -5/5

If you have the misfortune of sitting through this painfully unfunny movie your first impulse will be to open google and look up "frontal lobotomy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha;
Completely
Utter wastage of time and money. Pls stay away from this one.

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 22nd October 2012 at 19:29.
Old 22nd October 2012, 22:35   #2129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Who is that dark faced and ever darker lipped husband of SD? I found him irritating and a miscast
His name is Adil Hussain

He is the same guy who played the Mob head husband of Vidya Balan in Ishqiya

He also played a part in Agent Vinod
Old 29th October 2012, 16:55   #2130
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched " Chakravuyh" starring Arjun Rampal, Abhay Deol, Manoj Bajpayee and Esha Gupta

I am surprised there is no review of this movie on this thread. It's a story based on the problems of Naxalites in North East.

Arjun and Esha play cops with a love interest while Abhay is Arjun's close pal. He moves over to Naxal side to become an informer but, becomes one of them after starting to believe in the Naxal ideology

Really enjoyed the movie as Naxal problem is indeed a Chakravuyh as you dont know whom to beileve. Naxals, Government or Police

Superb acting by Arjun and Abhay, especially Abhay as a rebel without a cause was really good. A new face ( Anjali Patil) as one of the Naxals stands out with her performance while Esha Gupta was just about decent ( atleast better than other beautiful bimbos in Bollywood)

Manoj Bajpayee in a small role acted with restraint and shone well.

A couple of songs added for masala which neither stand out nor make any sense. Some of the cinematography was not that great with movie shot in darker tones

Overall, it is a good politico-socio movie with a message and can be watched once for sure.

3.5/5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks